'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
The ability protects the player and their hand, so stuff like Boss's Orders would not be affected by it.
I just had a weird and random thought.
In Yu-Gi-Oh the main goal is to attack the player, not the monsters, right?
And the card protects the PLAYER and their hand.
So how would an effect like this translate to Yu-Gi-Oh???
(obviously this is only theoretical, I'm just interest to know what sort of Yu-Gi-Oh card would best take the place of "Supporter", how long a card like this would last, and how broken such an effect would be.)
Of course, my understanding of Yu-Gi-Oh is extremely rudimentary; I have never played the game, although I know some friends who do, and what cards I do know of I either don't understand or have had explained to me in the context of how those cards would function in a Pokémon setting. I was just curious.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
So Greedy Dice shouldn't play in that way, huh?
it does. The game action and the order of the effect is the same. If you picked up a prize, added it to your hand, and then played greedy dice, you'd be cheating. Same as this reveal.

Oh boyyyyyyy that smeargle is so excellent. One of my favorite effects too, or nearly (Togekiss/Garchomp, Arceus, Vivillon for ex.)

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
I love the fact that the artwork of Smeargle and Eldegoss show the same location at two different points in time. Cards that tell a “story” of sorts, or link with one another are always some of my favorites.
Even better when you consider the synergy between the two Pokemon.

AliceVoltaire

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Professors, I have a VERY important question in regards to the rulings of this Milotic and ADP in Expanded. As it is worded, Milotic would prevent your opponent from being able to remove effects on you, the player, with Supporter cards. But what about Altered Creation? From my understanding of the wording on Altered Creation, the extra prize clause on the attack is an effect on the player, not your Pokemon. So hypothetically, if you were to have a Milotic out when you use Altered Creation, and your opponent does nothing to turn off Milotic's ability, would that prevent Pokemon Ranger from removing the extra prize effect of Altered Creation? This entire rulings hinges on whether or not Altered Creation's extra effect is considered an effect on your Pokemon or on the player.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Pokemon Professors, I have a VERY important question in regards to the rulings of this Milotic and ADP in Expanded. As it is worded, Milotic would prevent your opponent from being able to remove effects on you, the player, with Supporter cards. But what about Altered Creation? From my understanding of the wording on Altered Creation, the extra prize clause on the attack is an effect on the player, not your Pokemon. So hypothetically, if you were to have a Milotic out when you use Altered Creation, and your opponent does nothing to turn off Milotic's ability, would that prevent Pokemon Ranger from removing the extra prize effect of Altered Creation? This entire rulings hinges on whether or not Altered Creation's extra effect is considered an effect on your Pokemon or on the player.
Altered Creation is an effect on the player.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
It's nice to block Marnie, but setting up a stage one to do so is rarely useful. I don't like how the card designers are trying to stop bad format design with direct counters like this and the greedent that stops energy removal. The better solution is obviously to design the format in such a way that these cards don't become broken. I mean, even just a year ago crushing hammer and Marnie weren't big issues and that was mainly because decks were more consistent and fewer decks were reliant on multiple manual attachments.

I think a good way of addressing Marnie would be to print an alternative to it (*cough* Cynthia *cough*) and to give us more on-board draw. We currently only really have cinccino and you need multipleof them to get somewhere. Maybe something like abyssal hand octillery or even cosmic power claydol? Something on the power level of claydol would make games less "high-rolly " and would promote playing evolving pokemon, even in big basic decks.

This would also require some universal ball search card because that's really what's preventing 2-2 evolution lines in basic decks. LucMetal/Zacian would probably have a bronzong variant if you wouldn't need to warp your deck with 4 pokecomm, a terrible card when you only play 12 or so pokemon. I don't know if I want ultra ball back before quick ball rotates, because that would make big basic decks insane, but there must be some way of balancing universal ball search.

I realize that this has become a rant about standard so I might as well continue. The SwSh T1 rule was meant to slow down the game, but it didn't for 1 main reason: They didn't change the game design accordingly. Most decks set up in the same way but were now reliant on using dedenne on T1. This created more feel bad scenarios with bad discards but also discouraged single prizers and evolution decks. (Single prizers don't want dedenne on the bench and evolutions don't want to discard stuff) But the primitive big basics didn't mind, they wanted to use dedenne on turn one anyway!

The only way to make this rule fair is in a format where all decks are equally punished. There was a similar rule back in gen 3, but back then almost all decks evolved and there was no dedenne. They would have had to change the design MASSIVELY to fix all the issues of the rule, but they obviously couldn't. The only good thing the rule did was making going first or second a choice, but I would rather mindlessly go first if that would lead to a better format.

If they really wanted to make the decision of going first or not more skilled, they should have let you see your hand before the choice. A good hand with a quick ball and an energy? Go first. A bunch of trash and a research? Go second!

The thing is, so many things are messed up, at the same time, and for various reasons, that it's pratically impossible to fix eveything with either just one move, or at the same time. Butterfly effect is very real in these types of scenarios, and fixing some issues without very careful evaluation could have terrible unintended consequences. Man...I wouldn't wanna be on the game's design team...

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
It's nice to block Marnie, but setting up a stage one to do so is rarely useful. I don't like how the card designers are trying to stop bad format design with direct counters like this and the greedent that stops energy removal. The better solution is obviously to design the format in such a way that these cards don't become broken. I mean, even just a year ago crushing hammer and Marnie weren't big issues and that was mainly because decks were more consistent and fewer decks were reliant on multiple manual attachments.

I think a good way of addressing Marnie would be to print an alternative to it (*cough* Cynthia *cough*) and to give us more on-board draw. We currently only really have cinccino and you need multipleof them to get somewhere. Maybe something like abyssal hand octillery or even cosmic power claydol? Something on the power level of claydol would make games less "high-rolly " and would promote playing evolving pokemon, even in big basic decks.

This would also require some universal ball search card because that's really what's preventing 2-2 evolution lines in basic decks. LucMetal/Zacian would probably have a bronzong variant if you wouldn't need to warp your deck with 4 pokecomm, a terrible card when you only play 12 or so pokemon. I don't know if I want ultra ball back before quick ball rotates, because that would make big basic decks insane, but there must be some way of balancing universal ball search.

I realize that this has become a rant about standard so I might as well continue. The SwSh T1 rule was meant to slow down the game, but it didn't for 1 main reason: They didn't change the game design accordingly. Most decks set up in the same way but were now reliant on using dedenne on T1. This created more feel bad scenarios with bad discards but also discouraged single prizers and evolution decks. (Single prizers don't want dedenne on the bench and evolutions don't want to discard stuff) But the primitive big basics didn't mind, they wanted to use dedenne on turn one anyway!

The only way to make this rule fair is in a format where all decks are equally punished. There was a similar rule back in gen 3, but back then almost all decks evolved and there was no dedenne. They would have had to change the design MASSIVELY to fix all the issues of the rule, but they obviously couldn't. The only good thing the rule did was making going first or second a choice, but I would rather mindlessly go first if that would lead to a better format.

If they really wanted to make the decision of going first or not more skilled, they should have let you see your hand before the choice. A good hand with a quick ball and an energy? Go first. A bunch of trash and a research? Go second!
IDK why you think marnie is a problem. It's like N but less disruptive lol
I also think that they are doing a good job of promoting evolutions. SSH-on is literally built to have evolution be a main mechanic. The only reason the format right now isn't dominated by vmax is because they made the tag teams too strong.

I do dislike the t1 no supporter rule tho, I agree that it favors basics, especially zacian.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I also think that they are doing a good job of promoting evolutions. SSH-on is literally built to have evolution be a main mechanic. The only reason the format right now isn't dominated by vmax is because they made the tag teams too strong.

I do dislike the t1 no supporter rule tho, I agree that it favors basics, especially zacian.

I would rather be N'ed than Marnied any day of the week. With N, in the early stages of the game it's never as disruptive as Marnie, you draw 2 more cards and have more chances of drawing into some things you had before the shuffle,the counterpoint being that it acts as a comeback card later in the same way Stamp does, which is fine. People's gripes are more specifically about single prizers, and stage 2s. Sure, Vmaxes are technically evolving pokémon, but that's not what people want. Also, I don't know where in the world you've been playing, but the format is absolutely dominated by Vmaxes.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I can't believe it... This Milotic's ability is what pretty much everyone would be screaming to have in the olden days, which always suffered the cursed "N to 1" debacles. Yet they decided to print it only when a few hand disruption cards will exist in standard, and are much more tame than the past. Well played. >.>

That said, it still has plenty of uses, especially in expanded. Stage 1's are less prone to ability lock, and as a Rapid Strike Card, there's always the draw 5 + deck search Supporter to get it out. It will help hand hoarding decks (Like the hand fling-type attacks) immensely, and make more deck searching/drawing Pokemon actually useful for once. A counter to hand disruption has been so heavily desired since the old days that I do believe people will find a way to use it.

(Oh, and the Feebas + Rapid Strike tool and energy lets it do 30 spread damage for lulz. xD )

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I can't believe it... This Milotic's ability is what pretty much everyone would be screaming to have in the olden days, which always suffered the cursed "N to 1" debacles. Yet they decided to print it only when a few hand disruption cards will exist in standard, and are much more tame than the past. Well played. >.>

That said, it still has plenty of uses, especially in expanded. Stage 1's are less prone to ability lock, and as a Rapid Strike Card, there's always the draw 5 + deck search Supporter to get it out. It will help hand hoarding decks (Like the hand fling-type attacks) immensely, and make more deck searching/drawing Pokemon actually useful for once. A counter to hand disruption has been so heavily desired since the old days that I do believe people will find a way to use it.

(Oh, and the Feebas + Rapid Strike tool and energy lets it do 30 spread damage for lulz. xD )

We already have Marowak in format and no one played it. Turns out that 2 spots in deck to defend yourself from hand rip are just not worth it.

The Fish

0.o

Keep in mind Marnie gets substantially more terrifying when Path to the Peak comes out

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I would rather be N'ed than Marnied any day of the week. With N, in the early stages of the game it's never as disruptive as Marnie, you draw 2 more cards and have more chances of drawing into some things you had before the shuffle,the counterpoint being that it acts as a comeback card later in the same way Stamp does, which is fine. People's gripes are more specifically about single prizers, and stage 2s. Sure, Vmaxes are technically evolving pokémon, but that's not what people want. Also, I don't know where in the world you've been playing, but the format is absolutely dominated by Vmaxes.
Marnie is def more tame than N. If you are worried about marnie, just end your turn after a primate wisdom. Boom, marnie is nullified.
Worst case scenario, you start your turn with a new 5 card hand to play the game with.
You are just as likely to brick from a marnie as the person that plays the marnie.
You can't just play like marnie doesn't exist and then be mad when you get marnied tho too, you have to assume you will be marnied every turn and not horde stuff in your hand. You can play around marnie just as you can play around N; thin your deck, don't rely on having game in hand, play a consistent deck.
If your deck frequently loses to marnie, that is a sign that your deck is not as consistent as it needs to be.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
We already have Marowak in format and no one played it. Turns out that 2 spots in deck to defend yourself from hand rip are just not worth it.

Marowak was played a little while after it came out in some decks to stop the infamous Toad-Tina item lock decks. However, rotation removed Toad one set afterward, and so the item lock strategy switched to Vileplume - Of which Marowak did not stop: Marowak only stops effects of attacks from affecting your hand and nothing else.

Milotic, however, stops supporter cards from affecting your hand, and is the first card I've ever seen have this effect. It counters "real" hand disruptors - like N, Marnie, Ace Trainer, Judge, etc. - that are so incredibly powerful and easy to play, no one can actually practice hand management in matches when they exist. It's hard to do that when your hand gets gusted after most turns you play.

Whether this card gets played depends on how powerful hand management can be to help a player win a match. I think hand management is incredibly important in this regard, but who knows what the really competitive players think about this.

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
Not gonna lie, im surprised at how frequently TPCi releases Eelektross cards, the entire Evo-Line get little to no attention and are pretty much forgotten in newer games