Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Notice: Some PMs may have altered content due to the bots thinking it was spam.

(Then again, I'm pretty sure you guys just broke General Rule #6...)
Yeah Id wondered that, but you hadn’t said anything so I wasn’t sure..

Well regardless this probably isn’t the thing to go off of rn, I’ll look around the thread more I no little while.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
7 Players... Alright, let's hold a vote.

Do you want a re-rand or do you want to continue by literally ignoring any matter about Role PMs?

(Note that if you vote to continue, but I see that you keep talking about Role PMs, I will re-rand the game by force.)

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
7 Players... Alright, let's hold a vote.

Do you want a re-rand or do you want to continue by literally ignoring any matter about Role PMs?

(Note that if you vote to continue, but I see that you keep talking about Role PMs, I will re-rand the game by force.)

Continue

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Voting to continue.
Sorry for not posting until now, but I didn't want to comment at all because I realized posting role PMs was a huge game integrity issue and didn't want to speak until Zone resolved it.

Zone Q11

For the record, this vote doesn't pause the game. The deadline is still about 2 days from now.

NinjaPenguin

Jade's town unless Drac claims cop so I'm going to:
##UNVOTE: Jade
##VOTE: Ephemera

Ephe's tone this game has felt off to me. They just don't speak like they normally do. Case in point is this post:
Turning in for the night, will think about the VT claims. Hoping Drac's claim comes soon!
I don't know how to describe it, but this post just doesn't look like Ephe thinks? There's something artificial feeling about they way their speaking and I can't put my finger on it.
@Jadethepokemontrainer You know Ephe best of the other people here; do you get what I'm talking about?

Refraining to comment on claims further until Drac claims.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I don't know how to describe it, but this post just doesn't look like Ephe thinks? There's something artificial feeling about they way their speaking and I can't put my finger on it.
@Jadethepokemontrainer You know Ephe best of the other people here; do you get what I'm talking about?
Hmm good point. I hadn't paid too much attention to it before, but I can kind of see what you're saying also he said he was going to bed but didn't. Though, I have never played Mafia with Ephe before, so I don't know his playstyle all that well. I'll go ahead and look through his other posts in a little while however and see if I notice anything.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Jade's town unless Drac claims cop so I'm going to:
##UNVOTE: Jade
##VOTE: Ephemera

Ephe's tone this game has felt off to me. They just don't speak like they normally do. Case in point is this post:

Refraining to comment on claims further until Drac claims.

Actually kinda true – I was speaking weirdly, but that was because I didn't want to touch on the Role PMs issue, and forced myself to forget it.
Right now I'd wait for Drac's claim before placing a vote.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Oh yeah – about the vote to continue or re-rand: I'm fine with either, but if Zone feels like the game might play out better with a re-rand, I think he should go for it.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Sorry today was a hectic day at the office just got back, unfortunately or fortunately im just a normal townie

NinjaPenguin

Actually kinda true – I was speaking weirdly, but that was because I didn't want to touch on the Role PMs issue, and forced myself to forget it.
Right now I'd wait for Drac's claim before placing a vote.
Now that all the claims are in, let's talk about some stuff:
Did you know the identity of one or both cops before the claims?
What's the optimal strategy for scum to take in a massclaim and why?

@Ephemera @GM DracLord @The Last Shaymin @TheAquaPiplup
We have two clears. Town gets three lynches. That means that as long as two townies are able to find eachother and don't lynch eachother, the other three can be lynched and we'll win the game. It doesn't even matter which two of the other three are scum and which one is townie.
I need you guys to post your thoughts, try your best to make reads and just say what comes to your mind and try your hardest to help us win the game. Don't hold back for fear of being wrong, just post your thoughts and allow me to see your mindset. I'm trying my best to find some other townie I can have confidence in but three of you have barely posted any content.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Now that all the claims are in, let's talk about some stuff:
Did you know the identity of one or both cops before the claims?
What's the optimal strategy for scum to take in a massclaim and why?

@Ephemera @GM DracLord @The Last Shaymin @TheAquaPiplup
We have two clears. Town gets three lynches. That means that as long as two townies are able to find eachother and don't lynch eachother, the other three can be lynched and we'll win the game. It doesn't even matter which two of the other three are scum and which one is townie.
I need you guys to post your thoughts, try your best to make reads and just say what comes to your mind and try your hardest to help us win the game. Don't hold back for fear of being wrong, just post your thoughts and allow me to see your mindset. I'm trying my best to find some other townie I can have confidence in but three of you have barely posted any content.

I mean, scattered was projecting cop a lot, so I figured he was either cop or scum aiming to claim cop. Since we only have 2 cop claims, it's definitely the former.
For the massclaim, I think scum gets better odds from what they just did – both claiming VT. Haven't checked the exact math, but if one claims cop while the other claims VT, it's really easy to find the scum among 3 cops, and if both scum claim cop, we get a 50/50 chance out of the 4 cop claims.

At this point I don't want to lynch NP – whether he's scum or town, he's driving town along and really helping. Actually, that probably means he's town :p
Hence I don't want to lynch NP.

Between TLS, Piplup, and Drac I'm more inclined to lynch the latter two. Since TLS is projecting confusion (likely genuine), I don't think TLS claims early VT. Of course, it's not for sure.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Edit:
Since TLS is projecting confusion (likely genuine), I don't think TLS claims early VT. Of course, it's not for sure.
What I meant was that I don't see scum!TLS claiming VT as early as he did. It's a weak read though.

NinjaPenguin

If you were to vote one of Piplup/Drac right now, which one would you choose and why?
To every player: your vote is your voice in this game. Scum can skate by incredibly easily if nobody is putting their money where their mouth is and casting a vote. There's absolutely no risk of a hammer right now, so place down a vote.

Zone Q11

Official Day 1 Vote Count
--- --- ---
1. TheAquaPiplup
2. NinjaPenguin - Ephemera
3. Ephemera
4. scattered mind
5. The Last Shaymin
6. Jadethepokemontrainer
7. GM Draclord
--- --- ---
Tally:
Ephemera - 1

Ephemera

just a little longer...
If you were to vote one of Piplup/Drac right now, which one would you choose and why?
To every player: your vote is your voice in this game. Scum can skate by incredibly easily if nobody is putting their money where their mouth is and casting a vote. There's absolutely no risk of a hammer right now, so place down a vote.

See, I don't know which would be better; neither of them have posted much. If I were to choose it would honestly be a coin flip, and that's not taking into account that my thoughts on TLS are conjecture at best.

Still, I do get your point on the vote, so... coin flip it is? I'll ##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup for now.
(didn't actually coin flip, but you get the idea)

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I’m fine with either massclaim or cop cover but massclaim would be hard to coordinate.

Aqua was much more verbal last game (was his first and he was town) This time he is a lot more reserved and choosing words carefully.
He also share only info that is majority agreed upon.

Problem is that it is only one post that I am analyzing and I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt and more time to post more. But if nothing changes and I can't find anyone else, my vote will go to you @TheAquaPiplup

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I think i also agree about the aquapiplup. Even though they both have almost no posts (me too), drac at least adds a little bit to the conversation.

this is, however, an extremely weak vote and i think that it could easily switch between the two.

##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

Status
Not open for further replies.