Professor Willow from 'Pokemon GO' Coming to the TCG this Summer!

LightYearLiam

I'm a little disappointed, but then again it's fitting considering, well...he's a professor. The different art style weirds me out a bit, though I know they've done this kind of thing before when they made the Detective Pikachu set.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This confirms Research will stay legal even if Shining Fates rotates out for 2022
Incorrect. Legality is now based on the regulation mark, not on the set. Research is still "D" block and will rotate with the rest of the "D" cards, no matter how many times it's printed. Only being printed with an "E" or later can save it.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
This confirms Research will stay legal even if Shining Fates rotates out for 2022
Not too sure about that. IIRC We're going to use the letter-based rotation system after SSH-on, this card is inside the 'D' block, the same block of SSH base up to Vivid Voltage. Shining Fates onwards are E block, excluding alternate art reprints.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Incorrect. Legality is now based on the regulation mark, not on the set. Research is still "D" block and will rotate with the rest of the "D" cards, no matter how many times it's printed. Only being printed with an "E" or later can save it.
Oh yeah forgot lol

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
The art style is really off putting... Glad it's just a variant of Professor's Research and not a new card. Not buying stuff I wouldn't normally buy just to get it.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
I think it's good this is a professors research. Could you imagine if the card was like a cynthia and all the sudden all of us need a ton of them and they're impossible to find. That would be horrible

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The art is so weird to me. Actual manga style just doesn't seem to fit within Pokémon's world. We usually take it for granted, but this goes to show how much of a big deal Ken Sugimori's style is for the entire franchise. It's the spinal cord of the entire world building. Amazing to think about.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I was just thinking how it's weird we didn't get a dedicated "Pokemon GO" set, just random references sprinkled left and right. Willow seems to continue in that tradition, as a limited promo.

SenorChinocano

Aspiring Trainer
In the not to distant future, Niantic goes on to make Transformers GO and leaves Pokemon GO behind, there will be a Pokemon GO TCG set. Tesla's will have Pokemon GO destinations pre-programmed in it's navigation, Universities will hand out Pokemon plushies instead of diplomas, and all adults will be required by law to wear white lab coats.

FersureMatt

Aspiring Trainer
So we get a code with the purchase and it ISN'T for PTCGO? Jeez.. come on.. It seems like they are making an effort to not support most popular TCG online client.. It really bothers me.