SM11 Miracle Twins!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
tumblr_pel7uf27qC1xop8gio2_500.gif

FaiL0rd4

Aspiring Trainer
(Hem hem Jirachi)
This is OP with Nagaquag. Evolve from Wimpod, retrieve 4 water energy from the discard pile, move them to Golisopod, and after you attack with it, it can retreat for free on the next turn if you move 2 energy via Quagsire.

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
This is OP with Nagaquag. Evolve from Wimpod, retrieve 4 water energy from the discard pile, move them to Golisopod, and after you attack with it, it can retreat for free on the next turn if you move 2 energy via Quagsire.

Quag Nag can't recover 4 energy from the discard in one turn, but even if it could, it can only move energy to the active so Golisopod won't be getting a free retreat. In any case, it'd probably be difficult to run another Stage 1 in Quag Nag (which already is slow to set up)

Y'all are saying Great Potion is terrible but I think Great Potion could make for an interesting tech option. 50 HP healing may be enough to turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs which can be a big deal. It's a lot more playable than Giant Bomb to say the least.

Great Potion is great vs decks that aim for 2HKOs. Giant Bomb has a lot of potential vs decks whose main attackers go for one-shots.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
THAT GOLISOPOD IS BUSTED.

Imagine a zapdos that does 180.
THAT IS GOLISOPOD.

Yes, it's a stage 1 and it needs 2 attachments but AQUA PATCH.

CapnKrunkCereal

Aspiring Trainer
Could this Aegislash help Tool Drop Doublade? The HP jump isn't that great, but with Memory Energy or Shining Celebi, you can still use tool drop, then get the whole line back into your hand.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Could this Aegislash help Tool Drop Doublade? The HP jump isn't that great, but with Memory Energy or Shining Celebi, you can still use tool drop, then get the whole line back into your hand.
Eh, I'm not seeing it in Tool Drop. I'd rather use TEU Aegislash with Shining Celebi because it has 10 extra HP plus an ability that reduces damage by 40 more. Plus, it's Metal so it benefits from Metal Goggles/Metal Frying Pan. Also, it can use Metal Core Barrier to effectively require 250 damage to OHKO.

The best way to use this Aegislash is in its own deck, probably with Meganium. If you use Recycle Energy, you can really consistently put 130-200 damage on the board each turn (depending on Incineroar and Spell Tag).

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
Eh, I'm not seeing it in Tool Drop. I'd rather use TEU Aegislash with Shining Celebi because it has 10 extra HP plus an ability that reduces damage by 40 more, and it's a Steel-type so it benefits from Metal Goggles/Metal Frying Pan. Also, it can use Metal Core Barrier to effectively require 250 damage to OHKO.

The best way to use this Aegislash is in its own deck, probably with Meganium. If you use Recycle Energy, you can really consistently put 130-200 damage on the board each turn (depending on Incineroar and Spell Tag).

This seems good. And because the deck is self-sufficient, that leaves room to run items like Crushing Hammers and Judge Whistles for Hand disruption, which also helps power up Aegislash.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
This seems good. And because the deck is self-sufficient, that leaves room to run items like Crushing Hammers and Judge Whistles for Hand disruption, which also helps power up Aegislash.

I was thinking about going for disruption with Crushing Hammers and maybe a Faba, but the mock-up list for the idea I had is tight on space. I guess Jirachi wouldn't be required, but I'd be afraid of consistency issues since it's a Stage 2 deck idea. I'm currently thinking 4 each of Bike, Whistle, and Pokegear could help power up Aegislash quickly and improve consistency. It can use Morty too though, which is also a neat disruption tool against a lot of decks. There's definitely a solid deck there with all the deck thinning items available right now and the Meganium/Swampert engine. I'm really excited to try it out, honestly. Marshadow's rotation can give Stage 2 decks a chance to breathe.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
TAE was meant for Golisopod. It fills the 3 [C] energy requirement, and then is discarded, so you can free retreat Golisopod (and into another Golisopod if you wish).

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
How DARE they not release the Fossils immediately after the Fossil Stadium....

The wait continues....

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Well the whole base set should be revealed tomorrow, so the wait won't be much longer. lol

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Golisopod - 180 for 4 is nice. You are not KO ing most TTGX, but it counters Reshizard. Use TCE to pay the atk cost and since it is discarded after you atk, you have Free Retreat due to ability. Retreat to Jirachi and do 180 again. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Great Potion - ehh you should do "Heal all damage for 1 of your Pokemon-GX". 1-2 Geodudes.