August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I'm wondering why they made staff version of the cards if no event will occour. Or there some place on the planet that the pre release event is now ok?

My local shop is running pre-releases again. They just have extra rules in places.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
If only Kangaskhan had been changed for Milotic. I thought Milotic would definitely be a promo.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Guys,Decidueye description is from Pokèmon Sword,but that description was never released in the games.I tought they chose USUM descriptions for him.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Mew-V?
Whoops, just realized I posted an earlier draft of the list that accidentally omitted Mew V and included Zygarde! We fixed it before publishing but I had so many tabs open I posted the wrong version of the story. The list is fixed now!

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Sure zard rr could be in set or it could not be. But to make a statement saying it was never going to be in set. Do u work for pokemon? Insider info?. I don't think anyone has opened a pack. We dont even know how many cards are in set yet after sr.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Sure zard rr could be in set or it could not be. But to make a statement saying it was never going to be in set. Do u work for pokemon? Insider info?. I don't think anyone has opened a pack. We dont even know how many cards are in set yet after sr.
You just gotta look at trends to see we won't get it. We never got the Mewtwo FA/SR, nor the Zekrom FA/SR nor masked royal FA

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I was shown the cards, hence this news story, the English Trainer names, the English card text, etc. :)

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Thats breakimg street date also. Hope they not adverting and pokemon doesn't find out
its not breaking street date since build and battle kits are specifically marketed as an early release product. Obtainable from Hobby Stores and League outlets that would have normally held events. They can still request their stock, hence the inclusion of staff cards.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
So Darkness Ablaze has 1 less V than previously announced and Rebel Clash had 1 more?
Darkness Ablaze has the correct number of V-cards (14) as stated in official announcements (1. Butterfree, 2. Charizard, 3. Houndoom, 4. Centiskorch, 5. Vikavolt, 6. Mew, 7. Rhyperior, 8. Galarian Slowbro, 9. Crobat, 10. Grimssnarl, 11. Eternatus, 12. Scizor, 13. Galarian Stunfisk and 14. Salamence) :)

@Gameguard any errors that are in the lists are usually my fault! WPM and I usually work off a speculative set list that I make, and once he starts getting pics or stuff starts to leak, we work from there (for example it was me who forgot to add the Mew V). Like @The Almighty Bidoof said, we have previously never gotten the FA and RR Zekrom GX, Mewtwo GX and the FA Masked Royal, so it seems very unlikely that we'll be getting the FA Charizard V and RR Charizard VMAX in English. Furthermore the Japanese versions of those cards were given out in few quantities, as they were given as prizes in Japanese tournaments, which is probably why they weren't ever released in English.

Even if they were to release the Zards, it would be likely that they'd make 'em promo cards, like they've done with previous special Charizard cards :)