Pokemon VMAX, Sword & Shield Cards, Meowth V MAX Special Collection Revealed!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
At this point I just like checking in to see what new gimmick the TCG has. Honestly, it makes me long for the Base-Neo days, although seeing as the recent main series titles are all about gimmicks, I suppose these translate well to the TCG.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
There goes the HP cap. Yay power creep.

It would've been way cooler if they made Dynamax or Gigantamax Pokemon into jumbo cards and somehow made those play legal.

The new dice are cool, but I guess to deal with the new HP cap they had to change them.

Last edited:

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
  • Metal Patch - 5 Geodudes, why not?
  • Meowth V/VMAX - 200 for 1 TCE and Energy (Yes, Triple Accel since VMAX are evolved Pokemon) and draws 3, why not? 2/3-4
  • Indeedee V- Kinda underwhelming to me. 3
  • Stonjourner V - 180 for an energy that isn't easily payable. 3 Geodudes
  • Galarian Ponyta-
  • Rillaboom - Energy accel? Good. Getting it out T2? Maybe?! 4 Geodudes
  • Inteleon - Better Alolan Ninetales but as a Stage 2. 4 Geodudes
  • Cinderace - I kinda Like it. 4 Geodudes
  • Galarian Zigzagoon - Wait for Obstagoon before we are dealing with this card.
  • Snorlax V/VMAX - Huge HP, Triple Acceleration Energy, and Better Mega Ray's atk. 3/5
  • Lapras V/VMAX - Quagsire, period. 3/4-5
  • Zacian V - Although weak to Welder, Zacian V has continue to be better among the two mascots. Zacian's main ability is payable with the ability and Metal Patch. 5 Geodudes
  • Zamazenta V - VMAX have high HP, Zamazenta blocks it. 5 Geodudes
  • Fishing Rod - Not as good as Super Rod but its better than we don't have. 4 Geodudes
[/QUOTE
I’m not sure what all of those / and - mean but if they just so happen to mean that meowth v-max is better than snorlax v-max, you’re wrong!

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
He gave Snorlax VMAX 5 out of 5 and Meowth VMAX 3 or 4 out of 5, it's not so hard to figure out my dude...

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Hey guys, Indeedee is one of the only psychic pokemon in the tcg that is actually psychic type and weak to dark.

Pone

Delta Species is best species
If that's the final version of these V-Max cards, this has got to be the laziest "new" mechanic they've ever introduced to the card game. Even Tag Teams were more interesting. These are just awful.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Nothing has changed.
Nothing has changed.
Basics with abominably (to me, I have no clue how the meta has accelerated) big 200+ HP numbers, which is just a repeat of the EX/GX mechanic. Please use your creativity, TPCi.
Mega Evolutions have returned, but there’s no “end the turn” prerequisite, and they trade for 3 Prize cards. Oh boy, where do we remember this from? That’s right, folks, Megas from XY and Tag Teams from SM. WhAt A bLaSt FrOm ThE pAsT!
Please, please, please introduce some mechanic that doesn’t mirror LvlX/BREAKS, ex/EX/GX/V, Legend/TAG TEAM, 0r MEGA/VMAX. If you come up with something creative, the game will be given the life it so needs.
I and the rest of society don’t want to play the same game over and over again. Nothing has changed.

Sold

Content Creator
340Hp wow.
The reason the MCharizards were amazing was because they could One hit KO!
Now there not....
However the Snorlax GMax has amazing art!

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
The ETB and the ETB sleeves are so ugly...
Yeah, the top part of the box looks poorly designed while the sleeves lack any sort of background pattern on ‘em. The only positive seems to be the dice, they made the damage counter dice easier to use (no more situations where you’re using 2+ dice to display 60+ damage on a ‘mon) while I’m loving the sparkle effect on the flip-die.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Yeah, the top part of the box looks poorly designed while the sleeves lack any sort of background pattern on ‘em.
Pretty sure the sleeves have a muted background pattern, identical to the one of the box. Nevertheless, these are not sleeves that you should use, ever. I wouldn't expect Dragon Shield quality from a bonus throw-in, but these are dangerous to your cards.

I'm torn, because I'm a huge fan on the new burned/poisoned markers (even though these effects are basically unusable with 300+ HP Pokemon). The glittered dice is also really nice, while the smaller dice are a 50/50 - the idea is great, but they look extremely plain compared to the ones that came in S&M.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the Gigantamax/Dynamax labels will actually be used, and how if so. Will there be a card that supports Gigantamaxes but not Dynamaxes (or vice versa)? At the moment they are functionally the same, but still have those distinctions. With that said, they might just use the distinctions since those are the ones from the video games, and explain why certain V-maxes look different from their regular form.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
while the smaller dice are a 50/50 - the idea is great, but they look extremely plain compared to the ones that came in S&M.
The plain look of the dice was the biggest let-down of the new ETB's for me as strange as that sounds. I think even having the set symbol instead of "10" could have helped a lot aesthetically, rather than really boring numbers and colors. I dunno, I'm probably too salty about it, but I've been collecting these things for five years so it's a bit of a bummer for me, lol.

Clam

Almost decent
THE DICE HAVE GLITTER!!! but really im not a fan of the sleeves or anything from the trainer box although the packs with the cards look really nice

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
Does anyone else hate how the card game interprets the vg mechanics? I didn't care for the fact Z moves were interpreted as GX moves. I just never got why the new pokémon with those moves couldn't have been "Pokémon-Z" or whatever and then had Z-moves instead of GX. Now we have these "V" Pokémon. What does the "V" even stand for? What did GX stand for? Nothing? All signs point to nothing.

GX were essentially just EX pokémon with Z-Moves... so I guess "V" Pokémon are EXs that can Dynamax (potentially)? Seems needlessly complicated. Especially when they have "V" pokémon that have the special Dynamax and Gigantamax labels too.

I know that's not the point of this article, but still. I dislike Pokémon V. Of course, a lot of these guys are pretty uninspired too, but that's not uncommon for an early set with a new mechanic to make cards that are just ok. Honestly, I like the abilities and such of the regular pokémon like Cinderace from this set more than I do the V pokémon.

*In before we get Pokémon EGXV Team DynaGigantaUltraBeastMax that have 1000HP and your opponent takes 6 prizes upon KO.*

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Got the Meowth VMax box today and the jumbo card is smaller than they have been. About a quarter inch smaller top to bottom and on the sides.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Got the Meowth VMax box today and the jumbo card is smaller than they have been. About a quarter inch smaller top to bottom and on the sides.
I've noticed that too... it really annoys me because now it doesn't go well with the rest of my jumbo collection, but even the Zacian V jumbo is bigger, which annoyed me even more because I thought maybe they changed the size for V cards... but turns out that they forgot to make Zacian and Zamazenta smaller too.