Special 25th Anniversary Pokemon TCG Set Releasing in February!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Well! This is all very exciting! If this special set is anywhere near as good as Generations, we should be in for a treat! I want to see a set where Charizard doesn't hog the spotlight for once, and this special set just might be the S.S. Ticket!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I hope it's not strictly a reprint set of SwSh cards, like the "shiny" sets - it would really be a poor way of celebrating the "whole" of Pokemon.

Releasing as a "special" set rules out the possibility of Evolutions 2. I don't think they'll release Evolutions 2 as a limited set, if ever, given how popular the original was.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Calling it now.

As soon as distributors have them up, even before the cards in the set are revealed, I'm hogging up the ETBs. Maybe Premium boxes if any as well.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Well! This is all very exciting! If this special set is anywhere near as good as Generations, we should be in for a treat! I want to see a set where Charizard doesn't hog the spotlight for once, and this special set just might be the S.S. Ticket!
You're so right. We need a set that doesn't have Charizard being the center of attention for once. I feel like Blastoise and Venusaur aren't getting any love lately. :rolleyes:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well, I sure hope they at least put some more effort into this than they did with the dumpster fire that is Champion's Path. Make a set that encapsulates the series and is fun to collect, simple as that.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if this set just ends up being another outlet for them to lazily put together a bunch of cards that they need to catch up on from Japan, given how they keep releasing new stuff at 500 miles an hour. I would hope not, but it wouldn't at all shock me.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I hope it's similar in concept to CHP. But instead of replicating the journey through Galar, it represented every journey throughout every region. I doubt it would happen though cause that'd likely be a large set but a gal can dream

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I want to be excited but there'll just be another $400+ Charizard card shoved in to make scalpers froth and so the products will be impossible to find.

See Pokemon? It's a double-edged sword. Now stop putting ultra rare Charizard cards in every damn set.

Last edited:

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Man... don't be part of the reason these soar in prices

It's only the ETB I'm getting. I'm virtually leaving the test of the products alone. Same with Champion's Path. Ordered cases of ETB and nothing else. I'm not opening them. Saving them as nest egg.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I want to be excited but there'll just be another $400+ Charizard card shoved in to make scalpers froth and so the products will be impossible to find.

See Pokemon? It's a double-edged sword. Now stop putting ultra rare Charizard cards in every damn set.

The term Ultra Rare gets tossed a lot these days. By Ultra Rare do you mean GX/EX/V regular art and above? Generations had the M Charizard EX and honestly there were an abundance of products even at Toy's R Us (RIP Giraffe)

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
It's only the ETB I'm getting. I'm virtually leaving the test of the products alone. Same with Champion's Path. Ordered cases of ETB and nothing else. I'm not opening them. Saving them as nest egg.
But the ETB is what everyone wants...

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
But the ETB is what everyone wants...

If the point is to collect the set, getting the other stuff makes no difference. For example, right now, Shining Legends has increased in price. If you buy the ETB, it's like paying over $10 per pack to pull a shiny and grading it. If you buy the Raichu box for $30, it comes out to $6 per pack. Sure, the ETB is what attracts people, which is why I'm getting it. But some people here claim "my child is disappointed they can't get the newest set blah blah" which is why I don't get anything besides the ETB so there is no excuse for them to cry that out at least to me. Others scalp EVERY product.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I just hope that some of the 700+ Pokemon outside of Gen 1 are celebrated in the set this time. Hopefully, that Chimchar is a sign of this actually happening.

TheRealBro..

Well, I sure hope they at least put some more effort into this than they did with the dumpster fire that is Champion's Path. Make a set that encapsulates the series and is fun to collect, simple as that.

Don´t get your hopes up. This sure doesn sound like it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Don´t get your hopes up. This sure doesn sound like it.
Implying I had my hopes up in the first place, lol. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but I have zero expectations either way. So either I'll have something to be excited for or feel nothing about it. I'm not losing out either way.