Mismagius and Bellelba & Brycen-Man Banned by Creatures and TPCi!

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
They should make it optional to take prize cards overall. It'd be a big change but add quite a bit of strategy and remove the prize card related combos that they seem keen on removing.
With this you could chose to take KOs to remove energy from the board but not take prize cards if you know your win condition is KO-ing a multi-prizer in order to avoid Reset Stamps.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Let us be honest, the only reason either of these cards were banned was because they are tech's to combat the new broken pokemon Eternatus.

Bellelba & Bryceman reduces the bench size and takes away the power of Eternatus. Mismagius allows you to be down a prize card and activate Karate belt. Both of these are viable strategies to combat the power of Eternatus.

Sorry, but I feel this is a blatant money move. To keep demand high, and their chase attacker viable, they had to ban these cards, both of which were not having a crushing impact on game play. ADP is busted in expanded, but no ban, yet these fringe cards get banned... bogus.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I will miss Bellelba & Brycen-Man, but I think I understand why it was banned.

Mismagius, however, seems to be a scapegoat. The problem, as has often been the case, are cards like Reset Stamp. At least, with my limited information, that seems to be the case.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Let us be honest, the only reason either of these cards were banned was because they are tech's to combat the new broken pokemon Eternatus.

Bellelba & Bryceman reduces the bench size and takes away the power of Eternatus. Mismagius allows you to be down a prize card and activate Karate belt. Both of these are viable strategies to combat the power of Eternatus.

Sorry, but I feel this is a blatant money move. To keep demand high, and their chase attacker viable, they had to ban these cards, both of which were not having a crushing impact on game play. ADP is busted in expanded, but no ban, yet these fringe cards get banned... bogus.
1. Adp isnt super broken in expanded
2. These are legitimately toxic cards, if they were banning eternatus counters they would ban zamazenta v as well, and probably karate belt over mismag

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Please explain how Mismagius is toxic. In standard it hasn't made much of an impact. It was clutch in Naganadel and Guzzlord, but this was never a significant deck. Standard does not have the capability to pull off the combos that Mismagius was part of in expanded.

Yes, I will concede to the fact that Bellelba and Bryceman is toxic, but cincinno mill has been around for a while, and no bans UNTIL Eternatus is released.... hmmmmm a little fishy.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm just here for the new art, which looks stunning! Especially love Brycen and Sabrina practicing their lines haha

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Please explain how Mismagius is toxic. In standard it hasn't made much of an impact. It was clutch in Naganadel and Guzzlord, but this was never a significant deck. Standard does not have the capability to pull off the combos that Mismagius was part of in expanded.

Yes, I will concede to the fact that Bellelba and Bryceman is toxic, but cincinno mill has been around for a while, and no bans UNTIL Eternatus is released.... hmmmmm a little fishy.
For mismagius... read the article. Its stamp combos, which are better with crobat v as added draw support

Also remember that they’re reprinting them with an errata, so the mill effect will probably get nerfed but the anti eternatus effect might stay

PKMNclassic

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

I dont need Eternatus, I have mega ray, the real god

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Also remember that they’re reprinting them with an errata, so the mill effect will probably get nerfed but the anti eternatus effect might stay
But while we wait for a reprint the entire card is banned, and by the time it's released Eternatus won't be the chase. The timing is suspicious, and benefits their bottom line.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
But while we wait for a reprint the entire card is banned, and by the time it's released Eternatus won't be the chase. The timing is suspicious, and benefits their bottom line.
It's probably less to do with the ban being Eternatus-related and more to do with TCG's suspect testing happening in a quarterly cycle (or moving into one to adjust for the lack of tournaments due to the pandemic).

Clam

Almost decent
Well at least they are remaking them instead of just banning them outright although I don't know if they still would have banned these cards if for some reason they could not reprint them.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper

If this was the case, why make Eternatus a promo? It's clear these were banned for being actually unfair cards

I do wonder how they'll update the cards. For Mismagius they can make it once per turn, however you can still pop 2 by turn 2, into a stamp plus double J&J so that wouldn't fix a combo

Last edited:

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
it will be in october (the reprints), why wouldnt eternatus be the chase then?

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Farewell Bellelba. Its been a wild ride ;~;

Mismagius can remain gone.