'Vivid Voltage,' November's English Set!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Well, with the official confirmation that Amazing Rares are in this set, my interest in Champions Path is now out the window. It was more likely than not that they'd be in this set, though, after the description of Champions Path didn't mention them. But all that means is that I'll buy singles online of the Gardevoir and Alcremie V's and VMAX's.

I do wonder how rare the Amazing Rares will be, though. Like, how many in a booster box. We'll see in November.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
It says 6 Vmaxs, so they would be:
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Eevee (possibly)
Unknown (Water type? Pls?)
And eleven Vs
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Zarude
Ampharos
Steelix
Eevee (possibly)
Greedent
Unknown
Unknown (has Vmax)
And 4 special energy
Stone Fighting/ Grass Special (can’t remember name)(Whichever’s not in champions path
Water Special
Metal Special
Unknown (Dragon if it’s not deconfirmed)
This isn’t confirmed, just speculation.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard and Drednaw as Theme deck just as I predicted

Will be funny if Charizard its the one who take out Charizard TEU deck from theme meta but is quite unlikely anyway

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Well, with the official confirmation that Amazing Rares are in this set, my interest in Champions Path is now out the window. It was more likely than not that they'd be in this set, though, after the description of Champions Path didn't mention them. But all that means is that I'll buy singles online of the Gardevoir and Alcremie V's and VMAX's.

I do wonder how rare the Amazing Rares will be, though. Like, how many in a booster box. We'll see in November.
Expect amazing rares take the reverse holo slots and like prism stars, 2 per box

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Eevee (possibly)
And eleven Vs
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Zarude
Ampharos
Steelix
Eevee (possibly)
Greedent
Unknown
Unknown (has Vmax)
And 4 special energy
Stone Fighting/ Grass Special (can’t remember name)(Whichever’s not in champions path
Water Special
Metal Special
Nah, Maybe Twin Energy reprint in Champions Path

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Having the theme decks be a gym leader vs. a (former) champion feels kind of unbalanced, but w/e. I kinda wish it was Bea vs. Nessa instead, but we did just get the Sirfetch'd deck.

They're prob not gonna give us more than 2 Leon/Nessa in the respective decks, but I hope Nessa contains Cramokuda (even though Nessa doesn't actually have a Cramorant in the games) so we wouldn't have to pull or trade for them. On the other hand, I also kinda want the Leon deck to have some more of his mons (like Haxorus or Dragapult, but w/ [C] attack costs so [R] still works for them), rather than it just being another heavily [R] mon saturated [R] deck. His team in game only has 1 Fire mon unless you choose Grookey, after all.

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Eevee (possibly)
And eleven Vs
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Zarude
Ampharos
Steelix
Eevee (possibly)
Greedent
Unknown
Unknown (has Vmax)
And 4 special energy
Water Special
Metal Special
i am excited because with this we then have my favorite theory deck, orbeetle vmax-ampharos spread, look out mad party i t2 knock out your entire feild

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I hope all Amazing Rares are in this set. If it's like the new Prism mechanic and spread across various sets, it's too early.

Usually, every 4 sets, there's a new mechanic.

Last 4 XY Sets (Break)
1st 4 SM Sets were GX
Middle 4 SM Prism Star
Last 4 Sets Tag Team GX
1st 4 SwSh V & VMAx

If the pattern changes, who knows what next thing will be.

Also, Dibs on Cases of the Charizard Theme decks (I know it's a 4 Zard 4 Dred deal, still taking it

Scoop

Literally a sheep

Honestly my interest in it was out the window when I learned that the set in general, rather than the Alt. Art Tag Teams that actually have some form of collectible appeal to it, it was Celebrating all these BELOVED Gym Leaders from the Galar Region! with a bunch of Pokemon-V I couldn't care less about, along with all these products based on characters I couldn't care less about. Amazing Rares would've been an okay substitute for that but it definitely wasn't likely they'd have been in at all.

I'm gonna just get an ETB for that Full Art Charizard. Might even get the single of it if it's cheap enough.

I hope all Amazing Rares are in this set. If it's like the new Prism mechanic and spread across various sets, it's too early.

Usually, every 4 sets, there's a new mechanic.

Last 4 XY Sets (Break)
1st 4 SM Sets were GX
Middle 4 SM Prism Star
Last 4 Sets Tag Team GX
1st 4 SwSh V & VMAx

If the pattern changes, who knows what next thing will be.
Not really too early though, in the English/Mostly International TCG this has happened before:

• Boundaries Crossed introduced Ace Specs only three sets after EX's were introduced.
  • Primal Clash~Ancient Origins only did the Ancient Trait mechanic for three sets-BREAKThrough was the last set of 2015, starting the BREAK era for five sets (Including Evolutions).
  • Crimson Invasion partly introduced the Ultra Beast mechanic only three sets after GX's were introduced. Of course Prism Stars and Tag Teams were the more major mechanics of 2018 and 19 respectively, but Beast support was also throughout that year as well and a major part of especially 2018.
It still does follow a general pattern but there are definite variations out there. That being said, I am wondering if Amazing Rares are going to be a one-off. Legendary Heartbeat came before Shocking Volt Tackle, right? I'm not sure if there's any mention of AR's being in the upcoming set, but correct me if I'm wrong on that, I barely follow the Japanese TCG.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard and Drednaw as Theme deck just as I predicted

Nice prediction indeed. Now, to see if my prediction happens as well that just like the Team Up Theme Deck had Charizard, as well as Prerelease and Staff, same with this new Zard
Will be funny if Charizard its the one who take out Charizard TEU deck from theme meta but is quite unlikely anyway

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
So no Amazing Rares in Champion's Path?
What cards will have Champion's Path now?
And especially...
that Sobble promo and the Charizard theme deck are gorgeous

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Eevee (possibly)
And eleven Vs
Pikachu
Orbeetle
Togekiss
Coalossal
Zarude
Ampharos
Steelix
Eevee (possibly)
Greedent
Unknown
Unknown (has Vmax)
And 4 special energy
Water Special
Metal Special
As Japanese main sets tend to have 4 VMAX cards, and the "in-between sets" have 3, I'd say our 6 VMAX cards are Pikachu, Orbeetle, Coalossal, Togekiss and then two unknown VMAX cards from Shocking Volt Tackle.

It's the same with the regular V cards. We know there's 11 regular and 13 FA. Main sets tend to have 8 and "in-betweeners" usually have 6. Furthermore, we already know regular Sirfetch'd won't be in the set. This leaves Pikachu and Orbeetle from Shocking Volt Tackle and Coalossal, Togekiss, Zarude, Steelix and Ampharos from Legendary Heartbeat. It would not surprise me if two V cards got removed from the Japanese Shocking Volt Tackle and made into English promo cards (we already got one with Sirfetch'd), with their FA cards being left in (hence the 13 vs 11 V cards).

I could see Greedent being featured in Champion's Path maybe, and Eevee VMAX in a Collection of sorts, as the regular Eevee V from the decks became a tin promo