First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
-Only ramps metal energy
-Only ramps to that specific Zacian V
-And immediately ends your turn so you can not use multiple intrepid swords or attack
- Draws 3 instead of 2
- Exists on a Basic
- That has 220 HP
- And a better attack
I did not say it's "objectively stronger", but it's definitely stronger in most situations.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
- Draws 3 instead of 2
- Exists on a Basic
- That has 220 HP
- And a better attack
I did not say it's "objectively stronger", but it's definitely stronger in most situations.
You said Zacian V "has a stronger version of this ability" which is just wrong. Of course the other facets of Zacian make it the better card the Gardevoir but the ability is not one of them

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
You said Zacian V "has a stronger version of this ability" which is just wrong. Of course the other facets of Zacian make it the better card the Gardevoir but the ability is not one of them
If you want to ignore the context in which they exist, sure. Drawing 3 is still stronger than drawing 2. These Abilities aren't exactly equal, but as you've admitted, Zacian is a better card, which is why we're going to see more of it.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
If you want to ignore the context in which they exist, sure. Drawing 3 is still stronger than drawing 2. These Abilities aren't exactly equal, but as you've admitted, Zacian is a better card, which is why we're going to see more of it.
Drawing 3 and then ending your turn is much worse then drawing 2.

I'm calling out your BS because you point wasnt just "Zacian is the better card" it was "Zacian has the better ability while also being a a basic with a good attack so lol balance" which is just such a misrepresentation of the facts. You don't need to lie to call out TPC for not having a well balanced game

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
You know, Gardevoir is actually a pretty neat card. The ability combines well with Primal Wisdom, the attack is easy to charge up and does good damage and it hits the Urshifus and MewMew for weakness. Unfortunately the second-Stage evolution is a problematic flaw for this card, not to mention the fact that a huge portion of the Gardevoir cards have really low hp. I wont be surprised if it has like 130-140 HP.

Oh yeah and Peony is awesome

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Drawing 3 and then ending your turn is much worse then drawing 2.
Unless you're not planning on attacking anyway, and it's on a card that has all the qualities we've both listed.
But sure, take the "dunk" if that makes you feel better, I am not going to stop you.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Unless you're not planning on attacking anyway, and it's on a card that has all the qualities we've both listed.
But sure, take the "dunk" if that makes you feel better, I am not going to stop you.
And how many times do you not attack after the first turn of the game? I rarely see Intrepid Sword used more then once maybe twice a game. Gardevoir would get to use its abilty every turn of the game and draw you many more cards over the course of the game then Zacian does

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
And how many times do you not attack after the first turn of the game?
Given that the games nowadays have the tendency to rarely go into double-digit amount of turns, the ability to ignore the Supporter limitation and draw 3/ramp on the first turn will probably far outweigh doing the same on turn 2-4 while using a ton of resources. And drawing 3 is 50% better than drawing 2, which matters when its purpose is setting up quickly.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Peony - such a weird card but a good concept. Imagine if your deck has a concept of needing cards to be discarded for some interesting interactions, Peony is such a good card to use. Searching your Reset Stamp (I know it's gonna be rotated, I get that.) To win the game or clearing your hand to use Quick Ball then Crobat to draw 6. Crippling your hand size is just a thing we can't ignore. 4
  • Peonia - if we can only peek the prizes... 3-4
  • Gardevoir - if we only have ways to easily turn 1 a Stage 2, 80% of the time, I can consider this card already. 3

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Given that the games nowadays have the tendency to rarely go into double-digit amount of turns, the ability to ignore the Supporter limitation and draw 3/ramp on the first turn will probably far outweigh doing the same on turn 2-4 while using a ton of resources. And drawing 3 is 50% better than drawing 2, which matters when its purpose is setting up quickly.
You don't need double digits turns to get more value from gardevoir. You need only 2 freaking uses of gardevoir to out value the 1 Intrepid Sword you get most of the time. That's only 3 freaking turns. Why do you think the game needs to go forever to out draw 1-2 Intrepid sword?

And how is Zacian V fast set up when you can't even use the cards you draw until your following turn? That was a nice +3 you had until it got Marnie'd away. I'd rather the 2 cards I get to use thank you.

Seriously do you even play this game?

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, that was his point. If you ONLY consider the ability text, not counting what Pokemon they're slapped on, Arcana Shine is far stronger than Intrepid Sword solely by the fact it doesnt end your turn, which opens the potential of activating it at least one more time and using the cards you've scried.

If you then also consider the Pokemon that has the ability, that's an entirely separate discussion.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
You don't need double digits turns to get more value from gardevoir. You need only 2 freaking uses of gardevoir to out value the 1 Intrepid Sword you get most of the time.
Considering how much set-up and deck space you need to activate Gardevoir, this value proposition isn't too exciting. I thought you were dead-set on arguing pointless semantics, not evaluating entire cards?
And how is Zacian V fast set up when you can't even use the cards you draw until your following turn? That was a nice +3 you had until it got Marnie'd away. I'd rather the 2 cards I get to use thank you.
Absolutely correct. Zacian V is a trash card, I have no idea why people keep using it or why it even appeared in few lists that don't even use Metal energy.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Considering how much set-up and deck space you need to activate Gardevoir, this value proposition isn't too exciting. I thought you were dead-set on arguing pointless semantics, not evaluating entire cards?

Absolutely correct. Zacian V is a trash card, I have no idea why people keep using it or why it even appeared in few lists that don't even use Metal energy.
I'm talking about the abilities here. Why do you keep bring in the other parts of the card that aren't a part of the conversation.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm talking about the abilities here. Why do you keep bring in the other parts of the card that aren't a part of the conversation.
Because you're arguing pointless semantics and I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. In summary, you agree that Zacian V is a better card, you agree its ability is going to be used more often, and you even agree with the premise that there's something wrong with the format. I immediately conceded that it's not "objectively better", simply better in most contexts. If you want to continue to argue as though you have something to prove then go ahead, just don't expect a reply.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Because you're arguing pointless semantics and I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. In summary, you agree that Zacian V is a better card, you agree its ability is going to be used more often, and you even agree with the premise that there's something wrong with the format. I immediately conceded that it's not "objectively better", simply better in most contexts. If you want to continue to argue as though you have something to prove then go ahead, just don't expect a reply.
You're the one who said Zacian V had the stronger ability which isn't true. And you never said you changed your mind on that

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I already smell Arctovish VMAX

I was really hoping this would be the set we get Kingler VMAX, but the last two possible spots (9,10) are probably taken up by Stayu and Starmie (the malamar one) that have been teased.

TBH I'd much prefer an Arctovish VMAX over a Celebi one!