Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can now post the full set list for Evolving Skies, as many hobby stores have started selling the set’s Build & Battle Boxes!
Our set primarily features cards from Eevee Heroes and Sky Stream & Towering Perfection.
However, over 90 cards have been cut from our English set. This includes some of the special art Eeveelutions, Shauna, Schoolboy, Schoolgirl, several holos, and several Battle Styles cards. You can see all the cut cards at the end of this news story.
The cards were cut due to the sheer sizes of the source sets and needing to include the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
It will be very interesting to see how they handle the cut Eeveelutions. If they aren't in Celebrations (y'know, because the three Kanto Eevees are right there), and they aren't in Fusion Strike, will we even get them at all? And what does this mean for the Alt VMAXs for the Kanto Eevees? The mysteries will soon unfold!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It will be very interesting to see how they handle the cut Eeveelutions. If they aren't in Celebrations (y'know, because the three Kanto Eevees are right there), and they aren't in Fusion Strike, will we even get them at all? And what does this mean for the Alt VMAXs for the Kanto Eevees? The mysteries will soon unfold!
Yes we will get them, they're Eeveelutions. They're absent because they're being saved for something special. Probably a Premium Collection or similar. Why have all the Eeveelutions in one set when you can spread them across multiple products for people to buy?

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Aw man, the Espeon VMAX alt art was the one I was really gunning for as well >_<. Oh well, at least the alt art Noivern V's still there.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Not mad about the cards that were cut, they are total garbodor... Except for the "Everybody rollout" ones and maybe Azumarill/Sandslash for control decks.

Lexi Stardust

Aspiring Trainer
Not happy with the Alt Art Flareon being cut, or that the only way to get a Flareon in this set is with a super rare, but at least there are two Flareons I can maybe get. If I can get both Flareons, the Umbreon Secret Rare and Alt art I will be happy... I hope I can pull any. T_T

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Claydol's not here. I was hoping to make a deck with it and Lycanroc Vmax. :(
That? Man, that's impossible to work. Regarding the fact that Fighting has the inconsistent energy acceleration. Also, Claydol brings down the HP... ON THE ACTIVE POKÉMON ON for 2 F energy. Heck, G. Rapidash do the better job than Claydol. That strategy won't work, trust me. Format is aimed for OHKOs.

Also, they intended to cut it to lose all cards from Sun & Moon in Standard that might support this deck.

onewally

Aspiring Trainer
Is there no Rainbow Espeon VMAX at all? Not in the set list or the cut list. Would feel like that’s missing in my collection x(

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Yes we will get them, they're Eeveelutions. They're absent because they're being saved for something special. Probably a Premium Collection or similar. Why have all the Eeveelutions in one set when you can spread them across multiple products for people to buy?
True, true. Smart business tactics.
HOWEVER, this REALLY isn't such a bad thing. The Alternate Arts have "atrocious" pull rates (by necessity, because otherwise they would have messed up the pull rates of every other "high class" card), and by cutting these Alt Arts and including them as Promos is going to make them far more accessible in the long run. We got about a dozen GX Alternate Arts as Promos, and the more V and VMAX Alternate Art Promos we get, the better.
Schoolboy-Full-Art-213x300.jpgAlso, I'm sad that they cut the boy who proved that Pokémon world kids also pick their noses.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Am I the only who is bummed at Swampert is getting cut? The swampy boi has been getting shafted for ages now. Blaziken is my favourite Hoenn starter but it sucks that Swampert had no GX when the other two Hoenn starters got one. Blaziken has a V and VMax. Come on guys. Give Swampert some love. Make him a competitive card.

Am I the only who is bummed at Swampert is getting cut? The swampy boi has been getting shafted for ages now. Blaziken is my favourite Hoenn starter but it sucks that Swampert had no GX when the other two Hoenn starters got one. Blaziken has a V and VMax. Come on guys. Give Swampert some love. Make him a competitive card.
No, you're not the only one. But we're getting all these cards eventually (perhaps we may get a few of them in Celebrations, and if we do get any of them in there they will be holos (although sadly not sharing the same holosheet as modern Holo Rares), but most of them will be in Fusion Strike).
As for getting a competitively playable Swampert, that prospect is unlikely in a format of big basics and VMAXs, especially when even most Vs and VMAXs aren't top-tier. Certainly this Swampert isn't going to be competitive. However, Swampert is a great line for the cube-format (ironically Swampert is a better cube line than Blastoise, not because Blastoise is bad but because it is so much harder to balance). Cube is, by the way, a great format for people who feel that their favorite Pokémon or line or card is being underrepresented or isn't strong enough to compete... it may be necessary to adjust the power level, change out some of the other cards or lines, or even switch to mutant evolution rules (Pokémon evolving based on type instead of line) if there aren't enough Pokémon of the right power level within the evolutionary line, but with enough effort, cube allows you to create a balanced, self-contained format featuring the Pokémon and the cards and the effects that YOU want to include. It may be necessary to leave out some cards if they don't fit the power level, but for the most part whether or not a card is featured is up to you.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Glad the main set up to the full arts still fits in a half inch binder! I'm getting tight on storage.
Some absolute bangers in those full arts though. This one is gonna be pricey...

Also, I just realized that WPM says that Metal Energy is still unconfirmed... well, that may be TRUE, but I don't see why it WON'T be here. My reasoning? We already have Fighting Energy, Water Energy, and Psychic Energy. The box art Pokémon are a Psychic type, a Darkness type, a Dragon type with a cost of Fire and Lightning, and another Dragon type with a cost of Metal and Fighting. Since we already have Psychic Energy, that works out very nicely.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
No, you're not the only one. But we're getting all these cards eventually (perhaps we may get a few of them in Celebrations, and if we do get any of them in there they will be holos (although sadly not sharing the same holosheet as modern Holo Rares), but most of them will be in Fusion Strike).
As for getting a competitively playable Swampert, that prospect is unlikely in a format of big basics and VMAXs, especially when even most Vs and VMAXs aren't top-tier. Certainly this Swampert isn't going to be competitive. However, Swampert is a great line for the cube-format (ironically Swampert is a better cube line than Blastoise, not because Blastoise is bad but because it is so much harder to balance). Cube is, by the way, a great format for people who feel that their favorite Pokémon or line or card is being underrepresented or isn't strong enough to compete... it may be necessary to adjust the power level, change out some of the other cards or lines, or even switch to mutant evolution rules (Pokémon evolving based on type instead of line) if there aren't enough Pokémon of the right power level within the evolutionary line, but with enough effort, cube allows you to create a balanced, self-contained format featuring the Pokémon and the cards and the effects that YOU want to include. It may be necessary to leave out some cards if they don't fit the power level, but for the most part whether or not a card is featured is up to you.
Unfortunately, Celebrations is composed of Box Art Legends, Pikachu, Mew, and Professor Oak. No room for your Swampert. I made the partial set list of it based on leaks online so check it out.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I just realized that WPM says that Metal Energy is still unconfirmed... well, that may be TRUE, but I don't see why it WON'T be here. My reasoning? We already have Fighting Energy, Water Energy, and Psychic Energy. The box art Pokémon are a Psychic type, a Darkness type, a Dragon type with a cost of Fire and Lightning, and another Dragon type with a cost of Metal and Fighting. Since we already have Psychic Energy, that works out very nicely.
@Chimecho3000 messaged me privately about another leak, this time it was the Spanish ETB. Confirming the presence of SR Metal