August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
When Rebel Clash was announced they only mentioned a certain amount of V cards yet Pincurchin and Eiscue snuck their way into the set so I don’t think anything will be cut.

Hmm, thoughts on that though could be that Esicue and Pinchurchin were promos added on, this requires 4 v's, 2 VMAX and some FA's to be missing, it's a big oversight on their part basically if you're right?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I see no mention of Eternatus VMAX on the site's description...

Maybe Eternatus V is in this set, while its VMAX is one of the cut VMAXes...

^ If true, then unless I'm wrong, the prospects of Eternatus VMAX alongside Weavile GX & G&Z TTGX taking ADP/Zacian out of the picture immediately come 2020-21's fall season will look like a pipe dream, and those wanting to take ADP/Zacian out will be forced to go with someone else... But probably not Charizard VMAX--ADP/Zacian could use Milotic V + Galar Mine to counter it, and since Welder cannot be followed by a Rose w/o Surge, after all legitimate non-turn hand energy attachments(energy attachments that are forced by said Welder/Bede/Rose/Other 1-energy-per-turn-rule skirt enablers) are used, unless the missing energy(after the turn attachment makes the missing energy 1-2 in terms of the energy amount Zard still needs for the 300 damage) comes from the discard & Coalossal's Ability, 'Zard could be stopped by Water energy attachment to Milotic V plus 2 metal saucers(metal energy in discard to Zacian V) plus two energy switches to move the metals from the saucer to milotic V. If Zacian player goes first, they will have two opportunities to get 1 water plus two of any energy attached to milotic v to ensure that after their Mine is put down, such Fire can't stop the metal, even without a Pan, so the Fire will have to look for a Type B... :(

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
I see no mention of Eternatus VMAX on the site's description...

Maybe Eternatus V is in this set, while its VMAX is one of the cut VMAXes...

^ If true, then unless I'm wrong, the prospects of Eternatus VMAX alongside Weavile GX & G&Z TTGX taking ADP/Zacian out of the picture immediately come 2020-21's fall season will look like a pipe dream, and those wanting to take ADP/Zacian out will be forced to go with someone else... But probably not Charizard VMAX--ADP/Zacian could use Milotic V + Galar Mine to counter it, and since Welder cannot be followed by a Rose w/o Surge, after all legitimate non-turn hand energy attachments(energy attachments that are forced by said Welder/Bede/Rose/Other 1-energy-per-turn-rule skirt enablers) are used, unless the missing energy(after the turn attachment makes the missing energy 1-2 in terms of the energy amount Zard still needs for the 300 damage) comes from the discard & Coalossal's Ability, 'Zard could be stopped by Water energy attachment to Milotic V plus 2 metal saucers(metal energy in discard to Zacian V) plus two energy switches to move the metals from the saucer to milotic V. If Zacian player goes first, they will have two opportunities to get 1 water plus two of any energy attached to milotic v to ensure that after their Mine is put down, such Fire can't stop the metal, even without a Pan, so the Fire will have to look for a Type B... :(
I think Eternatus Vmax is confirmed, one of the pack arts is of it

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I'm going to say Drednaw is that last VMAX that will be in the set, whilst Scizor and Gardevoir get relegated to the November set.
I do wonder which Full Art will get shoved into a side product though.

EDIT: Actually, I can see Gardevoir being the final VMAX in the set and them removing Gardevoir V's Full Art to put in a side product as a selling point.

Last edited:

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to say Drednaw is that last VMAX that will be in the set, whilst Scizor and Gardevoir get relegated to the November set.
I do wonder which Full Art will get shoved into a side product though.

EDIT: I can see Gardevoir being the final VMAX in the set and them removing Gardevoir V's Full Art to put in a side product as a selling point.
Yeah, I think they’ll include all the exposing walker cards, and save some of the infinity zone cards for November.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
No one needs binders?

No one needs these flashy crap quality built binders. For years I preferred 4 XL Dectutor Binder or Legion binders. Those binders have a hard solid cover that will prevent in the long run for cards to bend a little bit. Pocket sockets in those sheets are solid that they don't move or fall out even if you do the Harlem shake with those sheets. But yea the price for these binders is on the premium side but you know since I have built collection I prefer to invest more to make sure my cards have a secure place to hold and also this binder to express your cards way better than these ultra pros.

But these Ultra pro binders, the print design looks awesome but that the only positive thing I can mention since Pocket sheets are quite loose and the cover is just meh too soft, for Walfart it really meets the quality.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of weird that Fairy and Dragon Energy symbols are on the spine when the two types have been phased out in SWSH.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I've actually wanted to start collecting these because for some reason it's impossible to get good quality binders for a decent price in my area. In fact, I can't even get these binders for any reasonable price.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Well if you dont like it dont buy it

“GRRR This product doesnt appeal to me im gonna leave an angry comment on pokebeach.com GRRR!”

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Arctozolt will be the best for prereleases but decidueye is best from a competitive point of view.