Event Regionals Lasting 3 Days?

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, can anyone tell me why some of the regionals (such as Tennessee) are for 3 days? Is that a bug? Cause if not, then I can't attend those because of school. Thanks!

UWU

Regionals usually last 3 days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Fridays opens for vendors and side event stuff

Saturday is main event Day 1 with side events

Sunday is Day 2 for whatever age division has enough players to warrant day 2 (usually Masters) with side events and whatnot.

Regionals usually last 3 days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Fridays opens for vendors and side event stuff

Saturday is main event Day 1 with side events

Sunday is Day 2 for whatever age division has enough players to warrant day 2 (usually Masters) with side events and whatnot.
Wait, really?

I was always under the impression that Friday was main day 1 and was mandatory if you wanted to play Saturday (and Sunday if you get that far)... I'll have to look into this, because I've skipped the last couple of regionals in my area due to school as well.

I've never been to a regional that was anything other than Merovingian described - Friday side/vendor/registration, Saturday main day 1, Sunday morning day 2, Sunday afternoon top cut in masters.

I also concur @Merovingian and @snoopy369 . Friday is just a "fun" day that the PTOs setup for players who can do some last minute play-testing, etc. Btw, if ever in doubt about a tournament, consider contacting the tournament organizer.

You have to dig a little bit and read their various event entries, it lays out the schedule as such (For championship points):

Friday: 2 League Challenges staggered starts/Side stuff
Saturday: Regionals
Sunday: Top cut/League Cup everyone else

Some will include extra stuff for signing up on friday like a special die or counters or something, but it's just a fun day before the big tournament.

Back