Help Experience with Proxy Booster Boxes?

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Hi everyone- me and a few friends wanted to try something along the lines of a mutant draft with booster packs. Since our local store restricts customers to 5 packs (and it would be inconsiderate to buy them all even if we could) I want to get a proxy (fake) booster box- not only is it cheaper, but we can play with any secret rares we might get without worrying about damaging a valuable card.

I'm looking for a box that contains cards that are for the most part identical to the original, 12/36 packs with holo or better rares as usual, and cards from only one expansion- essentially as close to the real product as possible.

However, looking online, there doesn't seem to be much info about these boxes. Any videos I can find are about obviously fake cards. I found one seller that I was interested in (https://www.zaxtechshop.com), but there aren't any reviews to go off of so I don't know if they're trustworthy. The site in general seems pretty sketchy. Does anyone have experience with this shop, or know a better place to buy this type of product?

If your ONLY purpose is to play with cards just for fun, you can download images of Pokemon cards you want, print them out, and cut & paste them onto cheap cards like bulk basic energy cards. That's what I do ?

By buying fake cards, you are supporting that kind of (unethical) business, and in a way, encouraging them to continue. I would rather support TPCI and companies that produce real Pokemon cards.

Since the pandemic, I understand it is difficult to find authentic products and buy them at reasonable prices. The Pokemon company knows there's a shortage and is probably working to produce more cards. Remember Roaring Skies set?
I've posted in an earlier thread discussion that there are almost NO scalpers in Canada (at least near where I live), so supply is not an issue for me.

Cards being overpriced kind of encourages me to be smarter with money, make more money, work smart, and learn how to be rich!

If your ONLY purpose is to play with cards just for fun, you can download images of Pokemon cards you want, print them out, and cut & paste them onto cheap cards like bulk basic energy cards. That's what I do ?
This doesn’t really work for a drafting format. In drafting, the players open each pack, choosing a card, drafting it, and then passing the to the next person, until all the cards in the pack (and all the packs in the box) have been drafted.
Still, you could use proxies for any valuable cards you don’t want to damage.
Right now, Battle Styles booster boxes are selling for about $100 on TCGPlayer. This is the cheapest option for genuine booster boxes.
Since the pandemic, I understand it is difficult to find authentic products and buy them at reasonable prices. The Pokemon company knows there's a shortage and is probably working to produce more cards. Remember Roaring Skies set?
Pokémon is trying to make more product. They’ve already produced more cards in the past year than they have in any year previously. TPCI’s manufacturing plants are spinning their wheels to try and get sealed product onto the shelves.
Eventually the scalpers will be forced to lower their prices to below MSRP to get rid of their stock, at which point the market will be flooded with cards. I imagine the sheer quantity of cards produced will have a long-term impact on card prices once scalpers are compelled to dump their spoils.

Back