Collecting Mysterious Treasures fake?

owhl

Aspiring Trainer
Going through my old Diamond & Pearl Mysterious Treasures set and have found copies of cards that are :

normal
Star holo (background of illustration)
Reverse holo (solid sheet, no pattern)
Star holo that covers the whole card

Can anyone confirm D&P MT's printed star holo cards that extend from the illustrations background to the rest of the card?

All of these were pulled from still sealed booster boxes that appeared to be legit WOTC products but I cannot find examples online of these full card star holos.

Last edited:

owhl

Aspiring Trainer
I have also noticed two reverse holos of this set have a solid line - one has it horizontal, one has it vertical - in the holographic print. Both cards' lines are perfectly straight. Not sure if again, these are fake or print errors.

owhl

Aspiring Trainer
https://imgur.com/a/kV97zT1

3 photos depicting 3 different version of Aggron LV. 49 001/123 Mysterious Treasures.

3 different card effects are:
  • Holo (illustration + text area),
  • Holo (illustration only),
  • Reverse Holo (has a huge print line - horizontal, runs through top of "Heap Up")

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Pretty sure that they're all real from the pics you had shown. The first one you uploaded has Holo Bleed, where the foil goes through the parts that shouldn't show it. It was really common during the DP era. Second one is your typical gen 4 Reverse Holo, they were all like that. The last one is a completely regular holo that doesn't have the bleed to it. Nothing seems off about these at all that would make me think they're fakes.