• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rogue V-max slayer deck ( Amazing Rare Zacian/Porygon Z)

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone!
With V-maxes becoming more and more common, I decided to try and build a deck designed to give V-max players a very hard time by trading extremely favourably with them. And my idea centers around Amazing Rare Zacian, which does 150 for 3, and an additonal 150 ( 300 total) if your opponent has a V-max in play.

The List:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Porygon UNB 155
* 2 Porygon-Z UNB 157
* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Jirachi VIV 119
* 1 Zacian V SSH 195
* 4 Zacian VIV 82

##Trainerkaarten - 28

* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 1 Circhester Bath VIV 150
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 3 Marnie SSH 200
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 U-Turn Board UNM 211
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Great Ball SUM 119
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 213

##Energie - 16

* 3 Coating {M} Energy VIV 163
* 1 Grass Energy XY 132
* 3 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Aurora Energy SSH 186
* 1 Aromatic {G} Energy VIV 162
* 4 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea ( or how it should work):

The idea is to use Porygon Z's ability to attach as many special energies as we want to whatever we want to instantly load up Amazing Rare Zacian and swing for 300 damage if there is a V-max on the opposite side of the field. If you hit a V-max, it will be often KO'd when it retaliates ( Zacian is a psychic type and thus Horror Energy places 2 damage counters on whatever attacks it, putting your damage on 320, enough for the Majority of V-maxes bar things like Eternatus or Coalossal), meaning you give up 1 prize while taking 3 yourself. Capture energies can be channeled to Porygon Z itself so it can attack in emergencies while also grabbing the Zacians from the deck. Zacian V is mostly there as an emergency out if your first turn hand is completely worthless, or you can put 3x aurora/3x coating energy on it and surprise-kill something early.

Things it should theoretically destroy or trade favourably with:

V-maxes: Meowth, Lapras, Morpeko, Cinderace, Toxtricity, Malamar, Butterfree, Centiskorch, Scizor, Salamence, Alcremie, Eevee, Orbeetle, Galarian Darmanitan, Pikachu, Aegislash, and Mewtwo TagTeam GX gets destroyed without either weakness guard or Jirachi GX.

Things that probably depend on your speed and setup:

V-maxes: Inteleon ( the bench snipe hurts), Dragapult ( snipe again), Gardevoir ( dependant on if you can outdamage their heal shenanigans), damage focused Togekiss, V-maxes out of 320 kill-range ( Eternatus, Snorlax, Coalossal, Rillaboom, Drednaw, Charizard, Grimmsnarl).

Things that most likely destroy you:
All Zacian/ADP variants ( no V-maxes, so you are stuck with 2HKO's at best, and this price race you will lose), LucMetal, Copperajah V-max, control Togekiss V-max ( energy removal and possibly healing), and PikaRom ( full-blitz hurts and tag-bolt is straight murderous).

Cards I have considered to add:
  • A thicker Porygon Z line, going from 2-0-2 to a 3-1-3 line.
  • 1-2 Amazing Rare Raikou combined with 1-2 speed lightning energy to snipe and set up future KO's.
  • 1 Mew with bench barrier to help the PikaRom and Inteleon matchups.
  • 1-2 Cape of Toughness so the Zacians survive a Full Blitz from PikaRom or an unboosted Ultimate Ray from ADP
  • 1-2 Vitality Band to get into kill range of V-maxes with 330 HP, but more importantly, being able to snipe and OHKO Dedennes in case there are no V-maxes around.
  • some form of recovery, because right now losing 4 Zacians means it is over, often restricting agressive Research plays.
Cards I have considered cutting:

• Amazing Rare Jirachi. It seemed like a great idea, but I find myself not using it in 70% of my test games. Cutting Jirachi means the U-turn boards can go as well.
  • 1 less Capture Energy. Sometimes I find myself having a Capture Energy in hand, wishing it was any other special energy.
  • More special energies and ditching the normal grass ( it's mostly there because I only have 1 special grass energy for now, same reason there are only 3 special metals and not 4).
  • Cut down 1 Rare Candy
  • Remove the Circhester Stadium for another Chaotic Swell or pretty much anything since it only protects me against Volcanion in the Centiskorch Matchup.
Any advice is welcome!

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Maybe add a Latios GX for adp matchup? IDK how impactful it would be in the matchup but it is worth trying.

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone!
With V-maxes becoming more and more common, I decided to try and build a deck designed to give V-max players a very hard time by trading extremely favourably with them. And my idea centers around Amazing Rare Zacian, which does 150 for 3, and an additonal 150 ( 300 total) if your opponent has a V-max in play.

The List:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Porygon UNB 155
* 2 Porygon-Z UNB 157
* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Jirachi VIV 119
* 1 Zacian V SSH 195
* 4 Zacian VIV 82

##Trainerkaarten - 28

* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 1 Circhester Bath VIV 150
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 3 Marnie SSH 200
* 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 U-Turn Board UNM 211
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Great Ball SUM 119
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 213

##Energie - 16

* 3 Coating {M} Energy VIV 163
* 1 Grass Energy XY 132
* 3 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Aurora Energy SSH 186
* 1 Aromatic {G} Energy VIV 162
* 4 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea ( or how it should work):

The idea is to use Porygon Z's ability to attach as many special energies as we want to whatever we want to instantly load up Amazing Rare Zacian and swing for 300 damage if there is a V-max on the opposite side of the field. If you hit a V-max, it will be often KO'd when it retaliates ( Zacian is a psychic type and thus Horror Energy places 2 damage counters on whatever attacks it, putting your damage on 320, enough for the Majority of V-maxes bar things like Eternatus or Coalossal), meaning you give up 1 prize while taking 3 yourself. Capture energies can be channeled to Porygon Z itself so it can attack in emergencies while also grabbing the Zacians from the deck. Zacian V is mostly there as an emergency out if your first turn hand is completely worthless, or you can put 3x aurora/3x coating energy on it and surprise-kill something early.

Things it should theoretically destroy or trade favourably with:

V-maxes: Meowth, Lapras, Morpeko, Cinderace, Toxtricity, Malamar, Butterfree, Centiskorch, Scizor, Salamence, Alcremie, Eevee, Orbeetle, Galarian Darmanitan, Pikachu, Aegislash, and Mewtwo TagTeam GX gets destroyed without either weakness guard or Jirachi GX.

Things that probably depend on your speed and setup:

V-maxes: Inteleon ( the bench snipe hurts), Dragapult ( snipe again), Gardevoir ( dependant on if you can outdamage their heal shenanigans), damage focused Togekiss, V-maxes out of 320 kill-range ( Eternatus, Snorlax, Coalossal, Rillaboom, Drednaw, Charizard, Grimmsnarl).

Things that most likely destroy you:
All Zacian/ADP variants ( no V-maxes, so you are stuck with 2HKO's at best, and this price race you will lose), LucMetal, Copperajah V-max, control Togekiss V-max ( energy removal and possibly healing), and PikaRom ( full-blitz hurts and tag-bolt is straight murderous).

Cards I have considered to add:
  • A thicker Porygon Z line, going from 2-0-2 to a 3-1-3 line.
  • 1-2 Amazing Rare Raikou combined with 1-2 speed lightning energy to snipe and set up future KO's.
  • 1 Mew with bench barrier to help the PikaRom and Inteleon matchups.
  • 1-2 Cape of Toughness so the Zacians survive a Full Blitz from PikaRom or an unboosted Ultimate Ray from ADP
  • 1-2 Vitality Band to get into kill range of V-maxes with 330 HP, but more importantly, being able to snipe and OHKO Dedennes in case there are no V-maxes around.
  • some form of recovery, because right now losing 4 Zacians means it is over, often restricting agressive Research plays.
Cards I have considered cutting:

• Amazing Rare Jirachi. It seemed like a great idea, but I find myself not using it in 70% of my test games. Cutting Jirachi means the U-turn boards can go as well.
  • 1 less Capture Energy. Sometimes I find myself having a Capture Energy in hand, wishing it was any other special energy.
  • More special energies and ditching the normal grass ( it's mostly there because I only have 1 special grass energy for now, same reason there are only 3 special metals and not 4).
  • Cut down 1 Rare Candy
  • Remove the Circhester Stadium for another Chaotic Swell or pretty much anything since it only protects me against Volcanion in the Centiskorch Matchup.
Any advice is welcome!

Is this the final build for the deck? This looks very interesting, do you mind if we play this on our channel? we would credit you for the build of course.

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Is this the final build for the deck? This looks very interesting, do you mind if we play this on our channel? we would credit you for the build of course.

Feel free to play and/or modify the list in any way you wish.
I don't remember from the top of my head what my final list was, but I do believe I went for the thicker Porygon line (3-1-3 probably) and changed the basic grass and 1 capture energy for 2 additional aromatic ones.

You could probably fiddle around with the amount of rare candies and change/remove stadiums/add techs for whatever matchup you feel unsure about ( or add some form of pokemon revive/reshuffle to get the Zacians back when KO'd).

Look at it as a version 1.0 list, not a finalised one.