Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The gold Pikachu and Zekrom-GX from TAG All Stars is coming to English two years after its original Japanese release! The card was never printed in English.

Pikachu-Zekrom-GX-Premium-Collection-1-300x223.jpg

The collection will come with ten booster packs, a gold Pikachu & Zekrom-GX promo, a jumbo version of the same card, and a PTCGO code card.
It will release sometime in November. Currently this has only been confirmed for EB Stores in Australia, but it will certainly come to at least one retail chain in the United States. It will cost $120 Australian dollars. This is about $90 USD, though the actual price will probably be closer to $50 USD judging by the number of packs.
Will we also see the other unreleased cards from TAG All Stars in the future?

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Oh my goodness, finallyyyyyyy

I wonder how many they'll release overseas? Because there are a lot of cards from TAG that they haven't done so with yet (several OOYAMA trainer cards, well over a dozen full arts, over half a dozen rainbows and 6 other golden Tag Teams)

EDIT: In particular, I want TPCi to at least bring over the other versions of Dusknoir-Trevenant. the only version TPCi has given us is nutty expensive now

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I have the Full Art Sightseer in Japanese and Korean. I guess if an English copy comes out I'd be obliged to grab it but eh. Seems weird to release this 2 years later.
It is nice to see since Tag All Stars box prices have skyrocketed, but if you wanted these cards, you've probably gotten a copy by now.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
$90 USD seems way too much for this, no? Does that mean it’ll come with more than the ten packs and that promo? Otherwise that’s really steep.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
$90 USD seems way too much for this, no? Does that mean it’ll come with more than the ten packs and that promo? Otherwise that’s really steep.
Lots of people got really angry when the Togepi-Igglybuff-Cleffa box was originally listed at a similar price to this box, but it ended up being sold for cheaper, if I remember correctly. So this price might also be lower upon release (hopefully)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
AUD prices usually aren't representative of what they end up being elsewhere. Happens with a bunch of hobbies that I follow. So we should see it be listed as lower if/when we get a listing of it in USD.

Joshua198989

Aspiring Trainer
I live in Sydney, just ordered 2 - 1 to open and 1 to keep sealed; can confirm we in Oz are stung to heck when it comes to cards, the Zacian/Zamazenta ETB were 140AUD on EB Games for example. You could shop around and get it 110-120 elsewhere. So don't just convert the price to USD because that will not be the case.
As this is exclusive, the only other shops selling it will be ones who buy from EB Games...so by Feb I expect this to be around 150 mark minimum to pick up.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Putting aside how baffling this is to come out now, this is still a step in the right direction. And HOPEFULLY it's a sign that the other Tag All Stars cards will release in some fashion. Especially those full art Supporters.
1. remaining OOYAMA trainer cards are basically cards that we can't use in Standard.
2. Who frikin cares if they released those FAs, we still cannot use it in Standard?
3. SM block is ending in Sept.10
4. All have Yellow A borders since Regulation Markers didn't exist yet.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
2. Who frikin cares if they released those FAs, we still cannot use it in Standard?
Collectors exist, you know...

And some of us don't collect Japanese, nor do we want to shell out a stupid amount of money for these cards because they're banished to be Japan exclusives. Plenty of those XY Supporters they brought over from the Best of XY had already rotated by the time they got released here. There's no real excuse that these shouldn't be released in English.

I don't care how long it's been or their standard viability, I feel as if it's a big enough chunk of cards we should have gotten that we haven't. It's not really like some random Japanese promo Pikachu that we know has no shot of coming back, these are cards that should have been released already.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
1. remaining OOYAMA trainer cards are basically cards that we can't use in Standard.
What on earth are you going on about? You do know that collectors exist too, right? Interest in Pokemon cards isn't exclusive to what's in Standard. And the fact that I specifically said I especially want those full arts should have clued you in on me wanting them for collection purposes, since y'know... they obviously won't be in Standard. I've wanted these cards to come out in English for what, two years now? And suddenly, after all this time, there's a glimmer of hope, and I expressed how much I liked that.

It would have been one thing if you had just given your opinion about this product being odd since the card will rotate out by the time it's released. Yet, for some reason, you felt the need to talk AT me--not converse with me--and give this unrequested list of unrelated opinions geared towards Standard. How ignorant and pretentious do you need to be to feel the need to do that? Especially to ask who cares when obviously you're replying to someone who does?

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Even if we all pretend collectors don't exist, Expanded is a format too?? Those OOYAMA arts and a bunch of the full arts (Roxie, Welder, TrevNoir, etc.) are certainly used a lot in Expanded

In fact, with Dragon Types returning, Mysterious Treasure will probably see even more play in expanded- so a reprint in the form of the OOYAMA version of it would be awesome

Last edited:

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Even considering they will rotate out soon, they're Trainer cards. And you know what Creatures can do with Trainer cards?

Reprint them in standard sets.

The moment Creatures decide to reprint them somewhere, that unusable full art would be standard legal until the reprint rotates out again.

Sometimes you need to think outside of your little standard box, y'know?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Even considering they will rotate out soon, they're Trainer cards. And you know what Creatures can do with Trainer cards?

Reprint them in standard sets.

The moment Creatures decide to reprint them somewhere, that unusable full art would be standard legal until the reprint rotates out again.

Sometimes you need to think outside of your little standard box, y'know?
Let's just wait for the meta to "outtrend" these cards before reprinting again. Like Copycat. Copycat was being "outtrend" on its recent reprint, that's why it gets reprinted.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
What on earth are you going on about? You do know that collectors exist too, right? Interest in Pokemon cards isn't exclusive to what's in Standard. And the fact that I specifically said I especially want those full arts should have clued you in on me wanting them for collection purposes, since y'know... they obviously won't be in Standard. I've wanted these cards to come out in English for what, two years now? And suddenly, after all this time, there's a glimmer of hope, and I expressed how much I liked that.

It would have been one thing if you had just given your opinion about this product being odd since the card will rotate out by the time it's released. Yet, for some reason, you felt the need to talk AT me--not converse with me--and give this unrequested list of unrelated opinions geared towards Standard. How ignorant and pretentious do you need to be to feel the need to do that? Especially to ask who cares when obviously you're replying to someone who does?
I know, collectors are about there, my point is the impact in Standard Format to the fact that they're Sun & Moon cards by the end of the day.

Nicholas Chang

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, huh. Interesting. Just after we thought that Tag All Stars was abandoned and left in the dust, this comes out. That's something.

You know what'd be even better?

Oh, I dunno. All those Full Art Supporters we never got.
A collectors product with all those unreleased FA's like the Premium Trainer's XY Collection Box would be perfect.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Is there a chance of this coming to the UK, my little brother loves pikachu and zeros GX and this could be a good Christmas present