'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Babywinds

Aspiring Trainer
Would that tool affect Jirachi Prism Star or would Jirachi's Ability override the tool's effect?
Jirachi Prism Star says "before putting it into your hand", but it is not going to your hand, thus you discard it (and send it to the Lost Zone immediately)..
Its like the old Vanilluxe but better because its an ability and with the new stadium your chances of not getting paralysis are 25% before you switch and stuff. This could be very good if someone figures out the perfect deck for it. Also rip 2011 format. Before massive basics were a thing.
I think the new stadium applies to attacks only, but if it can affect abilities, that's really interesting!

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Jirachi Prism Star says "before putting it into your hand", but it is not going to your hand, thus you discard it (and send it to the Lost Zone immediately)..

I think the new stadium applies to attacks only, but if it can affect abilities, that's really interesting!
Correct onlly applies to attacks

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Vanilluxe is a really good stage 2, since paralysis is the strongest condition for a reason.

Unfortunately, Switch is a 4x of in the current format, which means the only value you are getting out of it is your opponent wasting an additional switch card. Maybe when ADP rotates out, and the opponent doesn't need to take 3 KOs which means they will burn out their Switches without winning? Eh, even then I doubt it, cards like Ultra Necrozma-GX could be printed once again, and depending on the format, Galarian Rapidash may become a staple.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Er... What?!? Shock-Lock will be alive again in standard!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

YES!!!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm that's awkward. We know Galarian Darmanitan is in our English set but there's no room for it here thanks to Vanilluxe's reveal. We'll find out soon in a few hours I guess.

Last edited:

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm that's awkward. We know Galarian Darmanitan is in our English set but there's no room for it here thanks to Vanilluxe's reveal. We'll find out soon in a few hours I guess.

How did you come to that conclusion? Could be 24/25 or 28 to 33.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
From that, we now know that Vanillite and it's evolved form Vanillish will also be in this set.
14: Simisear
15:
16:
17: Relicanth
18: Panpour
19: Simipour
20:
21: Vanillite
22: Vanillish
23: Vanilluxe
24:
25:
26: Dreadnaw V
27: Dreadnaw VMAX

Am I missing something here?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Not bad at all.

Why does it say it evolves from Drumstick? I think it should be Vanillish
WPM happens to have a sense of humor when it comes to card reveals. He's called DCE "chicken nuggets" and Skrelp/Dragalge discount versions of Horsea/Seadra.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Am I missing something here?

Yes, Pokémon are listed by their dex number. Galarian Darumaka/Darmanitan share the same dex number as their Unova counterparts and therefore would be listed before the Vanillite line. It's possible they could have screwed up though, wouldn't be the first time. If it does take spots 24 & 25 where would that leave the Zen Mode version? I guess it could be Fire type using Water/Colorless attack costs, or maybe it was on the deck for flavor purposes only (doesn't seem likely imo though).

Who knows, maybe they're not even in this set and we could be getting never-before-seen cards like Zacian and Zamazenta were last set.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, Pokémon are listed by their dex number. Galarian Darumaka/Darmanitan share the same dex number as their Unova counterparts and therefore would be listed before the Vanillite line. It's possible they could have screwed up though, wouldn't be the first time. If it does take spots 24 & 25 where would that leave the Zen Mode version? I guess it could be Fire type using Water/Colorless attack costs, or maybe it was on the deck for flavor purposes only (doesn't seem likely imo though).

Who knows, maybe they're not even in this set and we could be getting never-before-seen cards like Zacian and Zamazenta were last set.

I had nooo idea that was a thing! The set is leaking on twitter right now so we'll know for sure soon enough.