First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

The fact that it is a bench sitter is the whole issue. If the attack cost was in line with the other SS Pokémon it could have versatility. There would be options. But seems people are cool with more simplistic gameplay.
Personally I would prefer not to put a support Pokémon directly into the line of fire unless it was good enough to be worth attaching precious Energy to it and moving it into the active slot, so bench sitting isn’t so much of a problem for me. But I suppose there are definitely situations when being able to attack would be great (although it’s not as if this Pokémon is going to survive most Boss combos long enough to attack anyways.)

Little late to this party but I will do whatever I can to find a way to make castform work. I loved rotom enough to play it from release to rotation. The stadium vs tool issue is not a small one (extra tools could all at least give free retreat, increased damage, or confusion, etc., whereas only one stadium can be used at a time (and the fire attacker, being the only one with decent output, discards a stadium so it can't really be a defensive one) . Not to mention hapu and clay and 2 stadiums that could have deleted other stadiums (viridian and hearth) will soon rotate so non-research ways of deleting stadiums are going to have to be things like Cinncino or galarian meowth, or bad supporters like Milo, Allister, Bea?!, Oleana!?!
But maybe new cards will be printed that make this worthwhile, or new stadiums that say discard up to 3 stadiums directly from your deck, if you do, search your deck for 3 more stadiums and put them in your hand... or something...
First of all, if stadiums discard the current stadium when put into play, aren't they hypothetically easier to discard once you get them, since you can just keep on putting down a new one to discard the old one? And second, do you technically HAVE to evolve Galarian Meowth into Galarian Perrserker for its ability to take effect, because if not, Galarian Meowth would actually be really powerful.

Hmm. Nice effect, I guess, but why can't it get a good attack if it's own Ability doesn't benefit itself...?
It feels like TPC has been designing waaaaay too many Stage 1 support Pokémon with vanilla attacks.

Single Strike;
Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX
Tornadus VMAX SINGLE Style
Sandaconda VMAX

Rapid Strike;
Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX
Metagross VMAX RAPID Style?
Celebi VMAX?

Only way Metagross isn't Rapid Strike is if Celebi doesn't get a VMAX and whatever does, is Rapid Strike. Single Strike set already has its 3 VMAX's though so I can't see how Metagross will be in that set.

Edit - I hope Zeraora Rapid Strike gets a VMAX.
Man!my Wish for Volcanion v was fulfilled

I guess we don't have to care about SS Houndoom's damage counters anymore
Yes. But how about the ability to accelerate energy? Placing Damage Counters can give you some advantage in various tricks. Like the Scroll of Corns for example or SS Urshifu from CHR. Also, SS Urshifu VMAX takes 4 energy to use its second atk. So the dmg counters is thete and we don't care about it.
SS Urshifu VMAX isn't the only SS VMAX that we know of...Also this works with ANY single strike pokemon. A SS V pokemon with toughness cape and Abomansow is 100+ HP. That's VMAX territory of HP on a pokemon that gives up only 2 prize cards.
Who cares about HP Buffing when the opponent can make ways around it?

Who cares about HP Buffing when the opponent can make ways around it?

If that was the case, who cares about any strategy when your opponent can make ways around it?

If my opponent plays tool scrapper/tool jammer. Good on them for building their deck building skills, we now have a metagame of back and forth with interaction.

Literally not my point.
Name 3 cards that explicitly go out of their way that have been printed within the last 2 standard blocks that help Stage 1 and 2s.
Then name any amount of cards that have been printed which go out of their way to Support 2-Prizers.

Point proven..

*COUGH* Level Ball *COUGH
*COUGH* creating the definition of Rule Box pokemon *cough*

Three specific cards though...
Cherim
Golisopod
Level Ball
Twin Energy
Mad Party
Familiar bell
Pokemon breeders nuturing
Bruno
Memory Capsule
Celebi/Manaphy(Since they arent that good in VMAX decks)

Woops more than 3

While these arent particulary limited to only single prize evolving decks, Alot of them have very poor usage in multi prized decks.
For example, cards like Bruno is bad in a VMAX deck because you'll only be able to use it once or twice a game in a specific moment where it probably wont have much of an impact during that specific turn.
While cards like Pokemon Breeders Nuturing are not that good. It is literally meant to be used for evolving.
So yes this answers your question. WHETHER THEY ARE SEEING PLAY OR NOT, they are literally designed for evolving decks.
And if you want to play semantics on the last 2 sets...That is really not fair considering there wasn't much support for any archetype in vivid voltage.

Last edited:
To stick and focus on Abomasnow though...

I'm definitely looking at this and going hmmmm with Slowking VMAX. 370 HP Tank (400 with Giant charm) that doesnt need energy acceleration from houndoom. It stays out of range from the two shot game from 180 damage. That's pretty neat imo.

While it is fighting weak, the only fighting pokemon that has seen success so far has been Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX and even that can't One Shot it lol While it can stick on a scroll and one shot urshifu back.

That might be a good experiment to try out

It could be balanced by giving it 90 base hp. I think that would be a more elegant way to do it. Or 100 hp if they don't want it to be searchable with level ball.
Then you run into a problem where if there's an effect that nulls your abilities, Abomasnow turns into a Frosmoth.

On paper the card is super interesting. Not entirely sure if its competitively viable (arguably it doesn't have to be) but it's definitely a cute 1-of in some Single Strike decks. If we have a single-prizer only format this would be pretty insane. 170 HP Primape comes to mind.

If you find the format this frustrating, why not stop playing entirely? Or why not try playing Expanded? Unlimited? Legacy? Theme Deck? Draft? Cube Draft? Sealed Cube? Mutant draft? Mutant CUBE? Elite? Singleton? Evolution? Pauper? The Lackey Pokémon TCG Custom Plug-in? Or even play a completely different TCG? It’s clear that all that the current state of the standard format is doing is embittering you and making your life miserable, and instead of taking out your emotions on everyone else, perhaps you would find it beneficial to remove this source of frustration from your life?
I know this is probably none of my business, but I want to help, so I’ll just say this one and let you take it or leave it. My suggestion is take it, I think you will feel a lot happier without this source of frustration in your life, but it’s your choice to make. I’m just pointing out the fact that there are plenty of options and trying to help in any way I can.

But there are still plenty of other formats, even if they aren’t all on the Pokémon TCG online.

Both the Lackey format and the Pokémon TCG Cube Draft formats I shared are online formats.
(Plus if you personally know anyone else who plays the Pokémon TCG you could TRY playing over Zoom. I’ve done it before, it’s not the best but it’s decidedly better than nothing. Granted you would then need the actual cards unless you decided to use proxies.)

I feel like this comment section is getting a little out of hand. This thread is about Abomasnow and other revealed cards from Jet Black Spirit and Silver Lance.
If you want to voice your opinion about the current format, you may do so in a friendly manner in another thread. I'm not an admin, but I'm sure they would agree with me.

Also, we still haven't seen V-Onion cards. I wonder what they could be?

Also, we still haven't seen V-Onion cards. I wonder what they could be?
Did you mean to say V-Onion on purpose?
That’s kinda sus.
Still, I agree that it’s taking the Pokémon V an awful long time to get unionized. ;)
They’re probably saving it for the special set.

No way. 'Tengoodbye'. The puns are on point. PLEASE keep that as the translation in English

edit: I love how Shiftry's just flying hundreds of feet above ground. Just casually. Because why not.

Last edited:
No way. 'Tengoodbye'. The puns are on point. PLEASE keep that as the translation in English
@Toinelay, one of the major translators from this site, translated this as "Shiftried Away", which is funnier to see. Either of the two won't make its way on the official translation anyways.
  • Shiftry - stage 2 and too awkward. It has some decency here and there. so watch out. Stage 2 tho. Rosa will be rotated. 3 Geodudes
  • Grapploct - we have a ton of switching options right now, at least it nullifies Air Baloon. 3-4
  • Hypno - bad first atk, bad second atk if you let to remove the special condition, unless that attack KOs. 3
  • Weavile - I don't know how will this thing works. 3-4

Last edited:

edit: Toine Lay over on twitter translated this as 'Shiftried away'. These attacks have me rolling omfg. Remember Goddamn punch?

I love how Shiftry's just flying hundreds of feet above ground. Just casually. Because why not.
en_US-SWSH4-012-shiftry.jpg

this has "Tengu" in the initial translation from this site.

At first I saw the Weavile and thought "huh, it must be water so it can actually use Rapid Strike Energy"... Then I saw the energy costs and the attacks.

They're really allergic at anything other than Urshifu employing the Rapid Strike Energy well, huh? Mienshao and Zangoose are the only other Rapid Strike attackers that can make proper use out of it.

Back