'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
When I have a bit more time, I will write to Chaos Cards to make sure they get in their stock this Ultra Premium box of Hidden Fates. I want that playmate, the poster doesn't do justice and feel like cheap knock off.

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
When I have a bit more time, I will write to Chaos Cards to make sure they get in their stock this Ultra Premium box of Hidden Fates. I want that playmate, the poster doesn't do justice and feel like cheap knock off.

its rad . i dont think it looks like a knock off

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Wow look! All of the shinies that I won't be able to get because they hate stocking this set!

I'm not going to stop complaining until they actually get their act together and learn how to meet the demand for this set. As much as I want to be excited for Hidden Fates, I can't be anymore because it's just a pain to find. Such a shame too, ever since last November when GX Ultra Shiny happened I've been waiting for them to come to English.

Real-talk though, it's a nice enough design, I think Shining Legends is still the best one they've done, but that ain't too bad itself.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Are you kidding me? They drew other shiny Pokemon??? We got mew on a pack art. He has one useless card in the set. But they didn't use shiny Rayquaza??? fudging seriously? they had the ability to use one of the most famous shines ever and theu used MEW.

Wolfgirl90

Professor Luna
Are you kidding me? They drew other shiny Pokemon??? We got mew on a pack art. He has one useless card in the set. But they didn't use shiny Rayquaza??? fudging seriously? they had the ability to use one of the most famous shines ever and theu used MEW.

Are you talking about the mat or pack art? Because Shiny Rayquaza is going to be on the mat.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Wow look! All of the shinies that I won't be able to get because they hate stocking this set!

I'm not going to stop complaining until they actually get their act together and learn how to meet the demand for this set. As much as I want to be excited for Hidden Fates, I can't be anymore because it's just a pain to find. Such a shame too, ever since last November when GX Ultra Shiny happened I've been waiting for them to come to English.

Real-talk though, it's a nice enough design, I think Shining Legends is still the best one they've done, but that ain't too bad itself.
The prices have gone out of control as well. ETB at Chaos Cards listed 70 euros, normally for special set ETB I paid 49 euros and for regular 35. My guess is maybe we should wait for reprint xD.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The prices have gone out of control as well. ETB at Chaos Cards listed 70 euros, normally for special set ETB I paid 49 euros and for regular 35. My guess is maybe we should wait for reprint xD.
Right, you've got scalpers going in the second stores are opening and getting all their hands on the INCREDIBLY limited stock of them. A best buy near me that I checked only got a single ETB that was sold only a few minutes after the store opened, and it's making product prices ridiculous. Even preorders are ridiculous now.

I don't get why they're not supplying enough to meet the demand of this set. They stock everything else pretty decently these days, anywhere you go you'll probably find some of everything... Except the product that's in higher demand than any of it. I mean... As a company, if I made this brand new product people wanted, I'd stock to meet demand. It's more money for me. So what's Pokemon doing? They're not gaining anything by NOT stocking the product, the set has hype behind it as it is, you've got every Poketuber and their mother screaming at packs of the set on the internet, kids know what it is, collectors know what it is, they all want it, so...What is it? The hype is there. The demand is there. I don't get what it is they're gaining by not stocking it.

It's just ridiculous to me that they're being so inept about this. It's frustrating as a collector, and an overall fan of this series that's already been disappointing with their dumpster fire of a mainline game.

A reprint would be nice, but how likely is that to even happen, yknow? I'm hoping it does but I'm not crossing my fingers at all.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
The shinies on the mat aren't even in hidden fates. So they'd be worse than Mew in every way

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer

I'm not going to stop complaining until they actually get their act together and learn how to meet the demand for this set.
Honestly they're probably doing the best they can. I think any company would struggle trying to keep up with the insane demand. Scalpers and people doing store buyouts don't help either. The overall value of the set is going to go down in value eventually, heck it already is somewhat. And when that happens, less people will be interested in it. Just chill and be patient and everything will work out in the end.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Uhhhh..... take another look
He’s there
Top right

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Right, you've got scalpers going in the second stores are opening and getting all their hands on the INCREDIBLY limited stock of them. A best buy near me that I checked only got a single ETB that was sold only a few minutes after the store opened, and it's making product prices ridiculous. Even preorders are ridiculous now.

I don't get why they're not supplying enough to meet the demand of this set. They stock everything else pretty decently these days, anywhere you go you'll probably find some of everything... Except the product that's in higher demand than any of it. I mean... As a company, if I made this brand new product people wanted, I'd stock to meet demand. It's more money for me. So what's Pokemon doing? They're not gaining anything by NOT stocking the product, the set has hype behind it as it is, you've got every Poketuber and their mother screaming at packs of the set on the internet, kids know what it is, collectors know what it is, they all want it, so...What is it? The hype is there. The demand is there. I don't get what it is they're gaining by not stocking it.

It's just ridiculous to me that they're being so inept about this. It's frustrating as a collector, and an overall fan of this series that's already been disappointing with their dumpster fire of a mainline game.

A reprint would be nice, but how likely is that to even happen, yknow? I'm hoping it does but I'm not crossing my fingers at all.

To add to said dumpster fire; I've been following reviews (with pics) on Amazon that sellers are not only marking up the pin collections double, but also opening the boxes, searching (by opening) the packs and resealing the packs and the box. It's just outrageous out there.

On the brighter side, the price of the actual cards that aren't Charizard seem to have settled down to more reasonable levels as their availability has soared.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon

Because you are not the market. The consumer is almost never the market - the investors are.
If they print this set "to demand", or even overprint it, then the prices would crash and burn. It would create bad optics for premium sets, or even regular sets moving forward. Instead of buying as much product as they can, distributors would be more cautious, afraid of being stuck with palettes of worthless boxes.

Number51x

Because you are not the market. The consumer is almost never the market - the investors are.
If they print this set "to demand", or even overprint it, then the prices would crash and burn. It would create bad optics for premium sets, or even regular sets moving forward. Instead of buying as much product as they can, distributors would be more cautious, afraid of being stuck with palettes of worthless boxes.

I'm not sure TPCi is super concerned with investors. Roaring Skies reprint anyone?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm not sure TPCi is super concerned with investors. Roaring Skies reprint anyone?

By "investors", I mean people that actually invest money into the company, not ones that purchase and hoard product.
I'm pretty sure hoarders were exactly the reason Roaring Skies were reprinted. Hoarders hate irregularity and uncertainty. For the past couple of sets, Pokemon is going really low with the print numbers and cuts off supply rather early - with hoarders in the mix, it could make the cards rather unavailable. But Pokemon isn't as great of a long-time investment, because they act rather random.

Number51x

By "investors", I mean people that actually invest money into the company, not ones that purchase and hoard product.
I'm pretty sure hoarders were exactly the reason Roaring Skies were reprinted. Hoarders hate irregularity and uncertainty. For the past couple of sets, Pokemon is going really low with the print numbers and cuts off supply rather early - with hoarders in the mix, it could make the cards rather unavailable. But Pokemon isn't as great of a long-time investment, because they act rather random.
Oh, yeah ok. That makes more sense. I see what you're saying now.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Ahhh looks like my dream to buy on Black Friday sales every Hidden Fate product has gone out through the window.

ETB month ago during preorder was shifting between 47-49 euros. As for now at Chaos cards, it cost 71 euros. No Pika way I will pay that kind of money. And same applies to other Hidden Fate products prices gone up basically 7-9 euros from what I was preparing to pay once I can ship all the Hidden Fates at once.

And those scalpers and damn resellers. Hope Pokemon company do a sudden and massive reprint and their wallet burn because Pokemon company should think about making these cards available. It is already pretty much impossible to finish the set due to 50+ secret rares that require either multiple booster boxes to buy or simply buy as singles and just to finish the set it costs $250-$600, depending on if there is Charizard.

Normally I'm happy with what I have got after buying every product once since I hate to double up the commons and uncommons and don't bother to buy same product multiple times since in the end only cards I do miss from checklist start from Ultra Rares. But with the latest sets, they release that gets larger and larger and also cut the time they print has gone out of control. For example, Unified Mind/ Lost Thunder and Team-Up, I did open a couple of booster packs and can't keep up with these set releases. Do I want to collect everyone set they release.... yes but reality hits hard when realize you get only 5-6 hits per booster box and buying another basically means pay another 95 euros for just 5-6 hits since rest will be double-ups and that is already extremely expensive to collect and then scalpers make things even worst.