Leftover 'Sun & Moon' Full Arts Releasing in English!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
YES. This is a really large part of the Sun and Moon era and I would have been incredibly sad to see them be exclusive to japan. While I won't bother much with the Rainbows, I'm definitely happy those full art supporters and that amazing baby trio card is finally coming here.

Seriously, I'm glad to be happy about something for once after being disappointed a bunch on Pokemon lately.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
WOW!! THIS IS HUGE!! These Full Arts were among my favorites from the entire era, and now they’re finally getting their well-deserved localization! I imagine this might be a sort of Premium Trainer’s Sun and Moon Collection, and I’d be happy to pay for all these gorgeous Full Arts! I’ll drink a MooMoo Milk to that!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I really do hope there's a Generations-type set next year where they dump all of these Tag All Stars cards. Even though I just caved in and bought as many of the Japanese versions as I could.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Champion's Path: Take my money

Possible Tag All Stars English: Do you accept the coins? (Robot Chicken Mario Luigi reference)

25th anniversary and olympics limited products: Take the children, just let me live!!! (Malcolm in the middle reference)

TheRealBro..

YES. This is a really large part of the Sun and Moon era and I would have been incredibly sad to see them be exclusive to japan. While I won't bother much with the Rainbows, I'm definitely happy those full art supporters and that amazing baby trio card is finally coming here.

Seriously, I'm glad to be happy about something for once after being disappointed a bunch on Pokemon lately.

Fingers crossed. Let's hope they will be released in an awesome, cohesive set and not some random box.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Fingers crossed. Let's hope they will be released in an awesome, cohesive set and not some random box.

There seems to be only a few, not exactly a lot to make a mini set, except maybe a holiday set, but that'd be September 2021. If anything, probably a Best of XY like the full art N, Shaymin Ex, etc.

And respectfully, I feel that now more than ever, companies are listening to loud voices, but only if it benefits them.

Sonic movie
Wreck it Ralph 2 (the Black Princess was not dark enough)

Here though, it costs them cents to produce these cards. A little more for the sheet necessary to add texture or gold looking. Yet, they know we will spend hundreds on these chase cards. They know how to get to us now.

TheRealBro..

Here though, it costs them cents to produce these cards. A little more for the sheet necessary to add texture or gold looking. Yet, they know we will spend hundreds on these chase cards. They know how to get to us now.

Definitely. Pokemon is all about the bucks now. That's exactly why I don't buy these boxes, only core products. I know that will probably not be the case, but I have a feeling that 2021 is gonna be a good Pokemon year.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Well, well, well...

I hope the dreaded Bellelba & Brycen-Man FA that I saw there comes w/ the altered wording promised to us by Creatures/TPCi when they banned it from Standard...

^ If not, then I could see such wording being released in box form alongside Mismagius UNB in early August 2021, which is too close to the end of Block C's Standard format lifespan to allow them one last shot of glory in Standard before it can't be played in Standard at all anyway , as the 2021 rotation takes effect approximately later in August/early September unless Creatures/TPCi says "no rotation will happen in 2021", so if I'm proven correct on the late box possibility, then for the sake of everyone seeking to use the errata'd version in tourneys, I shall hope Creatures/TPCi gives the aforementioned possible news that grants C block of cards, which that FA is a part of, more time in the spotlight, even if such news also means the scrubbing of the 2020-21 P!P season and/or the unfortunate deletion of all CP and tourney invites earned before the time the force majeure clause is triggered, as if that season never happened. Although I expect such news to not actually happen, given the nature of 2020, the COVID year, the unlikely is still possible...

...But the displayed FA card, along w/ promised errata, is the glue. Looking forward to seeing the release of the promised errata for the Bellelba & Brycen-Man in English, as when it is released in that language, it wiil likely be the errata'd version. Further, I prefer that the answer to this question is a "yes", so it gets more use in standard, by the masses, rather than staying banned for the entire time Block C is legal in standard: Will you deliver your promise w/ enough time left for these cards to enjoy the tournament limelight, rather than showing bad form by neglecting a promised errata until it is too late for those cards to be played in Standard anyway, Creatures/TPCi???

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Very happy to see this.

I was rooting the entire time for these cards to not get thrown into an SM-era set as an afterthought for a number of reasons, mainly because I've been holding out hope for a special SM-era box set (you may remember me wishing for as much in several previous news post threads).

The yellow-A alt makes it more likely these guys end up in some sort of promotional box, vs. getting mixed into another set.

I'm not quite on board yet with the idea of them getting mixed into another set in 2021, though I guess we could either see them pop up scattered across several different boxes (as Yellow A cards), or a Generations-style set with either updated templates, or for some bizarre reason, a set that either mixes SM and SWSH cards, or a SM-era style set released in 2021.

With the recent JP SWSH promos using the SM templates for SM cards, despite a SWSH numbering, I can't think of any good recent examples where TPCi actually bothered to swap card template styles. The last instance I can think of are some of the Evolutions-associated promos (Full Art Pikachu/Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard EXs) that had the retro/Evolutions card template style in the Japanese version of the Evolutions set, but got changed to the XY-era template for the English release. (And I still don't understand why, given they were always sold in boxes under an Evolutions thematic.)