Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like water Sneasel and fighting Palpitoad/Seismitoad, and the supporter selection is some cool representation, but the Pokemon selection is... Ehh? I like some of the art at least, especially on the GX's and the Piplup line (that's my piplup bias though).

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
what a lame reveal. i was so excited to see the title of this and there's still only 4 GX here....fudge off, Creatures Inc.
you've got one more set left, do something good.

I like water Sneasel and fighting Palpitoad/Seismitoad, and the supporter selection is some cool representation, but the Pokemon selection is... Ehh? I like some of the art at least, especially on the GX's and the Piplup line (that's my piplup bias though).
Hell yeah. Like...do we need another Empoleon card? do we really fudging need another Stoutland line in Sun and Moon? They only have one more set left and it better not be as lame as this...

Last edited by a moderator:

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I get that not every pokemon should be competitively viable in some way, but I'm really disappointed in their decisions towards some of these pokemon. They were low-key smart in giving wishiwashi a 3 retreat cost. 180+Buff padding, with the power the possibly recycle it back in the deck to heal off all the damage has STALL screaming all over it lol

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Not much that piques my interest but now that I've seen the complete Empoleon line it seems to have great versatility, if Empoleon's "Recall" truly doesn't need the same energy requirements to use it's pre-evolutions moves. It essentially can:
  • Do 80 damage and possibly stall a Basic active Pokemon for 1 energy.
  • Do 130 damage for 2 energy
  • Or do 100 to a benched Pokemon for 1 energy. (As long as you don't do a Rare Candy evolution as well)
I doubt it'll see any play since it's a stage 2, it only has 160 HP and, in memory at least, Water Type doesn't have much support (not that it needs any water energy, meaning it can use any type of energy acceleration), but for a normal, non-GX Pokemon, Empoleon is quite versatile.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hell yeah. Like...do we need another Empoleon card? do we really fudging need another Stoutland line in Sun and Moon? They only have one more set left and it better not be as lame as this...
I don't mind the Empoleon, that's my favorite Pokemon of all time, and the art on the entire line is some of the best it's ever gotten. I usually give a pass to the Pokemon I'm biased towards, to some people's dismay (Like, I adore the Reshiram/Zekrom GX in this set since I'm a gen 5 freak). But there's a few like the Pika/Raichu and Slugma/Magcargo/Torkoal that I don't get... They had space for a Snivy line, which Rosa is known for. The Pikachu and Raichu are immensely boring. It's just a mixed bag all around, some positives, some negatives in the set.

Alter Genesis is a main set, Dialga/Palkia/Arceus seems like it's going to be fun, probably fantastic art-wise if Arita is doing it. It's going to be decently sized probably, hopefully allowing for some old Pokemon we haven't had in a few years. I'm sure it'll have something for everyone, but looking at the future, let's hope that Gen 8's TCG (unlike the games) improves upon the right steps gen 7 made while also lessening the problems it created. I'm not 100% certain of either way though.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
what a lame reveal. i was so excited to see the title of this and there's still only a 4 GX here....fudge off, Creatures Inc.
you've got one more set left, do something good.
Every "a" and "b" set so far has had only 4 GXs (except Ultra Shiny for obvious reasons). I don't know why you'd expect more

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
If we still had Aqua Patch, I would really like to try Gallade Quagsire...but alas. Rosa is an awesome card and makes Stage 2's alot better.

Maybe Gardeon + Mina is the best way to use Gallade?

Gunther Spindler

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, Magneton is a must with Lt. Surge! You can get out of nowhere Surge and 2 more supporters you want to play if you behind, like 2 Rosas!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
So the set has a much better track record than Remix Bout for the matter of introducing better cards post-rotation.

Cards to pay attention to

Empoleon line - may be a nice budget deck.
Weavile line - may be used as an option in dark box to counter Reshizard, maybe if we get a damage booster on SwSh first set it will be better.
Magneton line - Surge plays, Misty plays, Chateau lady plays.
Koffing (but no Weezing) - if you're playing spread you will certainly use the spread Weezing instead of this single-time attacker, but Koffing is cool to get damage spread for your attacks, Roxie is already staple on that deck anyway.
Xatu - may be used in a poison deck a la Raticate in expanded along with Will.
SilvallyGX - The format new Octillery, and will probably replace Zoroark variants for those in love with them.
ReshiZekrom - Possibly the BDIF after release considering all the support for both Electric and Fire types in format.

Lana's Fishing Rod - bad recycling but it's this or Brook's Grit and your supporter for the turn. The fact that it can recycle tools makes it somewhat acceptable.
Lillie's Clefairy Doll - pokesubstitute 2.0, except it self-recycles so that's much much better.
Roxie - probably the best draw power for non-gx decks in ages, so it's a guaranteed staple for those decks. With Lana's rod, now you don't have to use Brook to recycle them.
Clay - A better Bill, it also loads the discard pile with energy if you're lucky, for your fire deck and Naganadel purposes.
Will - May warrant some interesting builds with false swipe attacks, but otherwise seems gimmicky.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume GX - Stage 2 Celesaur with butloads of healing. 3/2/4
  • Slugma/Magcargo - Ehh?! 2/2
  • Torkoal - Just use Fire Crystal on the first atk, find something else on the 2nd. 2 Geodudes
  • Sneasel/Weavile - Shame that we don't have CB anymore. That would be a Reshizard counter for the use of D energy. 3/3
  • Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon - In 1 energy, you may distrupt basics or snipe 100. 3/3/4
  • Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad - First F type Seismitoad and First Seismitoad in SM Block. With TCE: 0 Damage Benched = KO Dedenne, 1 Damaged Benched + Diancie * = KO Pikarom. Its ability is a Magcargo but a Stage 2. It can be come in handy. 3/3/3-4
  • Wishiwashi - Good ability... but only done on your opponent's turn so no Will for you. 3 Geodudes
  • Dewpider/Araquanid - Good with Giant Bombz other than that... forget it. 3/2
  • Pikachu/ Raichu - Best Nuzzle deck inclusion. 4/4
  • Magnemite/Magneton - Easiest way to use Lt. Surge. 2/4
  • Solgaleo & Lunala TTGX - 4 Geodudes
  • Koffing/Weezing/Roxie - Good draw and more effective spread for Weezing. (The other one). 3-4/3-4/3-4
  • Natu/Xatu - Nice if you play Lt. Surge/Koga/and Will. 3/3
  • Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade - Nice because Ralts can use Spell Tag and Mysterious Treasure. Gallade gaining two best types to be hitting with weakness is awesome. 3/3/4
  • Mimikyu - Not as perfect as Stormfront Sableye, but giving the opportunity for the 2nd supporter is good. 3-4
  • Onix/Steelix - 3/3 Geodudes
  • Drillbur/Excadrill - Still not impressed. 3/3
  • Clefairy/Lillie's Clefairy Doll - Hit 'n Run decks will love Poke Doll not the Clefairy. 2/4
  • Reshiram & Zekrom TTGX - 5 Geodudes
  • Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland - Getting a F weakness makes the ability easy to activate. Heh?! 2/2/3
  • Type:Null/Silvally-GX - 5 Geodudes
  • Lana's Fishing Rod - this is the best recovery we can get Post-rotation. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Clay - Weird but it works. 3 Geodudes
  • Will - 5 Geodudes. Too bad we don't have Pokemon Catcher
  • N's Resolve - Good accel for N types. 4 Geodudes
  • Lillie's Best Effort - ok 3 Geodudes
  • Rosa - 5 Geodudes
I think I've started to make the decklist slowly.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Empoleon: Nice versatile non-GX attacker.
Wishiwashi: Nice stall card amd non-GX attacker combined with Giant Bomb and Lana's Fishing Rod.
Raichu line: Great addition to a Nuzzle deck and one of the few non-GX decks with decent Pokémon search.
Magneton: Lt. Surge's Strategy's best friend but we could be a pain to find after the rotation.
Solgaleo & Lunala GX: Psychic version of Reshiram and Charizard GX.
Weezing: Best combo with Roxie since there is no risk to start with him. Could make a Quad Garchomp and Giratina GX deck viable.
Excadrill: Great low cost non-GX attacker but the Basic Pokémon could be hard to find after the rotation.
Steelix: Great non-GX attacker that combos well with Poké Maniac.
Reshiram & Zekrum GX: Low cost ohko machine that combos well with Naganadel and all the support it has access to.
Silvally GX: Nice draw support and a decent attacker with the memories it has access to. Could even be used in a control deck with Jessie and James.

Lana's Fishing Rod: Nice card retrieval trainer which can also used to recycle Giant Bomb and Spell Tag.
Lillie's Clefairy Doll: Nice stall card in hit and run deck and could also be useful as a means to prevent decking out in decks like Excadrill.
N's Resolve: Great acceleration for Dragon Pokémon and especially useful with Reshiram and Zekrum GX.
Roxie: Great draw supporter especially when combined with Weezing from this set.
Rosa: My favorit card from this set. Looks like an improved Teammates.
Clay: Nice draw support for decks that run a lot of item cards such as Aegislash and decks that need to cycle through their deck fast like Excadrill.
Lillie's Best Effort: Nice two-off in decks focused on Solgaleo and Lunala GX but not sold on it outside of that deck.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Zekshiram will get noticed real quickly by Zekrochu players, just watch. The mechanics of the deck wouldn't be that far off.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
ReshRom is going to be good. Could definitely see the strategy being to play it with a mix of naganadel (both baby and GX dragon) and popping off.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
What they should say is that the card's text is fully revealed, but Dream League itself certainly is not. Pretty excited to see these full arts!