SM11 Miracle Twins!

That Misty's Request made me audibly gasp when I realized she is standing in a clamshell, that's adorable! I just NEED to see the FA version! Who knows if I'll actually get a copy, but I HAVE to see it at least.

Dark City is also a nice looking card, can't wait to get an FA version.... oh wait, we're in America.

I love her work generally but the new Lapras looks a bit off to me. It happens sometimes when so much detail is packed into such a tiny window of space, but she's still a fantastic artist!

Misty's Search means that Chatelaine lady energy spam is incredibly more consistent now (even though the attachments are so luck based). Before you needed to use Mallow and draw support in the form of Judge Whistle or the like in order to get the Ladies on your hand, but now you can fetch the 3 you are missing after Lt Surge and use Morgan much more consistently.

Guess Rayquaza/Morgan will become much much better.

I love her work generally but the new Lapras looks a bit off to me. It happens sometimes when so much detail is packed into such a tiny window of space, but she's still a fantastic artist!

That's typically what Himeno is able to do so so well IMO, the Dewgong from Unbroken Bonds for instance, however, I'm also looking at the dimensions of Misty herself on the card and I'm starting to think that this was done with purpose, given how the two figures compliment one another.

Necrozma, just the card I needed to complete my Alola section of the Pokémon TCG. So pleased they're finally releasing a KANTONIAN Exeggutor.

My card now in English bro yeah for Necromza!

I was kidding yo

Please make MEGA CHARIZARD X GX IN A TAG TEAM WITH A DRAGON TYPE OR FIRE TYPE PLEASE!

This would probably happen 1 in 20 times but you could use Exeggutor to discard your hand, and then do something with Archie, and use Lele and Pokegear to find it? Probably a bad idea though.

This would probably happen 1 in 20 times but you could use Exeggutor to discard your hand, and then do something with Archie, and use Lele and Pokegear to find it? Probably a bad idea though.
You could use it in Expanded with Magcargo. Not worth it, but Cargo also allows draw with Blaine. Still a terrible idea

Misty's Request certainly makes the Chatelaines a lot better, but what about Whitney? Add 2 Whitney's w/ Request, pitch them with Dedenne GX and make your remaining Whitney's live? Could be good for drawing hands for Stage 2 Decks?

With Incineroar accleration, SableEye-Tyranitar could prove a threat.... until fighting comes back in style. (also, if you could find a way to use the GX, milling 15 cards, a quarter of a deck, in one turn is ridiculous)

With Incineroar accleration, SableEye-Tyranitar could prove a threat.... until fighting comes back in style. (also, if you could find a way to use the GX, milling 15 cards, a quarter of a deck, in one turn is ridiculous)

Yeah, it might steal a game or two if your opponent's thinned their deck too much

Why isn't Necrozma an ultra beast? I only played Pokemon Sun but it was an ultra beast in that game.
Within the lore, Necrozma and the Cosmog family are related to the Ultra Beasts but aren't exactly "true" UBs themselves. Maybe this is the TCG's way of referencing that ambiguity? Could also be their way of distinguishing the forms, like how Cobalion, Virizion, and Keldeo never get Fighting cards in order to keep them distinct from Terrakion and each other, Thundurus and Landorus are never Colorless, Solgaleo is never Psychic to distinguish it from Lunala, Dusk Mane and Ultra Necrozma have yet to be Psychic, etc.

Personally I wish they did make this card an Ultra Beast. The way I see it, if you're going to make a new mechanic, you might as well include as many Pokemon as possible in order to maintain the relevance of the cards specifically designed to support/counter that mechanic.
And right after I commended Miracle Twins for Fighting Heracross and Terrakion, today we get our 12th Exeggutor and 22nd Necrozma cards from Gen 7, so I'm back to my default form of:
It's the first Kantonian Exeggutor of SM, the first Psychic Exeggutor since HGSS, and the first non-GX base form Necrozma so I can forgive the favoritism in this instance, despite how much I want new cards for neglected Pokemon like Sunflora and Archeops. Plus current generation bias is understandable; it's when the bias becomes eternal like Darkrai that it starts to irk me. lol

That title was so appealing to me lol, I really wanted regular Necrozma & Exeggutor and having them revealed together was just sweet.

Both of them don't hit numbers tag team numbers.
Egg seems clunky. Dicarding your hand means you need a draw support Pokemon. In UPR-UNM we only have Swampert. Clunky... In expanded however we have Octillery and Zoro GX. But Zoro wants a big hand so that's counter productive. Eggmaltillery is 3 large stage 1 lines. No thanks.

Necrozma is 2 shooting as a non GX basic. Not bad. Ok in Mally. Still prefer Giratina

• Yveltal - 120 for DDC, nah. You don't KO Buzzwole and some sort, even you do 3 dmg counters on one of your bench. Expensive, Underpowered, meh. 3 Geodudes
  • Scrafty - Ehh? 140 in the early game in the format that we don't have DCE is okay, and its a Stage 1. 3 Geodudes

That exeggcute is going to make Tropical Shake Exeggutor even better after rotation. Mysterious Treasure can pull the basic psychic Exeggcute and the evolved dragon type Exeggutor from Team Up!

Back