DP remakes and pre-quel announced!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
My god, that Arceus artwork...the Rhyhorn with the Ralts and Rowlet on top of him AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have a new desktop background.

arulz

THE SEEKER
the announcement on Pokemon day was basically a teaser for both of these.

SWSH didn't show anything in the first trailer- not even overworld Pokemon, let alone GMAX etc. Didn't show anything until June.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Legends, but we will have to see. I am unfortunately too turned off by the "faithful remake" angle as well as chibi models to be excited about BDSP, but I hope I'm wrong.

Whatever my opinion, I think we need to wait until June to actually get an idea of what these games will entail.

arulz

THE SEEKER
I don't want it to be this way, but the writing is on the wall. Arceus will not be good. It's coming too soon to improve enough from the reveal.

What we see at E3 will seal our fate. That'll have been 6ish months since the last trailer was made and should give us an idea of what the finished product will be like.

Again, the first SWSH trailer didn't even show overworld Pokemon. Anything could happen.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
What we see at E3 will seal our fate. That'll have been 6ish months since the last trailer was made and should give us an idea of what the finished product will be like.

Again, the first SWSH trailer didn't even show overworld Pokemon. Anything could happen.
Assuming it'll even be shown at E3. This random date announcement makes me think we're not seeing anything for a while, or else they would have done this in a Pokemon Direct/Presents before E3 like they usually do.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Assuming it'll even be shown at E3. This random date announcement makes me think we're not seeing anything for a while, or else they would have done this in a Pokemon Direct/Presents before E3 like they usually do.
I don't think we have E3 this year, since you know, current worldwide situation in which I can't mention. Also, we need more info for us to hype up to the Sinnoh remake games.

In TCG, I think we still stick to Vs. Lv.Xs are way too restrictive on how will you run it in a deck. Good thing it's gone for like 10 years. I don't say its bad, but in the age of three prized format, I don't think it'll be a thing since it's more on evolving stuff.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think we have E3 this year, since you know, current worldwide situation in which I can't mention. Also, we need more info for us to hype up to the Sinnoh remake games.

In TCG, I think we still stick to Vs. Lv.Xs are way too restrictive on how will you run it in a deck. Good thing it's gone for like 10 years. I don't say its bad, but in the age of three prized format, I don't think it'll be a thing since it's more on evolving stuff.
I hope this site isn't banning mentioning it. That would be silly.

Either way, E3 is happening, but it's online. This has been known for months. We also know that Nintendo is participating, but they haven't announced when the Direct will be. They might announce it tomorrow.

fleshrum

Cephalophore

anything that slows the game down is a good thing. The dppt era had some of the best card designs of all time ever and was several years of the most diverse and complicated metas, plural, in the history of the big 3. They shouldn't bring it back just because, but... Good thing it's gone? No way.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
anything that slows the game down is a good thing. The dppt era had some of the best card designs of all time ever and was several years of the most diverse and complicated metas, plural, in the history of the big 3. They shouldn't bring it back just because, but... Good thing it's gone? No way.
Slow game is easily boring.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
so here is my theory...
at one point we had game and virtual console...
BDSP is the updated virtual console DP - you buy that first, and play through it.
Legends : Arceus is the real remake - you go back in time, change the Sinnoh history, and come back...
but not to your present, but to Cyrus' world. (the Switch memory sees that you have both games)
this unlocks the real BDSP remake on the same gamecard as the chibi DP.

Arceus is a physical DLC for BDSP.
we had to pay a game and a half for the full version of the last game, now we have to pay double for 1 full game.