Galarian Pokemon, Obstagoon, Morpeko, Team Yell, and More in New Sword & Shield Trailer!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The problem on the Obstagoon line are:
  • X4 Fighting Weakness which make it straight up PU. So many Focus Blasters and Lucario all around there. Hopefully, it has great defenses.
  • Linoone can learn Belly Drum and Extremespeed. Will these learned by this new Linoone?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I only really came to this to see some new Pokemon, and hey, Galar Weezing and Obstagoon are pretty great. I'm glad galar forms aren't just gen-1 exclusive like the Alolans. I hope that Galar forms don't cost us another generation of like 70 Pokemon though, I hope the cross-gen evolutions buff out the roster a bit. I don't think I like Morpeko though. Might be my least favorite Pikaclone (and the word "hangry" doesn't help it much).

I'm glad though that there's gonna be a more (I'm assuming?) jerky kinda rival, Hop wouldn't have cut it for the only one.

But it REALLY makes me sad, I love some of the ideas in this game, but because of the whole National Dex issue, and the general lackluster nature the whole thing has, it treads so close to being good enough, but I still don't want to play the game, and it's really bumming me out.

I guess the leaks were even further proven though, so I'm immensely excited to see Sirfetch'd, lol.

Zster

Aspiring Trainer
My only problem with sword and shield was that I thought my second favorite pokemon would be cut. Not only did it make the cut, but it also has a new form, and an awesome new evolution! I am glad tpci is remembering the little guys.

Gwen

Aspiring Trainer
Ok yeah RIP Zigzagoon line but what amazing designs! I'm so excited that we're getting new evolutions!!!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
My only problem with sword and shield was that I thought my second favorite pokemon would be cut. Not only did it make the cut, but it also has a new form, and an awesome new evolution! I am glad tpci is remembering the little guys.
At least that means they get cards for Gen 8.

Glad we get an Electric/Dark Type finally, too bad it looks like a Pichu alt.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm liking the new Galar form for Weezing. Poisom/Fairy with Levitate is a good combination. I wonder what it's secondary Ability is?

Also, I do like the "hangry" gimmick the Galar Pikachu has going on; Electric and Dark is another really cold type combination.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Ok yeah RIP Zigzagoon line but what amazing designs! I'm so excited that we're getting new evolutions!!!
That are confirmed to only be in Galar, which makes the Region even more restricted.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
While the mainline games appear to be rushed and mediocre at best, every new trailer and announcement is great news for PTCG fans.

Good Pokemon designs and vibrant trainers that will look great on cards. Even the lazy Dyna/Giga mechanic won't stick out much, I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave GXs as they are.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
While the mainline games appear to be rushed and mediocre at best, every new trailer and announcement is great news for PTCG fans.

Good Pokemon designs and vibrant trainers that will look great on cards. Even the lazy Dyna/Giga mechanic won't stick out much, I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave GXs as they are.
Said it before, but Zigzagoon line is guaranteed to have a card for next Gen, since it hasn't had one for this Gen.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Looks like Mimikyu will be in the game. I like Mimiku -no one is certain if it's good or bad. Reminds me of myself
rsz-1rsz-thinking.png

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That are confirmed to only be in Galar, which makes the Region even more restricted.
This is what kinda worries me about cross-gen evolutions being based on Galar forms. It'd have been much easier if they made them based on their original forms. I mean, I like the designs, but this could raise some issues unless they continue to support these forms in later games. (Maybe what they did in Let's go, where it's like "Hey, I'll trade you this form of whoever for its original version!" in a few different games across the series). Of course, that's most likely not happening because it's Game Freak, and they can't even support their entire Pokedex.

But at least, like you said, Zigs and Linoone are going to get cards. (Edit: why did I originally type forms? Lol)

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
This is what kinda worries me about cross-gen evolutions being based on Galar forms. It'd have been much easier if they made them based on their original forms. I mean, I like the designs, but this could raise some issues unless they continue to support these forms in later games. (Maybe what they did in Let's go, where it's like "Hey, I'll trade you this form of whoever for its original version!" in a few different games across the series). Of course, that's most likely not happening because it's Game Freak, and they can't even support their entire Pokedex.

But at least, like you said, Zigs and Linoone are going to get forms.
Another problem, is we don't even know if Zigzagoon will be available in future Generations, this could be the last main series Pokémon game the line is in, hence why it's Galar exclusive.