'Let's Play Pokemon TCG Box' in December

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Ok, I guess. The decks are still bad, but this is an easy way for families to get into the game without having to buy separate things.

also i wonder what the cool promos are

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Ok, I guess. The decks are still bad, but this is an easy way for families to get into the game without having to buy separate things.

also i wonder what the cool promos are
Should be the same from the original the foil are 2 pika n 2 idr , 2 eevee n 2 molt
2 promo non holo flareon

fleshrum

Cephalophore
both these decks were fine, actually. Balanced against each other and not bad when it comes to power/card advantage compared to other theme decks. Not quite as good as the most recent ones and not quite as bad as xy era and before. A good purchase for sisters or what have you.

autogatos

Aspiring Trainer
A good purchase for sisters or what have you.
*siiiiigh* It’s 2019, people still implying girls aren’t good at/not into games is getting reeeeeally old by now.

Anyway, I enjoyed these decks just for the holos (I collect Eeveelutions promos). It’s also a great option for young kids to introduce them to the game. Both my daughter and nephew have been wanting to start playing so this’ll be a great holiday gift. :)

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
*siiiiigh* It’s 2019, people still implying girls aren’t good at/not into games is getting reeeeeally old by now.

LMAO ok let's back this right up

I use plural female nouns as collective nouns in a conscious effort to disassemble traditional language structures. That's why I put sisters. Two individuals each playing with one deck and then swapping, presumably having received it as a shared present on Christmas.

I'm not sure how I implied they were bad at games, either... I think these decks are pretty good. I've been playing this game for 19 years and I'm not half bad at it. And I regularly get my ass handed to me by female players in my family. So.

IDK if this was honest misinterpretation or aggressive identity politics, but either way, you were way off base with this comment.

autogatos

Aspiring Trainer
LMAO ok let's back this right up

I use plural female nouns as collective nouns in a conscious effort to disassemble traditional language structures. That's why I put sisters. Two individuals each playing with one deck and then swapping, presumably having received it as a shared present on Christmas.

I'm not sure how I implied they were bad at games, either... I think these decks are pretty good. I've been playing this game for 19 years and I'm not half bad at it. And I regularly get my ass handed to me by female players in my family.

IDK if this was honest misinterpretation or aggressive identity politics, but either way, you were way off base with this comment.
I apologize, it looks like I misunderstood. I think since many people were complaining about these decks being bad and you agreed they’re not the best (but not terrible) they might be good for an experienced player to buy for their sister (implying she’d enjoy an an easier deck or would be new to the game as opposed to an experienced player).

What you meant was just that TWO siblings might enjoy playing this set together and you just happened to use sisters instead of brothers or siblings, yes? If that’s the case, very sorry about that! I think I’m so used to dealing with sexism in other areas of gaming/nerd culture that I made an assumption. Admittedly the ptcg community has been one of the few gaming spaces I’ve found to be very welcoming. :)

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
What you meant was just that TWO siblings might enjoy playing this set together and you just happened to use sisters instead of brothers or siblings, yes? If that’s the case, very sorry about that! I think I’m so used to dealing with sexism in other areas of gaming/nerd culture that I made an assumption. Admittedly the ptcg community has been one of the few gaming spaces I’ve found to be very welcoming. :)

Exactly right, and 's no worries at all.

I've also had that experience, so I sympathize with your reaction too. Less so on this forum but it makes sense to be on guard just in case. Hope your young ones have fun with these :)

autogatos

Aspiring Trainer
Exactly right, and 's no worries at all.

I've also had that experience, so I sympathize with your reaction too. Less so on this forum but it makes sense to be on guard just in case. Hope your young ones have fun with these :)
Ok cool, sorry again for misinterpreting. :) I’ve been spending too much time on twitter and in MMO general chats lately (where sexism runs amok) so I was probably feeling too defensive.

the ptcg community really has been a pleasant change of pace from so many other game communities! Lots of fellow parents who play (or attend events with their kids) too. It’s fun!