August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

The Fish

0.o
That ETB looks sooooooo nice. The linework on Eternatus' spine is absolutely gorgeous and the colours go really well. It's definitely more detailed than the usual ETB.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
17 Trainer cards and four full-art Supporter cards

So likely Bird Keeper won't get a FA, can't see them skipping Rose and Piers.

Not sure why they're doing any of this tbh, we've had set swith 10 FA trainers, what's 5? Why cut 4 v's/2 VMAX ...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
17 Trainer cards and four full-art Supporter cards

So likely Bird Keeper won't get a FA, can't see them skipping Rose and Piers.

Not sure why they're doing any of this tbh, we've had set swith 10 FA trainers, what's 5? Why cut 4 v's/2 VMAX ...
It's the same case as with Dan. The important characters are getting FA cards. If anything I'd expected the Hop FA promo or the Pokemon Center Nurse FA promo to be in the set, but I could see them released in the special September or in our November set.

Of note, the Theme Deck Galarian Darmanitan and Sirfetch'd could be from the same set as Mew and Galarian Slowbro!

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
It's the same case as with Dan. The important characters are getting FA cards. If anything I'd expected the Hop FA promo or the Pokemon Center Nurse FA promo to be in the set, but I could see them released in the special September or in our November set.

Of note, the Theme Deck Galarian Darmanitan and Sirfetch'd could be from the same set as Mew and Galarian Slowbro!

We know Kabu and Pokemon Breeder (not exactly important) have FA's and we'll get those. The Japanese FA's haven't been anounced for Infinity Zone, so those will be Piers and Rose likely, which means we'll get them.

Any promos will be in another set I think.

That said they're ommiting V's and VMAX's in favour of random unreleased V's and promos .... so who knows anymore!!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
We know Kabu and Pokemon Breeder (not exactly important) have FA's and we'll get those. The Japanese FA's haven't been anounced for Infinity Zone, so those will be Piers and Rose likely, which means we'll get them.

Any promos will be in another set I think.
That's what I meant too haha :p

@FireLizard It's mentioned here!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I can see the non-Galar V pokemon getting cut, but Crobat being added to a special set would be nothing short of scummy. Here expecting they don't do that and leave it so people that want to play Dark Box may do so immediately after rotation...

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I can see the non-Galar V pokemon getting cut, but Crobat being added to a special set would be nothing short of scummy. Here expecting they don't do that and leave it so people that want to play Dark Box may do so immediately after rotation...

Did you read OP? Crobat is confirmed.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like the colors of this ETB. Kinda like the old Dragon Majesty one from 2018, except with red. Still a shame that the dice are so bland now, I'd still be buying ETBs if they kept the old style with the pips and the set symbols and the cool marbling and whatnot (Yes, I'm that petty about these dice).

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
the only products i really buy these days are etbs

i have a funny dice addiction, and the boxes look nice. i have a whole stack of the boxes in a room. also yeah i miss the old dice, but its necessary to keep up with the big damage in this current format

Scoop

Literally a sheep
the only products i really buy these days are etbs

i have a funny dice addiction, and the boxes look nice. i have a whole stack of the boxes in a room. also yeah i miss the old dice, but its necessary to keep up with the big damage in this current format
I don't really buy any products anymore besides a fringe impulse buy I think. I mainly go singles but even then that's kinda slowed down lately.

And same, I've got like 20something stacked all on my shelf, ranging all the way from Plasma Blast to Cosmic Eclipse, actually. I only missed a handful of them in my time. I liked that the old dice were actually useful in more than just Pokemon, because that's why I liked them, both for aesthetics and for the fact that I could actually use them. The numbers have no real appeal to me and I get why they did it to keep up with damage, but they could have maybe just added more dice or something? Not sure how they could really compromise here.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
yeah

i have all swsh ones (not saying much lol) and all the sun and moon ones, i think. oh yeah i dont have the unm one or the zacian one or the dusk mane one

Scoop

Literally a sheep
yeah

i have all swsh ones (not saying much lol) and all the sun and moon ones, i think. oh yeah i dont have the unm one or the zacian one or the dusk mane one
I'm missing uhh..

Plasma Storm, Phantom Forces, Mega Mewtwo X BKT, Steam Siege, both EVO, both Sun and Moon, CRI, Dawn Wings, and all the Sword and Shield ones. Plus Generations and Hidden Fates but I sure did try with the HF ones, lol. I'm probably not going to get any more until I find some of the newer ones on sale, which is what I used to do when I was more actively buying them. $30 is a much better deal than 40 imo.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
9 FA Pokemon V doesn't make sense either ...

It's unlikely Mew and Slowbro will get a FA, and we know Charizard and Grimmsnarrl won't. These 4 v's are in our set confirmed, that means we have 10 more V's, but only 9 FA's ...

Perhaps we'll have another unannounced V and there will be 5 V's ommited!

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
I kinda hope Rhyperior V get some cut. Seems like a pointless V to me (no offense The Rhyperior).

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
My guess is Gardevoir and Scizor got pushed back to the holiday set and a full art from 1 of the remaining V got pulled out to be sold in a product. I think then the numbers add up. Galarian Slowbro V probably originates from a promo to coincide with Isle of Armor. Mew V is perhaps a (cancelled?) Gym promo?

masqueraingoddess

I have a new deck idea everyday
When Rebel Clash was announced they only mentioned a certain amount of V cards yet Pincurchin and Eiscue snuck their way into the set so I don’t think anything will be cut.