Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Still waiting for GM Drac for answering. Right now my vote goes to him. He is posting for the sake of projecting thoughts but they are clearly not his real thoughts as they are contradicted by the logic of the things he says.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I think you’re town and scattered is cop. The remaining 2 are mafia.
I think scattered is insane cop as you’re town and so am I.
With ephermia being town this means we can only have 2 town left and with jade being cop we must have 1 cop left assuming you weren’t targeted this would make jade the sane cop.
With this conclusion shaymin and drac have to be mafia.
Why am I town? What is leading you to think this? What about my posting is non-scummy?
Why did you vote Ephe yesterday? How do you formulate your suspicions? What is your thought process as town?
I get absolutely nothing from these short answers. Show me your internal thought process.
Still waiting for GM Drac for answering. Right now my vote goes to him. He is posting for the sake of projecting thoughts but they are clearly not his real thoughts as they are contradicted by the logic of the things he says.
Where exactly are you referring to? Is it the weird cop thing? Because Drac is infamously bad at cop probabilities judging from Bastard Mafia.

@scattered mind Would you mind giving me assistance with a Drac meta dive by trying quote all posts where he votes his buddies as scum in the odd numbered games in the past couple of years? I'll look at even numbered ones.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
DO you believe SM's result might be wrong? I belive 75% chance the result is correct what's ur %?

- NinjaPenguin - You're the main driving force of this game, with your amount of contribution i can be 99% certain you're aligned with town. it's hard to fathom you would put this much effort if you were scum in this small setup, not many mind game could be played.

@NinjaPenguin

NinjaPenguin

Yeah that was the post I was referring to. I just chalked it up to Drac being super weird with probabilities lol.
I don't see obvious contradictions like that as a scummy thing since why would scum Drac not notice that and change it? Feels more NAI than anything to me.

The only even numbered game I could find where Drac was scum in the last ten games was Mafia 50 and he didn't vote a buddy. Will prob go back another couple of years but meta will get less and less accurate as time goes on.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Yeah that was the post I was referring to. I just chalked it up to Drac being super weird with probabilities lol.
I don't see obvious contradictions like that as a scummy thing since why would scum Drac not notice that and change it? Feels more NAI than anything to me.

The only even numbered game I could find where Drac was scum in the last ten games was Mafia 50 and he didn't vote a buddy. Will prob go back another couple of years but meta will get less and less accurate as time goes on.

If we go by meta - I guess GM drac as scum is more open to collaborating while GM drac as town is less willing to trust others, and will vote whoever he believes is scum regardless of the majority vote - but it's a different case here since we are in lylo

NinjaPenguin

If we go by meta - I guess GM drac as scum is more open to collaborating while GM drac as town is less willing to trust others, and will vote whoever he believes is scum regardless of the majority vote - but it's a different case here since we are in lylo
I was looking more for Drac's voting scumbuddies meta. He placed down two very different votes on TLS and Piplup and I want to see which one (if any) is how he votes his fellow scum.
Went all the way back to Mafia 30 and Drac was only scum in one more even numbered game and also never voted a buddy. Time for odd numbered games I guess.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

I'm bad at analyzing. Unlike previous game this time around I really only have time to read the post at nights (previously I was still able to read during the day althought not posting, I atleast get to digest more post). The limited time and small game meaning we reach the end nearer make it worst for me.

I was looking more for Drac's voting scumbuddies meta. He placed down two very different votes on TLS and Piplup and I want to see which one (if any) is how he votes his fellow scum.
Went all the way back to Mafia 30 and Drac was only scum in one more even numbered game and also never voted a buddy. Time for odd numbered games I guess.

If it help, I do list all the game I played in my signature (missing just the recent one that I played). I myself don't remember my voting pattern, my thinking might differ a bit from being a student and full time working.

NinjaPenguin

I looked all the way back to Mafia 30 in odd numbered games too and there still has not been a single time Drac has ever voted a scumbuddy that I could find besides in the RVS stage in ~5 scum games.
The closest thing I could find to self meta was a time he said he'd full-on bus only if it got him a lot of towncred and he definitely wouldn't have with that Piplup vote.

I'm very comfortable in my Piplup/Drac not scumbuddies read now which means TLS should be confirmed scum.
I also feel like Drac/TLS shouldn't be aligned but I also sorta feel that way about Piplup/TLS ugh.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I looked all the way back to Mafia 30 in odd numbered games too and there still has not been a single time Drac has ever voted a scumbuddy that I could find besides in the RVS stage in ~5 scum games.
The closest thing I could find to self meta was a time he said he'd full-on bus only if it got him a lot of towncred and he definitely wouldn't have with that Piplup vote.

I'm very comfortable in my Piplup/Drac not scumbuddies read now which means TLS should be confirmed scum.
I also feel like Drac/TLS shouldn't be aligned but I also sorta feel that way about Piplup/TLS ugh.

That's really an establish triangle.. Unless you are the one partner with either Piplup or TLS..... That's conclusion seem like me overeaching..

Since we can't misslynch, I'm quite certain I can't go wrong voting either Piplup or TLS/

NinjaPenguin

I'm not quite sure what you're saying Drac but the issue for me is that there needs to be one pairing in that triangle that is both scum but it feels like every pairing has some piece of evidence that I see and it feels less likely to me. Piplup/You being unaligned is something I'm most confident in after reading your voting pattern as scum, but the other two I keep going back and forth on because your vote on TLS and TLS's vote on Piplup both read as things that normally scumbuddies don't do yet one of them has to be between scumbuddies and none of you have made posts that feel very AI on your own besides TLS's awful hammer.
TLS should always be scum here but I'm still clueless on which one of you two is the other one and that scares me because there's a very good chance I end up in F3 and my choice ends up determining if we win or lose the game.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I guess that I am the obvious vote for today. This is an odd situation, because its lylo. It makes sense to vote me out because you guys are sure that i'm scum.

what am i supposed to do in this situation?

NinjaPenguin

I guess that I am the obvious vote for today. This is an odd situation, because its lylo. It makes sense to vote me out because you guys are sure that i'm scum.

what am i supposed to do in this situation?
If you're town you need to show you're town by putting in geuine effort to solve and/or push someone else and show us why they're scum.
Maybe the first step could be answering every single one of my questions and clearly articulating your thought process instead of dodging them.

Also, can you elaborate a bit more on "It makes sense to vote me out because you guys are sure that i'm scum"?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
@The Last Shaymin Why did you choose not to vote Piplup and flip onto Ephe? Were you aware that your vote was the hammer?
I was not aware that my vote was the hammer. I did it because... i honestly dont know, i was kind of dumb. I guess that i thought that ephe was scum or something?

@The Last Shaymin Along with answers my earlier questions, please take me through your read progression yesterday.
Ok, so yesterday i saw that you immediately took control of the game, which means that you are either definitely scum or definitely town, but you are landing on definitely town for me. Scattered and Jade both claimed cop, so those were easily townpeople. The only ones left were aqua, ephe, and drac. I didn't really know how to classify these guys as they didn't post nearly as much as the first three, but i thought ephe was scum, because that is why i did that terrible hammer. I think that I thought that aqua was town, so i didnt want to vote him out.

If you're town you need to show you're town by putting in geuine effort to solve and/or push someone else and show us why they're scum.
Maybe the first step could be answering every single one of my questions and clearly articulating your thought process instead of dodging them.

Also, can you elaborate a bit more on "It makes sense to vote me out because you guys are sure that i'm scum"?
oh man i did it again. I did this in my first mafia game, and i was a complete idiot and it just happened 40 minutes ago again. i dont know what to say about myself other than that i was dumb lol

ok so this leaves out that aqua and drac are teammates, but as you guys said above that this is definitely not aqua + drac behavior so it makes me wonder if NP is scum? i mean, what if? its probably not true though.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Why am I town? What is leading you to think this? What about my posting is non-scummy?
Why did you vote Ephe yesterday? How do you formulate your suspicions? What is your thought process as town?
I get absolutely nothing from these short answers. Show me your internal thought process.
/QUOTE]
I used to think you could’ve been scum however you were seen as scum by scattered I believe that either scattered is insane cop or framer has gotten really lucky.
I voted ephe because scattered said I should and I saw that as reasonable.
What do you mean?

NinjaPenguin

@The Last Shaymin You said in your post when you voted you thought Piplup wasn't scum and Ephe might be. I don't care what you think; I care why you think it. What about Piplup made you think they're town and what about Ephe made you think they might be scum? Was it something they said? Was it something we said?
Give me some definite thoughts. Drac-Piplup interactions don't look partner-y to me either. If one was teamed with me, who would it be and why? If they were teamed, why did Drac not vote Ephe there?
What do you mean by "oh man i did it again. I did this in my first mafia game, and i was a complete idiot and it just happened 40 minutes ago again. i dont know what to say about myself other than that i was dumb lol"? What was dumb about what you said? I didn't think what you said was dumb, I wanted to hear more about the mindset it came from. (I'm also curious now so can you link me to your first game?)

Piplup, stop saying these concrete statements. Tell me why. Why did you use to think I could be scum? Why did you see an Ephe vote as reasonable? If you're town you have an internal thought process of what you see as townie/scummy and I'm never going to find you if I can't see your internal monologue transferred to the page.
Ask me a question you think would help you improve your understanding of the game or my alignment. Maybe then you'll see why I'm asking mine.

NinjaPenguin

Status
Not open for further replies.