Professor Willow from 'Pokemon GO' Coming to the TCG this Summer!

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
"You have 5 minutes to go outside and catch up to 10 pokemons with Pokemon Go, for every pokemon you catch this way your attack do +10 more damage to the opponent active Pokemon"

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like this. I think giving the characters from GO some representation is a great addition to the TCG. I'd love to see a bit more of that, such as the Team Leaders or the Rocket Admins represented as well, since they are pretty fun characters, despite their simplicity. I hope the TCG does more of the kinds of things like this in the future, it just has some nice collectible appeal to it.

It's especially nice seeing GO get some TCG representation too, as that has been my main way to experience the series in the past few years, especially since I decided to skip Sword and Shield. So it's like, "Hey! Here's something I'm active in getting TCG representation!"

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if it’ll require you to complete some sort of set missions in Go and you’ll get the card mailed to you? Don’t know if that would work out super well, but would at least be limited to one per account.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if it’ll require you to complete some sort of set missions in Go and you’ll get the card mailed to you? Don’t know if that would work out super well, but would at least be limited to one per account.

That part where we have to do some sort of mission and then the card is mailed is such a good idea. Here in Latvia we literally have nobody selling Pokemon TCG and the only way I get cards are by purchasing at Chaos Cards/Cardmarket but it is also expensive due to shipping :(

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
Go could have been great if they took the concept more seriously instead of making it a gem/points style grind, and no consistancy of pokemon in real world locations, when you can wait for events to cycle and catch them all without even leaving your house.
Plus they give away rares (like starters and eevee and legendaries) and shinies so often, it seems like theyve been reduced to a participation trophy
Go tarnished the series for me.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering when Pokémon GO would get a TCG treatment.

I hope they do more than Willow. I wouldn’t mind if they did a Rocket-like set with the 3 different teams (and even Team GO Rocket). There’s a lot of concepts in GO that would make for interesting TCG cards and themes.

Maybe even a new type of gameplay akin to Yu-Gi-Oh! with Speed Duels. Anything to mix it up and try something new.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
This is kinda cool, but my best guess for the card is:

Professor's Research - Professor Willow

Discard your hand and draw 7 cards.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
as much as i want more cards, i was hoping this wouldnt happen...
any merch with 'Pokemon GO' on it, is bad KO crap.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
There should be more spin off game representation in the TCG. I wanna see some more Pokemon Snap cards.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
This reminds I was thinking of a Pokèmon GO themed expansion with Rocket Pokèmon,who are basically Shadow Pokèmon.
Of course the mechanics will be the classic ones,just that there will be only Pokèmon from Kanto to Kalos,including Alolan and Galarian forms.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
This is kinda cool, but my best guess for the card is:

Professor's Research - Professor Willow

Discard your hand and draw 7 cards.
I hope this isn't the case. While it would be cool to have Willow as a card we know will see play, I feel like making a big deal out of this card and then making it a reprint is underwhelming

MtSilverHermit

Aspiring Trainer
Have any of the sides games ever been represented as cards before? Would probably be too late but colosseum/GoD characters or Snap characters would be cool too. The characters specifically, I know we've had shadow and snap based cards before.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Have any of the sides games ever been represented as cards before? Would probably be too late but colosseum/GoD characters or Snap characters would be cool too. The characters specifically, I know we've had shadow and snap based cards before.
Snap, Gale of Darkness, Rumble, Conquest and Art Academy got at least one card each. More probably did but that's off the top of my head

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering when Pokémon GO would get a TCG treatment.

I hope they do more than Willow. I wouldn’t mind if they did a Rocket-like set with the 3 different teams (and even Team GO Rocket). There’s a lot of concepts in GO that would make for interesting TCG cards and themes.

Maybe even a new type of gameplay akin to Yu-Gi-Oh! with Speed Duels. Anything to mix it up and try something new.
Nah. They didn't do Team Rainbow Rocket cards when they should have, there's no reason to do Team Rocket cards in a gen without Team Rocket.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm actually surprised I didn't expect that, given that GO has been polluting every other aspect of the franchise. Now I'm mildly surprised we haven't had an entire set with a GO tie-in, given that TCG is one of their most popular products along with mainline games and anime, probably out-grossing these by sheer cost/price factor.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Is it bad that every newannouncement makes me bitter rather than excited because it's still impossible to get any new products in the current state of Scalping 2021?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Is it bad that every newannouncement makes me bitter rather than excited because it's still impossible to get any new products in the current state of Scalping 2021?
I’m telling you, in the admittedly shorter than many seven years I’ve been in this hobby I’ve never seen anything this awful. And yup! Anytime for me it’s like; “Oh hey! A cool product! I can’t wait-Oh right. Can’t find jack anymore these days. Guess I’ll just go do something else...” I really hate it. I miss the old days of Shining Legends and the like where you could just go to a store, find it, and call it a day. But nope, we can’t print to demand anymore! We haven’t been able to since 2019! So the only people who can get these things either are scalpers who waste their days camping outside a Target all night or people with deep pockets. How fun this hobby has become! And don’t even get me started on Vintage...