'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Nah, what if they have something like A SINGLE STRIKE SWINUB which will be THE MOST BROKEN THING EVER !? This will be the BEST SET EVER !!

no wait

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
32/70 cards revealed so far, including 5 V's, 2 VMAXS and 6 trainers. I have a feeling this just won't be a very good set ..

Edit - (38) if you include pre evolutions, which enevitably probably won't be any good.

Although you're probably right, we still have a V/VMAX line to see, and roughly 3-4 more Trainer cards. There's always the chance that something that isn't a big flashy multiprize Pokémon is actually worth a darn, too.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Congrats Shaymin! You can deal 10 damage and draw less cards than Snorlax while taking an energy attachment! If they had named the first attack Setup though, it’d be the clearly inferior Shaymin EX. As is, it’s a clearly inferior card.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Well, that's... a helpful card to put in a draft cube... and that artwork is very nice... and.. uh.. maybe it would be nice for a theme deck, if those still existed?

Holy heck I wish TPCi would just reprint HGSS-Noble Victories and let us play that instead

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Although you're probably right, we still have a V/VMAX line to see, and roughly 3-4 more Trainer cards. There's always the chance that something that isn't a big flashy multiprize Pokémon is actually worth a darn, too.

I hope you're right. I'm happy with Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Breastplate, but I'm sad the birds won't get VMAX's either, maybe down the line ...

LightYearLiam

So it's a tribute to Shaymin EX, but instead of being overpowered, it's terrible? Wow, what great card design.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Me: Mom, can I have Shaymin EX?
Mom: We have Shaymin EX at home.
Shaymin EX at home:
Shaymin.png

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I see this being a one-of in the prerelease packs, and that being the last time other than the binder-of-all-the-cards that I see this card. (Though it's a Rare in the Japanese set - so maybe not. But there's nearly always one normal-type card with attack-based draw in prerelease kits, because why not.)

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
One of them V/ VMAX will probably be a gmax so which one could it be?

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
One of them V/ VMAX will probably be a gmax so which one could it be?

What are the options left? Can't be many. I hope for Kingler, might be Garbodor.

Edit - Hatterene, Machamp and Sandaconda.

Gengar is coming at a later date, no metal pokemon in this set so no Melmetal and Duraladon.

Can't be Kingler either.

So it's either Garbodor, Machamp, Sandaconda or Hatterene. If any at all!

Last edited:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
What is wrong with y'all? Card's just a tongue-in-cheek nod to Shaymin-Ex, why on earth are you whining about it? Like...because Shaymin-EX was so impactful, that somehow makes it so that every other Shaymin card better be another super good instant staple card or don't even bother printing Shaymin ever again? Get a hold of yourselves ffs...

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
A decent card in for-fun limited draft games, and maybe starter decks for new players to learn how to play the game.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
What are the options left? Can't be many. I hope for Kingler, might be Garbodor.

Edit - Hatterene, Machamp and Sandaconda.

Gengar is coming at a later date, no metal pokemon in this set so no Melmetal and Duraladon.

Can't be Kingler either.

So it's either Garbodor, Machamp, Sandaconda or Hatterene. If any at all!

I don't understand. How could it not be Kingler V/VMAX? It seems like one of the most likely possibilities, since slots 11 & 12 are both open. Garbodor V/VMAX is also pretty likely, with 53/54 open. I could also see Hatterene, but I lean toward either Kingler or Garbodor. I don't see Sandaconda fitting, as there's only one slot open after Galarian Runerigus.

millennial

Aspiring Trainer
This Scolipede is bad. There's literally a Galarian Slowbro that has the same attack cost. It does the same amount of damage as well, the only difference is that the Slowbro does the extra 120 if the active Pokemon has any special conditions.