First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I'm really hoping for a single-prize format soon... all these 320 HP monstrosities that have dedicated energy accelerating-basics, accelerate energy themselves, draw cards and do gigantic damage are so far from some of the slower, strategic formats that were so fun. I'm not saying Standard is bad, but it's so, so different than the game I learned to play and loved

And, these aren't even broken, they're just very good. Which really puts the power creep of standard into perspective.

Shadow Lugia

Aspiring Trainer
so this means that calyrex, glastrier, and spectrier aren't v-union cards. Hopefully they also release singular cards of all three in the set.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Shadow rider calyrex is zoroark except instead of discarding a card, it attaches an energy. Alrighty... and then it gets a busted attack. If it wasnt weak to eternatus I would be genuinely concerned for the format. I'd also add that the ability can stack so you could draw an extra 8 cards and attach an extra 4 energy each turn if you have all 4 out. Right there is what makes it so good

Bongooo

So necrozma malamar is back in the form of ice rider calyrex/frosmoth/capacious bucket. The deck doesnt seem as strong as shadow rider but nonetheless still seems pretty strong, especially if paired with path to the peak

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Are you joking? Could melony not have been for Evolutions??? Did they HAVE to print more V support? Who's running THIS GAME???? MONKIES?

Was thinking something similiar, should be for Pokemons with no rule box, any water evo most likely will need to use deck space to add Fromosth line to an already tight decklist if they want acceleration meanwhile V pokemon which always need less deck space than evo decks receive these... at least a change something like V pokemons attach 1 while no Rule Box attach 2...

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
The regular Vs look WAY better than the VMAXes LOL I have high hopes for the supposed alternate arts tho

Bongooo

Eternatus is dead. They're releasing Zapdos V and that supporter that destroys bench.
It's a bit far to say eternatus is dead. Not every deck will play zapdos, because it does need fighting energy to attack. It will be a major roadblock for eternatus, but I'm sure people will figure out counters for zapdos in the future

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Exactly. They always have chwnces to innovate, but never take them. Where are the cards that do crazy things now like Ghetsis or Iris. But they went "naw lul here's more V support"
Ptcg players: we need new cards
Tpci: here's water welder and psychic volcanion, have fun

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the blue writing under the "Evolves from" bar is a reference to the V Union mechanic that is currently being teased about.....

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Ptcg players: we need new cards
Tpci: here's water welder and psychic volcanion, have fun

Lol, don't forget Psychic Net Ball. Glad someone pointed these out though. That said, Melony is kind of a nerfed Welder while Cresselia is kind of a buffed Volcanion.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I wonder if the blue writing under the "Evolves from" bar is a reference to the V Union mechanic that is currently being teased about....
It just says Dynamax. It's blue, since Calyrex is the only one that has a blue aura/clouds when Dynamaxing unlike the red aura of other Mons :p

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
We have
- Psychic Volcanion
- Water Welder
- Psychic Net Ball
- Psychic Rayquaza but acceleration is from hand with Zoroark's trade in built in
- Ultra Necrozma but Water type
- Power Plant but for everything

The most interesting card here is Old Cemetery, which enables the already annoying Galarian Cursola and Dracozolt decks to build even more damage counters on opponent's Pokémon. We're heading into a triangle meta once again - Dark > Psychi > Fighting, and fortunately with the rotation of ADP soon, single-prize decks will have a chance to compete. Metal will likely remain prominent into the meta, what with Cheryl Bronzong decks and Zacian turbo, Water with Calyrex Ice and Frosmoth, and Grass has two native accelerators in Cherrim and Rillaboom, we only need a good attacker. A shame for Fire which will likely plunge into the depths of irrelevance after Welder rotates, and Lightning, whose only remaining acceleration will be Electrode.

Still, given how prominent Calyrex Shadow will be, and the three-prize liability that it becomes when it can't win the prize race, single prizers should do well as long as they are able to consistently evolve and attack. This is my biggest consolation, they just need to print better single-prize darkness and psychic pokémon.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
That stadium negates Empoleon, meaning bench barrier Mew is back, but by the time this set arrives, who knows if Mew will be set to begin fading from Standard, with rotation slated to be just announced by that point in time...

But wait...

It is a double-edged sword: That Calyrex can't ability if you put that stadium up...

What else can you do to negate Eternatus, or even Urshifu?

One option involves Chandelure from RCL, as it has the ability to guarantee that one energy attachment means no weakness, not even vs. eternatus:

Psychic decks?

Orbeetle BST can Twin Energy out that dreaded ability weakness nullifier, since Chandelure's stage 2, bye-bye, eternatus vmax...

You know that inteleon on top can take care of supporting the water Calyrex, right?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
That stadium negates Empoleon, meaning bench barrier Mew is back

When did it ever leave? Empoleon only shuts things if it's in the active spot, as soon as it goes to the bench and Urshifu becomes active to use G-Max Flow Mew is working again... As far as the rest of what you said goes, I can't make heads or tails of it, my goodness.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty surprised by the stats. Considering how light and fast Shadow Rider is while Ice Rider is slow, heavy, and bulky, I expected low HP (by VMAX standards) + free retreat vs high HP + retreat cost of 4.