'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Wow that was quick!!! and wow what an amazing set of cards we are getting!!! idk what they do yet but they all look pretty amazing already

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Surprised they didn't go crazy with Eternatus's HP. I was expecting 350.

And Salamence V is such a tease. Bagon/Shelgon would've revealed the fate of Dragon types but Vs are Basic-only haha.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Guys.
Guys.
I'm screaming. Holy fudge you guys have no idea how LONG I've wanted this. Not just a new Crobat Ultra Rare, but so many of these arrworks are beautiful. On top of that, these are the first Crobat and Houndoom ultra rares since X and Y. Man....These sets are gonna be AMAZING.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Comparing the text of Eternatus to CEC Emboar, apparently it checks the top 8 cards from deck, then attaches (to itself? however you like?) all darkness energy you find.

Dark Box gonna be meta finally. Consistently hitting energies was always the main problem, BUT this solves it, without relying on terrible Red & Blue, Naganadel or Darkrai Prism + Scoop Up Net engines.

Comparing it with ZoroNinja, the attack is apparently the same, except without the added 30 - hit x30 for all darkness energy on field.

Last edited:

mattitup4238

Aspiring Trainer
Comparing the text of Eternatus to CEC Emboar, apparently it checks the top 8 cards from deck, then attaches (to itself? however you like?) all darkness energy you find.

Dark Box gonna be meta finally. Consistently hitting energies was always the main problem, BUT this solves it, without relying on terrible Red & Blue, Naganadel or Darkrai Prism + Scoop Up Net engines.

I think (??) it increases your bench size to 8 and it goes back to 5 if the ability gets disabled

Komaferrer

Aspiring Trainer

Comparing it with ZoroNinja, the attack is apparently the same, except without the added 30 - hit x30 for all darkness energy on field.
Translating it from what I can see it’s “As long as you only have Dark Pokémon on the field, your bench space is increased from 5 to 8, and this ability is disabled if any non dark types are present

the attack is 30x for each dark type in play (on your side of the field?)

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I think (??) it increases your bench size to 8 and it goes back to 5 if the ability gets disabled

Well, dang, I compared it to Sky Field (japanese print) and it appears to be the same. Sky Field for your own mons is crazy good, but... eeeeh. We're still missing the consistent energy load. At least now I won't be troubled by using Dedennes on my bench.

Jackrockstar

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like both chairman rose and the new stadium are nutty. Google translate says that Rose lets you attach 2 energies from your discard to your v max, but you then have to discard your hand, and the stadium lets you draw until they have 3 cards in hand once per turn

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I gotta say, I think the art on Eternatus VMAX is the first time I've ever considered the art on a Pokemon card just too much. I mean, I get what it is, but there's just so much going on and that form of Eternatus is already kinda just strange to where it doesn't feel appealing to me. It's like, I know what I'm looking at, but at the same time I have to ask, "What am I even looking at?"

But otherwise-I'm a pretty big fan of every regular Pokemon-V I'm seeing here. It's nice that even the CG ones from artists like 5ban have a lot of appeal to them too. Houndoom is gorgeous, Crobat is great (also hey first Ultra in 10 years welcome back!) But honestly? That Scizor takes the cake. That's easily the best Pokemon-V we've had yet, artwise.

EDIT oop i forgot crobat break was a thing aeeehhh that was a promo and Breaks are like half ultra rares anyways lmao

Last edited:

Nico Conway

Aspiring Trainer

the attack seems to be number of dark pokemon in play, as it doesnt have the character meaning energy which makes sense with your ability translation.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I was just thinking of ways to play Dedenne or consistency without disabling Eternatus, and here they gift me with this.

Yeah, it's dark turn to be meta baby.