'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Wow, an interesting design?? I love how it mirrors Marnie's two-sided effect.
On the gameplay side it looks interesting, though possibly quite toxic. You obviously won't play it if you can't guarantee a KO on your opponent, meaning that it's very much a "rich gets richer" kind of effect. Still, it's not like healing decks have a massive advantage right now.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
This could actually be really nice in this format considering that A lot of decks that aren't OHKOing mons are going to overkill them on the next turn, this allows for minimal repercussions while using the yell towel. You could also just abuse the fact that your deck is hitting so much and gust up a fresh mon, heal so you don't help your opponent and then just KO it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Team Yell's Fan Towel - healing is good, but its bad. Its just 2 Potions in one card, it's bad. And I'm sure most of you don't want to heal your opponent, right? That might give them the advantage that you'll regret. 2 Geodudes

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Useful if your opponent's active Pokémon has no or very little (10-20) damage on it, so I wouldn't say it's bad, but rather situational.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Only useful if your opponent's active Pokémon has no or very little (10-20) damage on it, so I wouldn't say it's bad, but rather situational.
Or if your opponent already has 270 damage on their active Pokemon.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Only useful if your opponent's active Pokémon has no or very little (10-20) damage on it, so I wouldn't say it's bad, but rather situational.
I disagree, I can see this being useful in my Melcario deck... It's always a 2HKO or even 3HKO with that deck anyways, so healing up by 50 on my active and not really changing much on the opponent's Pokemon is a good strat.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This isn't really related to this card, but rather cards related to villainous teams in general-Anyone else miss when those kinds of cards had a more "special treatment" to them?-i.e., Dark/Rocket's Pokemon, the Aqua and Magma ones, or-and especially this one-Plasma Pokemon. (EDIT: And ultra beasts thanks @Nyora I forgot about those lol) Nowadays, you don't really see that anymore. Like, there were those Team Flare Hyper Cards in Phantom Forces, Double Crisis did a bit of fun stuff back then too, and... That's about it. Nowadays, anything remotely related to teams are just average old cards. It feels like there's missed opportunities both aesthetically-and, at least coming from an outsider's standpoint, mechanically as well.

I dunno if I'd want anything related to Team Yell though, now that I think of it...Those guys are better off being left forgotten.

Last edited:

Ethan R

Aspiring Trainer
I've actually been messing around with the gardevoir VMax deck someone posted a few days ago, I think this could actually really help the deck

jamestajames

Aspiring Trainer
I see this being good for stall decks that don’t do damage. You don’t hit your opponent? Might as well play this, to heal your Pokemon, because it doesn’t benefit your opponent anyways.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
This isn't really related to this card, but rather cards related to villainous teams in general-Anyone else miss when those kinds of cards had a more "special treatment" to them?-i.e., Dark/Rocket's Pokemon, the Aqua and Magma ones, or-and especially this one-Plasma Pokemon. Nowadays, you don't really see that anymore. Like, there were those Team Flare Hyper Cards in Phantom Forces, Double Crisis did a bit of fun stuff back then too, and... That's about it. Nowadays, anything remotely related to teams are just average old cards. It feels like there's missed opportunities both aesthetically-and, at least coming from an outsider's standpoint, mechanically as well.

I dunno if I'd want anything related to Team Yell though, now that I think of it...Those guys are better off being left forgotten.

I miss that too. But it's no surprise given how lazy and uninspired the tcg's design has become.

Nyora

A Cat
This isn't really related to this card, but rather cards related to villainous teams in general-Anyone else miss when those kinds of cards had a more "special treatment" to them?-i.e., Dark/Rocket's Pokemon, the Aqua and Magma ones, or-and especially this one-Plasma Pokemon. Nowadays, you don't really see that anymore. Like, there were those Team Flare Hyper Cards in Phantom Forces, Double Crisis did a bit of fun stuff back then too, and... That's about it. Nowadays, anything remotely related to teams are just average old cards. It feels like there's missed opportunities both aesthetically-and, at least coming from an outsider's standpoint, mechanically as well.

I miss that too. But it's no surprise given how lazy and uninspired the tcg's design has become.
But Ultra Beasts :(

Not exactly a villainous team, but no reason for a team type of category (personally avoiding calling them mechanics) to be limited to just the evil bros.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I see this being good for stall decks that don’t do damage. You don’t hit your opponent? Might as well play this, to heal your Pokemon, because it doesn’t benefit your opponent anyways.
Most stall decks work by preventing opponents from attacking at all, though. Eternatus VMax doesn't care in the slightest about your puny 50 damage healed... nor does Zacian (in ADP). It might be useful to adjust the math in a few cases, but for the most part if a stall deck is healing damage, it's going badly already. Not to mention that you can only do it occasionally, and it's a lot harder now to recirculate item cards that were used than it used to be, in the Resource Management Oranguru days.

The Fish

0.o

Not exactly a villainous team, but no reason for a team type of category (personally avoiding calling them mechanics) to be limited to just the evil bros.

100% agreed. Synergies between 1 prizers are always awesome. Speaking of which, they better print more Ultra Beasts in Sword and Shield. Them and Prisms were among greatest things that ever happened in pokemon tcg imo.

Scoop

Literally a sheep

Oh, of course those too! (I do think they could have done a bit more with the body of the card, maybe some red borders or something?) The Ultra Beasts, mechanically and somewhat aesthetically had a lot going for them and I'd love to see more of that. They-at least the GX's had that nice unison with the red GX Logo and the matching backgrounds, etc. I think my whole point is that I just want a bit more of that around rather than the same old same old every time. I loved collecting the Plasma cards back in the day because of that aesthetic they all had.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
This card's not too bad if you use it correctly - force a swap on your opponent if they've got a damaged Pokémon and it's essentially a Super Potion near enough without the energy discard.