'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

Ad Dyna Tree Hill: Hopefuly, they'll specify the card more with translation, just like they did with the previous cards with similar effect, because: what about moving damage counters? Similarly, this card doesn't specify it either… although there aren't many cards that do that…
i'm not 100% sure but the fact Bronzong specifies it and other newer cards dont makes me think the rules themselves have been updated since to directly address whether or not moving damage counters between Pokemon counts as healing, so that's where the answer may lie

• Scolipede - another reason why I hate bland cards like this. Okay, 220 for 3 KO Zacian, how will you t1 it? 3 Geodudes
  • Dyna Tree Hill - if healing was still a thing... 3-4
I think the fact that you need to OHKO Zacian on turn 1 is the greater issue here.

Ad Dyna Tree Hill: Hopefuly, they'll specify the card more with translation, just like they did with the previous cards with similar effect, because: what about moving damage counters? Similarly, this card doesn't specify it either… although there aren't many cards that do that…

They simply stopped using the reminder because it's not necessary anymore. Moving damage counters around has absolutely nothing to do with healing. I mean you could make a case for potential confusion way back when the terminology used for healing was still "remove X damage counters", but after they just started using "healing" it should be pretty obvious moving damage counters has nothing to do with it. It's the famous "reading the card explains the card".

Also, beautiful "hand drawn" art style on the Stadium. I wish this style was the norm and the cgi the exception, not the other way around. Compare this art with the ones on Stadiums like Training Court or Gallar Mine. Yeah...yikes.

• Scolipede - another reason why I hate bland cards like this. Okay, 220 for 3 KO Zacian, how will you t1 it? 3 Geodudes
  • Dyna Tree Hill - if healing was still a thing... 3-4
Agreed. They seem to think simply slapping good damage on a card is enough. It fudging isn't. Zacian V would be NOTHING without Intrepid Sword. This Scolipede could be meta if it had a good ability.

wish there was better stage 2 support, there's no point of the drawback to their power being slow setup when the big basics in the meta are already stronger *and* quicker. i genuinely think letting non-rulebox pokemon evolve same turn would be fine in the current meta, theyre still clunky and situational

when do we normally get the full set list? normally at least a week before release right?
Exactly. It isn't even game accurate. If you were smart enough, in the video games it's totally possible for a Pokemon to evolve within a few minutes of playing. Why doesn't that translate to the TCG???

If that Scolipede was a Single Strike pokemon it would've been at least decent. Ramp via Houndoom, then a DCE, and hit for a total 240 + 10. Obviously being a Stage 2 attacker with nothing else but damage still makes it unfortunately janky, but that's another set of problem I'm not going to address.

Dyna Tree Hill usage will depend on how popular Cheryl (and Mallow & Lana) is later. It's definitely going to screw up Corviknight if a counter stadium isn't ready. Bonus, it also doesn't limit itself to benched pokemon and eats up a bench itself like Heal Jammer Mimikyu.

Sky Return is back!

But this Shaymin is not good.
(and makes sense because we've already got Crobat)

awh. remember when ability draw on a single prize basic with a level-up wasn't even good enough to make every deck at worlds? Those were the days.

EDIT: in case it wasn't clear, I think this is crap.

It seems like TPC is hiding the good cards from the set. Most of what we've seen so far, especially since the initial spoilers, has been pretty bleh.

I suppose we'll see what's up with the set when it is revealed in full on Thursday evening.

It seems like TPC is hiding the good cards from the set. Most of what we've seen so far, especially since the initial spoilers, has been pretty bleh.

I suppose we'll see what's up with the set when it is revealed in full on Thursday evening.

32/70 cards revealed so far, including 5 V's, 2 VMAXS and 6 trainers. I have a feeling this just won't be a very good set ..

Edit - (38) if you include pre evolutions, which enevitably probably won't be any good.

Back