Contest April [Fools'] 2020 CaC! (Stay Tuned for Results!)

Mora

Don't Panic
final answer

April-Ca-C.png

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Guys oh god oh no I just realized I uploaded a beta version of my rainbow rare card!! here is the real one
deepfried_1588219750435.png

I made sure it was upped in the quality department too now so please don't hate me for my mistake!!!!

EDIT Oh god oh no oh god I forgot the symbol hold up i gotta redo this!!!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ok this is it here we go!!!

deepfried_1588220036099.png

now it's in widescreen! Feel free to judge me based on any of my versions after all I tried really hard on all of them! :)))

Mime_Time_v2.png

EDIT I think I have become a master at this image-based faking thing over the month!!! I hope my superiors here at Pokebeach.com forums are proud of me thank you ALL for this journey I have gone on over this time!!

DoubleAACE

Professional Lurker
GLKsMga.png
EDIT: I realised that the world was not yet ready for the creativity levels in the original entry, so I toned it back to mre reasonable levels.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I should probably submit
April-Fools-2020-1-1.png

私はこれに多くの時間を費やしませんでしたが、すべてをしたと思います。

EDIT: うまくいけば、それは先月のカードよりも改善された。私の最初のエントリーだった:)

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
oh no
I did that in japanese
the weeb is overflowing Dx

Funnily enough, from my perspective this is already a day late. But you guys are living in the past, so I get to send this back in time! For once in its life, Internet Explorer is not running late.. surely you dock believability points for that right :p

April-Fools-2020-1-1.png

Just a clarification: the japanese on the card art is in fact part of the card art. The japanese on the bottom right corner is not.

I didn't spend much time on this, but I think I covered all the bases.

EDIT: Hopefully it's an improvement over last month's card, which was my first ever :)
EDIT 2: fixed an "accidentally" dead link.. aha...

Love from Future Man

Nyan

She/They
I have been alerted by the one and only @CardPone himself that my entry is invalid because it has no illustration credit. So I fixed that... 5 minutes before the deadline. And now I will submit it... 1 minute before the deadline to spite you, Pone.

Also, no spoiler this time

(And yes, before you ask, THIS IS MY OFFICIAL ENTRY.)

EDIT: Edited haha

Last edited:

Pone

Delta Species is best species
And that's a wrap, people! Stay tuned in about a month for the results!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This still applies right? I saw everybody reposting and started to wonder...
I think people (including myself) were just doing it to further make this thread a dumpster fire, or a masterpiece really, lol. I'm pretty sure it still applies.

Pone

This still applies right? I saw everybody reposting and started to wonder...
That is correct. You will only receive the 2-point penalty once, no matter how many times you edit or repost your entry.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
That is correct. You will only receive the 2-point penalty once, no matter how many times you edit or repost your entry.
Huh? I assumed you’d get the edit penalty once, AND the repost penalty once. If the ruling is that only one applies, that’s good to know though.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
@CardPone, sorry for asking but should I specify which version of my upload I want to be judged? Not that I really mind or anything since they're all kinda beautiful disasters in their own right but I just wanted to make sure to avoid any confusion.

Pone

@CardPone, sorry for asking but should I specify which version of my upload I want to be judged? Not that I really mind or anything since they're all kinda beautiful disasters in their own right but I just wanted to make sure to avoid any confusion.
For all entries that were posted multiple times, I'm assuming the most recent valid entry is the one we're going with (valid meaning it has illustrator credit and the CaC symbol), which in your case is the one below. If you'd like me to grade a different one, then you're free to ask me to. :)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
For all entries that were posted multiple times, I'm assuming the most recent valid entry is the one we're going with (valid meaning it has illustrator credit and the CaC symbol), which in your case is the one below. If you'd like me to grade a different one, then you're free to ask me to. :)

Honestly, I think that one was just a last-minute funny ha-ha born out of my tiredness, lol. As much as I feel that the nightmare that thing is would probably score me a perfect zero across the board, I think this one is the one I originally intended on going for the judging spot. It's the one I find most funny, and what my "vision" I guess you could call it, for this month's theme.

Mr_Mimie_Rainbow.png

Sorry for the mix-up though, and thanks for letting me specify. :)

Pone

Honestly, I think that one was just a last-minute funny ha-ha born out of my tiredness, lol. As much as I feel that the nightmare that thing is would probably score me a perfect zero across the board, I think this one is the one I originally intended on going for the judging spot. It's the one I find most funny, and what my "vision" I guess you could call it, for this month's theme.

Mr_Mimie_Rainbow.png

Sorry for the mix-up though, and thanks for letting me specify. :)
That's kind of a relief, haha. Being able to read the entry makes it nicer to judge. Still trying to figure out how to approach these. >>

Mora

Don't Panic
That's kind of a relief, haha. Being able to read the entry makes it nicer to judge. Still trying to figure out how to approach these. >>

Judge them like every other month and just be like "Wow this is horrible!!"