Top 8 Finalists Announced for Pokemon TCG Illustration Grandprix!

They were all good and I was glad to see a lot of different art. When it comes down to it, I don't really mind what won, since it was up to the judges and what they liked. I'm actually quite a fan of the illustration that won, the colors are really nice. Even if it's not my personal favorite, and I'd honestly have loved for all of them to have gotten on cards (especially those Zards since I'm a dirty Charizard collector), I'm still happy for the person who won it.

See, some people can art, like these people.
I cannot.
I can attempt to draw a Pikachu and it will end up looking like a sad waffle.

There was a sick ho-oh in top 50 that deserved to win imho

The thing I learned was TPC doesn't like birds so Ho-Oh was never going to win so the people who drew it never had a chance against fan service and the new mascot.

I love how we have all these talented artists and yet we still get cards with; clay Pokemon, yarn Pokemon and stock Ken Sugimori art Pokemon. Priorities, am I right?

I love how we have all these talented artists and yet we still get cards with; clay Pokemon, yarn Pokemon and stock Ken Sugimori art Pokemon. Priorities, am I right?
Implying that it doesn't take skill and talent to make the clay and yarn Pokemon? And that Ken Sugimori is a bad artist or is unfit to be included in the TCG, just because it's stock art?

Yuka Morii and Asako Ito are doing unique art that no other artist in the Pokemon TCG is doing, I'll take that over bland 5ban CGI anytime.

The thing I learned was TPC doesn't like birds so Ho-Oh was never going to win so the people who drew it never had a chance against fan service and the new mascot.
Then why did they make it one of the choices to draw? This wasn't a free choose your Pokemon contest, they were given a specific few choices and Ho-oh was among them.

Yuka Morii and Asako Ito are doing unique art that no other artist in the Pokemon TCG is doing, I'll take that over bland 5ban CGI anytime.

Then why did they make it one of the choices to draw? This wasn't a free choose your Pokemon contest, they were given a specific few choices and Ho-oh was among them.

They can give the choice but they knew what they were going for. Its like bragging that Pikachu Libre was a popular pick when your only choices were Pikachu forms.

Back