Discussion Vaporeon AOR with misty and lorelei

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
prop exeggcute makes misty and lorelei almost free
vaporeon makes your stage 1 pokemon water type
magcargo GX, honchkrow GX, articuno GX, naganadel GX(unified minds)
this seems busted to me
i dont know how to end this
but i hope you enjoyed my haiku

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I have done a quick look at the compendium and found nothing similar in the past (though there should be something since this seems the same situation as using Aqua Patch if that Stage 1 is in the bench). Another similar issue is using Electropower with Jolteon, and that I know can be done. However, I'm not a professor, so let's wait until someone else brings more info.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I don't understand the problem here. Vaporeon makes your Stage-1 Pokemon a Water-type (in addition to its other types). M&L allows your Water types to use their GXs again.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
there is no question, just a discussion prompt

I think its good, you can also use the smol zoroark to copy your opponents gx attacks for basically free

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, this isn’t a ruling question, there is no problem. You can make a fun prize lock with nag gx and shedinja. Too bas theres no amulet in expanded lol.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
i've seen a video were someone used boundaries crossed liepard, made it a water type with vaporeon, then used it's assist attack too copy dialga gx's timeless gx and would use it as many times as he could because of misty lorelei

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
i've seen a video were someone used boundaries crossed liepard, made it a water type with vaporeon, then used it's assist attack too copy dialga gx's timeless gx and would use it as many times as he could because of misty lorelei
That's pretty good, though it needs Will to be consistent.
However, if we lose one prize (Mismagius or whatever) and use Lt Surge's Strategy, Will, Lusamine and M&L, there's a possibility of an infinite combo. Once we got infinite turns, we can use whatever passive effect and/or poison to slowly win the game.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
However, if we lose one prize (Mismagius or whatever) and use Lt Surge's Strategy, Will, Lusamine and M&L, there's a possibility of an infinite combo. Once we got infinite turns, we can use whatever passive effect and/or poison to slowly win the game.
timeless gx just does 150 anyway

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
timeless gx just does 150 anyway
True, you can also use Trick Coin to limit our chances of failure on an odd Will-less flip. It's honestly a pretty disgusting deck and I'm wondering if we can get a lock on turn two consistently - if it happens, I smell a ban.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player

Mismagius and Surge will be banned in expanded when Cosmic Eclipse becomes legal, though

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Probably the best combo is to look for GX attacks that depends on your opponents benched pokemon, since if they bench less than they should, you’re already winning. Lycanroc GX comes to my mind.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
fliptini and dual brains magnezone are things that could help, though dual brains might be a little clunky
Depends on the draw engine. We can use Pal Pads and VS Seekers to give ourselves 12 more M&L's, which should be enough. It all depends on if we get all the pieces (Dialga, Vaporeon, Liepard, Magnezone(Rare Candy), Trick Coin, M&L, eggs and Will) on turn two. I don't play Expanded, so I don't know how efficient draw engines can be.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Have magnezone, vaporeon, and liepard in play, use will and misty lorlei each turn. Dump down a bunch of vs seekers/pal pads when you need to reuse, lele for search. Zoroark for draw engine.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
That’s what i just said....
Plus, zoroark can discard an eggs and draw two, than you can get back eggs, so you’re guaranteed to have sufficient cards each turn!