First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
Why does everyone think every card made has to be good/ playable? Why can’t they be for collecting purposes as well?

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
Haven't played since I was a kid, but interested in learning again. Is this card bad primarily due to being a Stage 2 instead of a basic that can be deployed right away?

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
Haven't played since I was a kid, but interested in learning again. Is this card bad primarily due to being a Stage 2 instead of a basic that can be deployed right away?
Its bad because the damage is too low and its nothing really special. In this era, 160 damage isnt groundbreaking now that we have 300+ HP Pokemon that do much higher damage or have good effects, like hitting the bench or ignoring other abilities. The retreating block may be nice, but since switch is a commonly used card its practically useless.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
On the Spikemuth part, you most likely run Old Cemetery as a Stadium since its most easier than Spikemuth because you have to switch active back and forth to place the desirable dmg on Tauros and it keeps getting impractical.

Spikemuth can build up 4-8 damage counters per turn depending on your number of Switch/Birdkeeper in hand. Old Cemetery is limited to two and two damage counters per turn alone.

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
Its bad because the damage is too low and its nothing really special. In this era, 160 damage isnt groundbreaking now that we have 300+ HP Pokemon that do much higher damage or have good effects, like hitting the bench or ignoring other abilities. The retreating block may be nice, but since switch is a commonly used card its practically useless.

Gotcha, thanks.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Spikemuth can build up 4-8 damage counters per turn depending on your number of Switch/Birdkeeper in hand. Old Cemetery is limited to two and two damage counters per turn alone.

I hope amazing rare Jirachi does the job once stellar wish rotates, it’ll most likely be the best option available for the same role the old one has, right?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Why does everyone think every card made has to be good/ playable? Why can’t they be for collecting purposes as well?

Because cards can be both good and collectible. And it has zero downside for collecting purpose if the card is good?

I don’t think Poké-Collector is saying it’s a GOOD thing that these cards aren’t playable, but rather that it’s sad that everyone is saying that these cards are UTTERLY WORTHLESS just because I they aren’t top-tier competitive. And to be honest, I agree, it feels like an echo-chamber full of people trampling over anything and everything that isn’t top-tier, with a light sprinkling of people commenting on how great the artwork is and how happy they are that such and such a Pokémon has been represented.

Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
Anybody know when we will get the full reveal for the rest of S6? The set releases in 10 days in Japan correct?

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
With the release date getting closer, I predict that the full set list will be revealed either this Friday or this Saturday, as they nearly always reveal the full set list at least seven days before the sets are released.

Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
Huh... No one was in a hurry to see a new colorless V-Max pokemon, but I guess that they needed an obligatory colorless v-max on their flagship release.

Each card reveal just makes me fear about the fate of the missing Galar Gigantamaxes. Random Pokemon keep getting V-Maxes while we are still missing 8 game V-maxes. And with the focus on Calyrex formes, we can discard Hatterene and Kingler from getting a V-max this set.

We have Gengar, Inteleon, Duraludon and Sandaconda confirmed so that leaves Melmetal, Garbador, Hatterene, Machamp, Kingler correct? The full arts for Melony and Peony have been confirmed so that leaves Gordie and Raihan trainer cards that need to be released still.

Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
Shocked they're being so unimaginative with V choices. I hope we still get at least one of the following; Obstagoon, Perserker, Frosmoth & G. Weezing.
Me too the only thing that I scratch my head at is when Celebi, Tapu Koko and Sandaconda get more than one V. I would love more gen 8 pokemon V as I am collecting them. Really need Frosmoth as a V as well as Obstagoon.

Legends#23

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope that all the supporters have some potential to be playable in some way. Especially Flannery!!
They did an amazing job with Melony by keeping it balanced and extremely playable.

Volcanion V, I predict this is going to be the same as its unbroken bonds counterpart. Accelerate energy to fire pokemon in some way.

Metagross VMAX. I would be so happy to see this card if metal wasn't already extremely dominant as it is right now. Just by it's existence you already have tons of support. Unless they plan on being bold and making it a Psychic type...Even then you have psychic support coming lol it's in the ultimate win-win scenario. Making it a Rapid Strike is would just be overkill
I actually hope for metal for my collection haha but psychic would be cool but Calyrex V/vmax shadow rider is already psychic this set