New 'Fusion Art' Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I believe it's a name of a (Japanese) set featuring the V-Union mechanic. It'd be really weird to have two mechanics that sound very similar, but do two different things.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
It sounds like an artwork label like Full Arts. Full arts are cards with the entire card being filled with art, so maybe fusion art refers specifically to cards that combine to create a larger illustration, which indicates Pokémon Legend, which indicates V-Union, which indicates we’re never going to get any more Amazing Rares. :(

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
It sounds like an artwork label like Full Arts. Full arts are cards with the entire card being filled with art, so maybe fusion art refers specifically to cards that combine to create a larger illustration, which indicates Pokémon Legend, which indicates V-Union, which indicates we’re never going to get any more Amazing Rares. :(

I really think you're right on this. Exciting times ahead of us, Battle Styles was already pretty good in getting me revved up, this new prospects are even cooler. Can't wait for rotation so we can leave Tag Teams behind us, good riddance!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
V’s are remixes of EX’s, which are loosely based off of ex’s; GX’s are loosely based off of ex’s as well, but have GX attacks which are original. Prism Star (and ACE Spec to a certain degree) are based off Pokémon Star, VMAX’s are similar to M EX’s but the two of them are distinct based off of HP gaps, prize differences and the “mega evolution ends turn” clause, Tag Teams are original, Break are remixes of Level X except for taking up the same slots as their standard counterparts, SP are remixes of trainers Pokémon from VS and the movie trainers Pokémon, Electrode from XY is a worse remix of Holos Pokémon, Delta Species are original and yet to be rereleased or remixed, Plasma are similar to Dark Pokémon but have no name clause, Trainers Pokémon from WOTC are original but in the same spirit as all other trainers Pokémon, Single and Rapid Strike Pokémon are remixes of Team Magma and Aqua Pokémon, Amazing Rare are original, and now we have V Union which are remixes of Legend. Missing any mechanics?

NeonCelebi

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah sounds like it. I wish there was hope for Amazing Rares.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Amazing Rares is not any different from the short-lived Steam Siege dual-type mechanic, Ancient Traits which IIRC only existed in two sets, and held items which were a thing only for promotional Pokemon back in the DPP era.

I would like these mechanics to be expanded upon, but TPCi dropping them like they are hot garbage is not anything new so I'm not surprised.