'Tag All Stars' Set Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Also, before they do alt art prints, they have 10 other Sun and Moon supporters that didn't get full arts at all.

Hapu
Lt Surges Strategy
Bill's Analysis
Bug Catcher
Samson Oak
Ultra Kartenvoy
Blaines Quiz Show
Pokemon Center Lady
Brocks Training
Misty's Water Command

Also Masked Royale needs to release in English.
I think we'll be fine without a Samson Oak, Ultra Forest Kartenvoy and Misty's Water Command full art. They aren't exactly useful...nor would they make good full arts.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
PLEASE DO ALL THESE ALT ARTS IN A SET LIKE OUR XY PREMIUM TRAINERS BOX!!

Yeah, no. No one wants that. We don't need stuff like that in this tcg anymore. Anyone who thought it was a good idea is just enabling TPCi's nonsense.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I kind of hope they don't release a huge Premium Trainers box. In my opinion the XY one was literally the worst product Pokémon has ever made. I would much prefer they put 15-20 packs instead of two packs and a ton of useless junk.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Jesus fudging christ pokemon fans really suck. What's that? You like something? NO! THING BAD! NO THING NEEDED! fudge you guys, just let people dream for what they want. Also, there was nothing bad in the XY premium collection. you guys are just dumbasses.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Jesus fudging christ pokemon fans really suck. What's that? You like something? NO! THING BAD! NO THING NEEDED! fudge you guys, just let people dream for what they want. Also, there was nothing bad in the XY premium collection. you guys are just dumbasses.

1. XY Premium Trainer Collection was priced at $80 MSRP for 10 promo cards, 2 Packs, and cheap sleeves/deck boxes. It was overpriced and affected by secondary market value. It was one of TPCI's greediest moments before Hidden Fates imo.

2. Players are allowed to criticize these shady business tactics. These are the type of things killing the TCG for people.

3. It's worth educating those who are unaware. My apologies if you took my response personally or felt attacked by it. However I believe that your view on the subject is too oblivious. This is how they take advantage of players. It's unfortunate, but the facts are: XY Premium Trainer Collection was a scam that too many apologetic players gave into.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
1. XY Premium Trainer Collection was priced at $80 MSRP for 10 promo cards, 2 Packs, and cheap sleeves/deck boxes. It was overpriced and affected by secondary market value. It was one of TPCI's greediest moments before Hidden Fates imo.

2. Players are allowed to criticize these shady business tactics. These are the type of things killing the TCG for people.

3. It's worth educating those who are unaware. My apologies if you took my response personally or felt attacked by it. However I believe that your view on the subject is too oblivious. This is how they take advantage of players. It's unfortunate, but the facts are: XY Premium Trainer Collection was a scam that too many apologetic players gave into.
The premium trainers collection was kind of an exploitation in my opinion at least.
You can get all the cards from it in good condition for like $25 at most.
Plus when it released both packs had already rotated into expanded(Primal Clash and Roaring Skies). Therefor stuff like Shaymin($50 at the time in standard) wasn't even a relevant pull.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
If you want to throw $80 out the window, go for it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I adore these Ooyama art trainers. I REALLY hope we get some of them in english, the simplicity about them is super appealing.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Why waste a space on Pipikek considering that only Trumbeak is used? They didn't care about Toucannon, so really just don't waste the space TBH.

Mimikyu is a staple for non-gx or gx non-ability decks (that don't use Green's already). You are locking your opponent out of any use of their abilities through the use of a single shrine of punishment (for Pikazekrom and Mewbox), or Roxie + Weezing. Hell, you can use Giratina for localized ability negation.

Cottonee is a fantastic additional attacker for Lost March, seeing how big ReshiZekrom is going to be in Cosmic Eclipse. Too bad about no double colorless but we still have counter gain.

The Eevee support is really cool. They want you to play the deck by using all the eeveelutions, and a single Eeevee of these setups your entire bench for that purpose. I "almost" don't miss Energy Evolution anymore. Too bad evolution decks are a bit boned come SWSH unless they give us ways to setup turn 1 easily.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
That Mewtwo + Mew card where Mew is badgering Mewtwo and this Espeon + Deoxys are some of the only cards I've ever considered buying singles just for the art

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon - looks Flareon, Jolteon, and Glaceon will greatly benefit with these Eeveelutions. Flareon can now do 210 for just one Welder and having 270 HP. Jolteon can now have up to 260 with its main atk for 1 energy and having 260 HP. all were 3-4
  • Eevee - nice support. Too bad the T1 no Supporters hinders it. 3
  • Wishiwashi-GX - DRM Wishiwashi will help this card's problems. 3 Geodudes
  • Mimikyu - What a nice ability! I love it. 4 Geodudes
  • Cottonee/Whimsicott - Do you think this will convince me that Lost March will be good with these? Cottonee is the worst since we don't have DCE anymore. 3-3
  • I love seeing these PR art promos being in there. Where is the Lele, Amoonguss, Fini, Terrakion, Necrozma, etc.?
  • I adore these Ooyama art trainers. I REALLY hope we get some of them in english, the simplicity about them is super appealing.
    Look at my partial set list again. Is there any slots for them?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Wait a minute. Just realized that Darkrai/Umbreon and Deoxys/Espeon don't have regular full arts or RRs in their set, but here are the alt-full arts. What's the deal there?

ShatterSt0rm

Aspiring Trainer
There are only 11 new cards in the set (excluding secret rares).

I'm pretty sure Dusknoir & Trevenant GX is a new card in this set. This will be the first time it will be released in Japanese that I'm aware of. I know we've known about it for a while in English, but that doesn't mean it's not a "new" card in the set along with the other 11 cards where this is their first time being released.

I love seeing these PR art promos being in there. Where is the Lele, Amoonguss, Fini, Terrakion, Necrozma, etc.?
It's never equal or fair. Japan gets cards/arts English and International don't get and English and Interational get cards and arts that Japan doesn't get. Though I too agree that it's cool to see that Japan is getting our pre-release arts; Giratina, Melmetal (which I'm planning on collecting), Persian.

Last edited: