Lucario V from 'V Starter Decks' Revealed, Hints of the Other Eight Pokemon V!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I think the problem is that it’s Buzzwole without the support. No beast ring/no diancie prisim/beast energy means that it’s not gonna be hitting nearly as hard as buzzwole ever did, even with the slight buff in damage to it’s attacks
No Strong Energy or Max Elixir either

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Good lord, Wailord’s massive. Eevee looks decent to me, Boss’s Orders + Eevee’s attack = 1 dead Dedenne GX/Crobat V, and it can fit into different decks. I like Incineroar, good damage and acceleration. Duraludon also looks pretty nice, Metal has lots of tools to work with. Altaria is Decidueye for non-Grass decks.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I think the problem is that it’s Buzzwole without the support. No beast ring/no diancie prisim/beast energy means that it’s not gonna be hitting nearly as hard as buzzwole ever did, even with the slight buff in damage to it’s attacks
Its Buzzwole but worse

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Good lord, Wailord’s massive. Eevee looks decent to me, Boss’s Orders + Eevee’s attack = 1 dead Dedenne GX/Crobat V, and it can fit into different decks. I like Incineroar, good damage and acceleration. Duraludon also looks pretty nice, Metal has lots of tools to work with. Altaria is Decidueye for non-Grass decks.

3 energy though? Can't use triple acceloration or twin energy ... Only way to get it powered quickly would be Welder.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
What a surprise, half of them are shillmons.
I'm always surprised when Wailord gets a deck like this – ostensibly it's because his HP is always a new high record, but 280 isn't it this time. There's a lot of other marketable water Pokémon.. again, a surprise.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I'm always surprised when Wailord gets a deck like this – ostensibly it's because his HP is always a new high record, but 280 isn't it this time. There's a lot of other marketable water Pokémon.. again, a surprise.

280 is definitely the record for 2-prize basics at the moment.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
It's not just retreating G.Slowpoke but moving it to the active. Every time you need to poison you need to move G.Slowpoke from bench to the active and then retreat it so you can attack with Toxitricity VMAX. A single Air Balloon alone doesn't cover that you need to also run switch cards which means that G.Slowpoke is more investment then Garbador for the same result. And setting up up a stage 1 may not be as easy as a basic but it certainly isn't hard with all the Pokemon search out there I mean Toxitricity decks can do it right now without issue and it will get easier with new cards like Piers
It doesn't matter now that we know it has a 3 retreat cost, but making Switch = Poison is much better than running a stage one line that you have to rely on getting out. Just try testing Toxitricity. The main problem is getting the right Pokémon in your hand at the right time.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
So while others may discuss these cards' competitive viability, I'll take this opportunity to point out that this is the first ever female Venusaur in the tcg! The seed at the top gives it away. I was talking about this a few days ago w/ someone wondering why there wasn't a male Indeedee card yet, and brought up female Venusaur as counterexample. Great! That's one more gender difference mon to check off as having both forms in the tcg. Here's hoping for a female Heracross next.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
So while others may discuss these cards' competitive viability, I'll take this opportunity to point out that this is the first ever female Venusaur in the tcg! The seed at the top gives it away. I was talking about this a few days ago w/ someone wondering why there wasn't a male Indeedee card yet, and brought up female Venusaur as counterexample. Great! That's one more gender difference mon to check off as having both forms in the tcg. Here's hoping for a female Heracross next.
You can tell what's up there? just looks like lens flare

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Or you can wait a little while later for a higher quality image.

...A thought just occurred to me, but you know you can click on these images here to expand them, right?
Yes I did that. It just looks like sunlight and nothing else