• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Blowns - Thinking about changing my current list

NateDoge

Aspiring Trainer
I just got back into the Pokemon TCG and my first deck is Baby Blowns. I am taking it to a League Cup and then internationals and want some other opinions on it.

Here is my current list:

Pokemon - 5

1x Blacephalon GX
4x Blacephalon

Supporters - 10

4x Green's
4x Welder
2x Guzma

Stadiums - 3

2x Ultra Space
1x Heat Factory

Items - 27

4x Fiery Flint
4x Fire Crystal
4x Pokegear
3x Wishful Baton
3x Energy Retrieval
2x Acro Bike
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Nest Ball
1x Stealthy Hood
1x Field Blower
1x Beast Ring
1x Escape Rope
1x Pal Pad

Energy - 14

13x Fire
1x Beast

Potential Changes:

I am considering putting in Victini Prism* as I feel that after 2 fiery flints the other 2 aren't very useful and it could give me another way of getting fire into hand if I'm low on fire crystals or retrievals. If I put in Victini I'd want at least 1 more Nest Ball as well.

I was also thinking of putting 2 Erika's Hospitality and taking out the Acro Bikes for them, just to have a strong draw supporter if needed. Not sure if I want Erika's or Lillie.

I feel like 3 Wishful Baton is fine, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to add a 4th?

Stealthy Hood, Escape Rope, and Pal Pad are one ofs that I could consider dropping, but I like having Hood so I don't auto-lose to Vileplume and Pal Pad to recycle supporters if I need to hit one with Pokegear. Escape Rope has been helpful in some games at league before but not essential.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
I am considering putting in Victini Prism* as I feel that after 2 fiery flints the other 2 aren't very useful and it could give me another way of getting fire into hand if I'm low on fire crystals or retrievals. If I put in Victini I'd want at least 1 more Nest Ball as well.

I was also thinking of putting 2 Erika's Hospitality and taking out the Acro Bikes for them, just to have a strong draw supporter if needed. Not sure if I want Erika's or Lillie.

I feel like 3 Wishful Baton is fine, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to add a 4th?

Stealthy Hood, Escape Rope, and Pal Pad are one ofs that I could consider dropping, but I like having Hood so I don't auto-lose to Vileplume and Pal Pad to recycle supporters if I need to hit one with Pokegear. Escape Rope has been helpful in some games at league before but not essential.

Welcome!

I find Victini unnecessary, most of the time you won’t be getting OHKOs in Tag Teams.

If you have a choice between Erika and Lillie, use Lillie.

I think 3 Batons are sufficient.

I would drop the Escape Rope.

NateDoge

Aspiring Trainer
Welcome!

I find Victini unnecessary, most of the time you won’t be getting OHKOs in Tag Teams.

If you have a choice between Erika and Lillie, use Lillie.

I think 3 Batons are sufficient.

I would drop the Escape Rope.

Thanks for the input.

I seem to be able to OHKO tag teams fairly consistently as long as I have a Blown set up from a previous turn or via Wishful Baton, at least from my experience. Unless you were talking about OHKOing them with Victini, but I'm was more concerned with being able to search fire out with Flints if my Fire Crystal and Energy Retrieval count is low, so if it turns into a 2HKO I don't think I'll mind.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
I seem to be able to OHKO tag teams fairly consistently as long as I have a Blown set up from a previous turn or via Wishful Baton, at least from my experience. Unless you were talking about OHKOing them with Victini, but I'm was more concerned with being able to search fire out with Flints if my Fire Crystal and Energy Retrieval count is low, so if it turns into a 2HKO I don't think I'll mind.

Yeah, I was talking about Victini. 2HKOs are fine, but mostly Greens can grab some massive damage, so mostly you’ll get OHKOs.

NateDoge

Aspiring Trainer
I've been doing some testing with my local group and this is the list I'm currently on:

Pokemon:
1x Blacephalon GX
4x Blacephalon
Total: 5

Supporters:
4x Green's
4x Welder
1x Guzma
Total: 9

Stadiums:
2x Ultra Space
1x Heat Factory
Total: 3

Items:
4x Fiery Flint
4x Fire Crystal
4x Pokegear
4x Acro bike
3x Wishful Baton
3x Energy Retrieval
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Beast Ring
1x Nest Ball
1x Field Blower
1x Pal Pad
Total: 29

Energy:
13x Fire
1x Beast
Total: 14

Still doing some more testing before internationals this week.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Very nice list (the last one) !
It is very closed to mine actually.

Would you consider the inclusion of Energy Spinner ?
Going second, this card is sooooo great on the first turn. I almost always include it in my first Green's Exploration.
Moreover, it is never a dead card.

Also, 13 basic fire energies seem a bit on the low side. Have you ever felt the need to go a bit higher ?
I personally play 15 basic energies.

My changes would be :

-1 Fiery Flint (once you played the first one, sometimes the second, it becomes totally useless)
-1 Beast Energy (Both Baby clowns and Fire Crystals will make a better use of a simple basic energy)
-1 Pal Pad (I have never tested this card in this deck, I may be wrong about it :p )

+1 Energy Spinner
+2 Fire Energies

Good luck with this deck, I really love it !

NateDoge

Aspiring Trainer
Very nice list (the last one) !
It is very closed to mine actually.

Would you consider the inclusion of Energy Spinner ?
Going second, this card is sooooo great on the first turn. I almost always include it in my first Green's Exploration.
Moreover, it is never a dead card.

Also, 13 basic fire energies seem a bit on the low side. Have you ever felt the need to go a bit higher ?
I personally play 15 basic energies.

My changes would be :

-1 Fiery Flint (once you played the first one, sometimes the second, it becomes totally useless)
-1 Beast Energy (Both Baby clowns and Fire Crystals will make a better use of a simple basic energy)
-1 Pal Pad (I have never tested this card in this deck, I may be wrong about it :p )

+1 Energy Spinner
+2 Fire Energies

Good luck with this deck, I really love it !

I did have energy spinner in my early lists, but I feel that in every other instance besides my first turn going 2nd I would rather have a fiery flint. In your changes you suggested taking out a flint for energy spinner, but if it's not my first turn going 2nd and I use welder I'd rather draw flint instead of spinner. Having 4 flints and a spinner would be great but I'm not sure what to sacrifice for it.

I am also considering dropping the beast energy as well, I feel like I'm not too strapped for fire energy with 13, but more wouldn't hurt.

I like Pal Pad so I can put Welders back and be able to have a better chance to Pokegear into them if needed. Recycling Green is helpful too as well as Guzma in some matchups.

Thanks for the input :)