An Anonymous User Accurately Predicted Today's 'Pokemon Sword & Shield' Info

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Some guy saw the Direct information early and posted all of the information with some other info to make themselves seem like a leaker.

Nothing to see here, move along. Come back when any further information comes out and maybe we can discuss the legitimacy of this """leak""".
May 23 is quite early to see a direct that probably wasnt filmed until like this last week...

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Some guy saw the Direct information early and posted all of the information with some other info to make themselves seem like a leaker.

Nothing to see here, move along. Come back when any further information comes out and maybe we can discuss the legitimacy of this """leak""".

Also it's not like this leak actually adds anything really valuable. At least to me. It is mostly what we already saw in the trailer plus bits of extra details that are mostly not interesting or not saying much. Which actually might mean it is real. After all, if you are going out of your way to fake a leak, I would imagine you post more than "there is a monkey Pokemon that throws berries at you sometimes when you shake a tree".

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I really hope they don't require the multiplayer section, and I really really hope that the "pokemon in the wild" isn't only available in the multiplayer area.

I don't play the Pokémon RPG for multiplayer aspects, and don't want them. I hated the brief forced interaction with the multiplayer region in Sun and Moon (or was it only USUM?), and definitely don't want my kids playing with anyone else.

That said, it's Nintendo, so I assume only people on your Friends list will appear there - so that's fine, we have a total of one person on our friends list so that'll be simpler. :)

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I really hope they don't require the multiplayer section, and I really really hope that the "pokemon in the wild" isn't only available in the multiplayer area.

I don't play the Pokémon RPG for multiplayer aspects, and don't want them. I hated the brief forced interaction with the multiplayer region in Sun and Moon (or was it only USUM?), and definitely don't want my kids playing with anyone else.

That said, it's Nintendo, so I assume only people on your Friends list will appear there - so that's fine, we have a total of one person on our friends list so that'll be simpler. :)

I think it will be entirely optional. I don't see them forcing people to play online partly because of the exact reason you mentioned.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
@mirdo BLUE SEAGULLLLLL
"Blue seagull"...
MIRDO
You could see it in the direct if you look hard enough, at least if you’re talking about Wingull...
He didn’t mention Goomy. SHAME
Now announcing the Favorite Pokémon poll!: top 10 get to get Gigantamaxed!
I’m guessing 3 starters, Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, two Legendaries, the third Legendary, and whatever the Team Yell leader’s best Pokémon is.
Team Yell: infamous for drive-by catcalls. Watch out for their leader, Old Yeller.

Last edited:

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think it will be entirely optional. I don't see them forcing people to play online partly because of the exact reason you mentioned.
They forced you to do Festival Plaza in Sun and Moon, though. Not very much, but they did force you to do the first bit of it.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
They forced you to do Festival Plaza in Sun and Moon, though. Not very much, but they did force you to do the first bit of it.

iirc you only had to go over the instructions connect to the internet and then you could simply leave the place and go on with the game.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
iirc you only had to go over the instructions connect to the internet and then you could simply leave the place and go on with the game.
Absolutely, but the way the above suggests, this area won't be nearly as unimportant - it will be how you get from some places to some other places in-game. That's my worry... hopefully you're right though.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Absolutely, but the way the above suggests, this area won't be nearly as unimportant - it will be how you get from some places to some other places in-game. That's my worry... hopefully you're right though.
It has been confirmed that the internet thing is 100% optional. If you are not connected for a dynamax battle, the game gives you cpu’s To fight with you.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur
-------------------
Yeah that sounds made up
--------------------
Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
-----------------
So Locke Ness Monster anyone?

OnGaard

Aspiring Trainer
Btw "pure fighter" was mistyped. What is actually meant is "pure fire" and that's just for the stage 1 Evo.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I know this might be a bit of a reach; but on the subject of the Gyms this leaker talks about:
-The Galar map has 3 Gyms kind of close together - the Grass gym, a (presumably) Water gym, and something that looks to either be Ground or Rock. It's not unfeasible that those are the first three.
-Considering the leaker mentions Nessa's gym has a water maze challenge, it's probably accurate to say that she's the Water Gym Leader.
-Kabu is slightly more unpredictable because there's no real indicator of what type they use from their challenge, but for the purposes of this I'm gonna say they're probably the Ground-or-Rock Gym Leader.
-The leaker mentions the fourth Gym is Fairy type. On the map, slightly above the Ground-or-Rock looking Gym, there's a small town with a Gym that has purple colours on it; normally I'd associate that colour with Poison or Psychic, but Fairy could fit as well. The town it's in has got large, brightly coloured mushrooms - normally those might indicate Grass, but since we know that's taken, Fairy is my next best bet for it. Which would fit with what the leaker said.

also on a slightly random note, from what I can see on the map there are only 6 gyms; the 4 I've talked about, one in the mountain regions (above and slightly to the right of what looks to be the Water one - but even though they're close together, Ice type gyms have typically always been reserved for later in the game, although it is also entirely possible we have a more earlier one this time), and one in the large city (it's coloured red, but it does look slightly different that the others so it might be something else). Could it be possible that there are less Gyms in this region than we're used to? (although it's also possible I've just not noticed them, or they're a bit more hidden from sight for whatever reason)

It's probably a very big stretch, but it could potentially indicate that maybe this leaker has some correct info.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer

Well don't you look like a clown!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
How DARE the leaker call a Pokémon clearly based on a cormorant a "seagull"! Such uncultured swine!