Five Futsal-Themed Pokemon Promos Coming to the UK!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I love how it's not just "Eevee" like most of these promos would be. It's Eevee on the Ball

I like that little extra touch, kinda reminds me of something like Cool Porygon and whatnot.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Whose idea was it to give Tackle to the card promoting youth futsal???

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
So the Pikachu will be the rarest of all? Lucky for me, I'll be able to get the 4 easy ones by going to GAME directly. The last one though, we'll see how much it goes for online. It says "couldn't be easier," yet there's a "chance" involved.

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
Being sent to Game after work today to pick this one up for the Mrs since she collects Eevees. lol

itsPokeTree

Aspiring Trainer
Real shame they partnered with GAME for this. The place is a complete rip off since Mike Ashley took over. £4.99 just to order and collect from store!

The booster bundles sold out in a matter of hours and even though it’s supposedly one per customer, there’s people already selling them online at £50 a pop and have 10+ in stock...

Can’t fault the card though, and great marketing from TCPi to combine Pokemon with Footy and sell it exclusively to England.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Also in regard to the information on PokeBeach. All five of the cards aren’t UK exclusive. They are literally England Exclusive. Which makes them even more rare.

The other 3 countries in the UK... Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland can’t get this promo because the Futsal Programme is funded specifically by the England Football Team.

It’s a mistake a lot of people from outside of the UK often make. The UK is four countries.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I saw 1 person on eBay say "only 50 were made/given out per on location store"

Next thing I know, these are selling for £50+
You could literally walk into the store, spend £20, get the eevee card, sell it for 50, minus eBay and shipping fees, and you make around £15 profit and keep what you bought. Rinse and repeat. Damn.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
I saw 1 person on eBay say "only 50 were made/given out per on location store"

Next thing I know, these are selling for £50+
You could literally walk into the store, spend £20, get the eevee card, sell it for 50, minus eBay and shipping fees, and you make around £15 profit and keep what you bought. Rinse and repeat. Damn.
Bro thats messed up

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Bro thats messed up

Right? And I'm not making this stuff up. Look up Eevee on the Ball right now and you'll see a seller/listing with a person holding at least a dozen of them on one hand. That seller definitely did the whole process again and again, or could work at the store and have kept some.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
luckily ive aquired a few extra eevee's for my collector friends overseas... will definitely try to acquire a few of every card each time and do the same

but dont overpay on ebay... people paid hundreds for the Eevee when first released and now it can be picked up for £10-£15. Have patience and you'll pick one up for a good price. Depite being exclusive to England there are a lot printed... you just need to give them time to get into circulation among collectors.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
oh and the only one you can expect to pay a high amount for online is the Pikachu as that is rare and will be more difficult to acquire upon release as it can only be acquired through FA Futsal coaches and not through GAME Stores

Kumaquat

Collecting Birbs
Looks so cute I'm gonna get it. A good tip I found when I got the Eevee is if you order online choose to get delivered to store, you have to pay £4.99 shipping to store but you get a £5 Game voucher when you pick it up. You have to pay £4.99 to ship it to your home otherwise but get no voucher.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
luckily ive aquired a few extra eevee's for my collector friends overseas... will definitely try to acquire a few of every card each time and do the same

but dont overpay on ebay... people paid hundreds for the Eevee when first released and now it can be picked up for £10-£15. Have patience and you'll pick one up for a good price. Depite being exclusive to England there are a lot printed... you just need to give them time to get into circulation among collectors.
If it is released next week then I have a guy who I can buy one off for really cheaply

Cue2Power

Cramorant is Godly
I like how the cards say "on the ball" so you can use 4 grookey and for grookey "on the ball" if you wanted but you shouldn't because these promos are terrible strength wise.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Too bad the Eevee can't evolve, otherwise it would be a staple in eeveelution decks from now on unlike Eevee Gx.