'VMAX Rising,' Japan's February Set!

AlphaTheKineticGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
I think part of what gets me about it is that the whole mechanic is just so unnecessary. It has the issue of being so strong that it makes any part of the (already easy) game that uses them even EASIER as you can just hit dynamax, and mash A to win. BESIDES the Gigamax forms, it's ridiculously boring in that it's "let's make the pokemon big" and then you win. It's not really inspired. Then you have the Gigantamax forms, which I love aesthetically, but... They could have just been Megas, which would further solidify the mechanic as a series staple, and also added some great designs to that cast, like the one Kingler has. It would have given a lot of Pokemon buffs that would have brought them back to the game, much as someone like Mawile or Sableye did. They don't change anything besides their form and a move, and after three turns, that's it.

I know it won't happen, but I would love if they kept doing Megas for the remake games. Like if DP's remake and BW got them, that'd be a really cool feature of that side of the core games. Of course, it's Pokemon and they love discarding things after one or two games despite a lot of them getting positive feedback.
Exactly that, they feel like they need something fresh every time but what they don't realise is that they struck gold two generations ago (honestly, I'd immediately buy any pair of games that introduced new Megas).

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
One, they should bring back Megas in the form of V-MAXes. I assume they're not planning on doing that, but they definitely should.
Two, the only advantage of "big basics" is that they can give some love to the less represented Pokemon. How about a Haunter V-MAX?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Dude, Rillaboom VMAX, Cinderace VMAX, and Inteleon VMAX are CLEARLY evolves from Rillaboom V, Cinderace V, and Inteleon V, respectively. We won't get Stage 2 Vs anymore. All Pokemon Vs are basics.

Clam

Almost decent
all of these cards are so strong and so little drawback ill be honest though I like the V max gimmick more than tag teams

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
By judging the artwork of Cinderace V from the tins and from the set, I conclude that the tins are just alternate arts of the regular ones from the set.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
It's kinda weird because usually the TCG has pretty good foresight into planning the appearance of new Pokemon/forms as cards but I guess they really did know nothing about their new Gmax forms O:

Part of me was lowkey hoping the pack artwork was just a tease for the actual VMAX cards being their Gmax forms lol

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
You say that those v max evolve from raboot thwackey and drizzile but they dont. Please fix it it could be misleading

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
It's kinda weird because usually the TCG has pretty good foresight into planning the appearance of new Pokemon/forms as cards but I guess they really did know nothing about their new Gmax forms O:

Part of me was lowkey hoping the pack artwork was just a tease for the actual VMAX cards being their Gmax forms lol
They probably want to wait until the Pokemon are available in the games so they can sync marketing.