'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Apart from the Shiny Charizard I doubt it'll be THAT bad. Especially in comparison to some of the really expensive things from Gen 2/Gen 3's TCG. I doubt it'll even be as bad as Black and White with how much they'll probably print it.
Don't forget the Ray and the gold tapus. It really depends on how the packs are structured (guaranteed whatever per pack) and what ends up as promos in the products.

I think you're massively jumping to conclusions here. For all we know it could just be a brand new art, and even if it's not it doesn't prove that the set will have some of the cards in it. You do this a lot, where you see one small thing and then take a massive leap from there, followed by stating your speculation as fact. Case in point: the theory that US and Japan would have synced formats going forward that you still state as fact when we don't have confirmation and in fact we know that won't be 100% the case this year due to some reprints in Ultra Prism and Celestial Storm.

Don't forget the Ray and the gold tapus. It really depends on how the packs are structured (guaranteed whatever per pack) and what ends up as promos in the products.
Oh definitely. I'm sure (given that we are getting ultra shiny which would make me very happy) that pull rates, like special sets, could be quite high. Maybe even Generations level if there's THAT much in the set. There could be a distribution of some of the more popular pokemon in products too, but you're right, we'll definitely have to see.

I think you're massively jumping to conclusions here. For all we know it could just be a brand new art, and even if it's not it doesn't prove that the set will have some of the cards in it. You do this a lot, where you see one small thing and then take a massive leap from there, followed by stating your speculation as fact.

While I can see the point of view that WPM is jumping to conclusions about Ultra Shiny in this particular piece of news, other than GX Ultra Shiny there's really not many possibilities left in Japan to source for Hidden Fates card content: GG End, Sky Legends and Miracle Twins all look to be used for Unified Minds, and there's still an English SM12 set to fill up after both Minds and Fates (when at this point we only know of the mini-set Remix Bout, and there doesn't seem to be an August subset happening this year). Something like GX Ultra Shiny also fits Shining Legends and Dragon Majesty as something special to make up the annual subset we've gotten for the last few years, and the number of cards we never got from Ultra Shiny lends perfectly to a set the same size as those last two.

Last edited:
I think you're massively jumping to conclusions here. For all we know it could just be a brand new art, and even if it's not it doesn't prove that the set will have some of the cards in it. You do this a lot, where you see one small thing and then take a massive leap from there, followed by stating your speculation as fact. Case in point: the theory that US and Japan would have synced formats going forward that you still state as fact when we don't have confirmation and in fact we know that won't be 100% the case this year due to some reprints in Ultra Prism and Celestial Storm.

There could be a second Glaceon-GX. But the amount of mental gymnastics you have to do is extreme. I think WPM's post is completely justified.

TPCI's goal is to make money. Fans loved GX Ultra Shiny more than any other set in recent years. You're telling me TPCI is going to pass up an opportunity to make bank on a set like that? It makes perfect sense to release it over the holidays in special products. They'll make more money that way. They've been doing that the past few years.... if any set fits that motive, it's Ultra Shiny. A special set to chase during the holidays.

And why would Japan introduce another Glaceon-GX when we've already had one? Or another alternate art version of one? And why Glaceon before any of the other Eeveelutions that are much more popular?

And what are they going to use for Hidden Fates? They could use Remix Bout, but we have an SM12 set in November that needs to be filled (like Frost touched on).

It would be *much* more shocking if we *didn't* get Ultra Shiny. Based on what we know of past patterns and how TPCI thinks. To the point where it's ridiculous to even consider that possibility, currently. That's why I think WPM's story is fully justified. It *could* turn out to be wrong, but that would only be if TPCI does a massive course-change. Right now there's no real reason to think that without incredible mental gymnastics. So I think WPM's logic is completely reasonable until there's evidence otherwise.

Have we ever even had a Full Art as a Tin Promo before?

I feel like it's much more likely either another new west-exclusive art, or not new art at all. That's what tin promos have done for a long time now (barring the occasional outright new promo, which the Ultra Shiny cards are not). Why would they break this pattern? Especially given there are a LOT of Ultra Shiny cards, and very few of them would become tin promos. It doesn't really make sense for them to split them up like that, that typically only ever happens with box sets. Assuming they're the Ultra Shiny cards is a bigger leap than expecting the status quo.

Also, given the way this "leaked", it's always possible the source is just mistaken and this is just a re-release of the previous Eeveelution tins or something and they simply forgot there was a Glaceon tin or legitimately thought it was a new Glaceon tin and not a rehash.

There is zero indication these are the Ultra Shiny cards, and I'd say more points to them not being tin promos than them being tin promos. I could be wrong, but this is certainly not proof Ultra Shiny's coming in any way.

Have we ever even had a Full Art as a Tin Promo before?
The last tins that came out had full arts.

I feel like it's much more likely either another new west-exclusive art, or not new art at all. That's what tin promos have done for a long time now (barring the occasional outright new promo, which the Ultra Shiny cards are not). Why would they break this pattern?
Again, with the last set of tins, they already broke that pattern.

There is zero indication these are the Ultra Shiny cards, and I'd say more points to them not being tin promos than them being tin promos. I could be wrong, but this is certainly not proof Ultra Shiny's coming in any way.
Sure, it's not "proof", but with it being released along with this year's special set, it's highly likely we're getting Ultra Shiny cards. Why would they not release them in the west?? Cards we've had as west-exclusive release in Japan in time. Major sets exclusive to Japan release in the West over time. BoXY's full arts got released in the west eventually, why wouldn't Ultra Shiny's cards come to the west? It'd be an incredibly good business move for Pokemon to do so.

Oh definitely. I'm sure (given that we are getting ultra shiny which would make me very happy) that pull rates, like special sets, could be quite high. Maybe even Generations level if there's THAT much in the set. There could be a distribution of some of the more popular pokemon in products too, but you're right, we'll definitely have to see.
Ok, if the pull rates are like Generations, then I'd be down. Those were so high it was almost boring!

Radiant Collection pull rates or nothing!

(The shiny Charizard would still shoot up to $100 :confused:)

Unless I'm way off on what this set was in Japan, it looks like it's a lot of cards we already got plus about 100-ish shining cards and GX cards. What exactly would be in this set for us? Just those shining and full art shining GXs?

Honestly, if it does include GX Ultra Shiny then why would they all be Alternative? It would make no sense to name a set Hidden Fates, and then nothing having those initials.

Maybe it's why the rotation is before Worlds this year, because they know Hidden Fates is gonna come out right afterward and keep the meta more static than anyone expected. *conspiracy symbols*

Back