'Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution' TCG Tin with Charizard Promo!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Hell yeah, poor Charizard hasn't had a new card in 5 days!

How can we even live without more Charizard prints :(:(:(:(:(

Wolfgirl90

Professor Luna
8 packs in a tin that’s worth roughly 15 dollars?

Well, Japanese booster packs are 162 yen each, which is about $1.50. Multiply this by 8 and you get roughly $12.

The rest of the cost comes from the guide, the promo, the Mewtwo download, and the tin itself.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Yeah because we need a new card of Charizard already. It honestly feels like we're getting one every week now. I mean, remake of the first Pokemon movie and they pick Charizard again instead of the main Pokemon of each Trainer.

Let see what I can do...

"Each tin will include an alternate art Charizard, Pidgeot, Dewgong, and Gyarados promo (originally from previous sets), 4x booster packs of SM10 Double Blaze, 4x packs of GG End, the movie ticket (with a serial code to download Mewtwo to your game), and a guide.

The Charizard, Pidgeot, Dewgong and Gyarados in the artwork are Pokemon Mewtwo clones in the film, used my Trainers to reach New Island, hence the special markings on its skin. We will get more information about the movie on Thursday when Oha Suta airs a segment about the film. The segment will probably feature a new trailer too."

I forgot, Pidgeot will most likely not be in the movie.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm I would've waited to add Miracle Twins to the set and I dunno have that Nurse Joy and Dragonite as a promo, heck even Team Rocket would've been a better promo

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Japanese booster packs are 162 yen each, which is about $1.50. Multiply this by 8 and you get roughly $12.

The rest of the cost comes from the guide, the promo, the Mewtwo download, and the tin itself.
The ticket is a separate purchase, and the mewtwo download is a part of the ticket preorder regardless of the tin, so I would assume the cost of the mewtwo would be a part of the ticket's price, if anything, though I don't think the download would raise the ticket price based on my past experiences.

NoaWithoutaH

Washed Out Senior Playing in Masters
I love that they are printing forgotten Pokemon so much recently! So happy to see that they have stop overprinting cards such as Kadabra and Chingling!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
These stats confirm my chldhood killing life that Charzardtwo, so therefore logcally all the other clones aren't really that sht compared to the orginals. Similar to the Dark (TR/Neo4) variants compared to the debuts.

EDIT - This comment section is gold reading straight after winning two Topps Charizards auctions. It's premeditated psychic circumstantial notion. I haven't bought a Charizard for a long time before this and no, this news & reaction all had to happen this time for this stupid release and reaction.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
*braces for the griping about Gen 1/Charizard/Mewtwo pandering*
It kinda gets pretty old pretty fast, doesn't it? I get it, it's the cool thing to hate gen 1.

I mean, I'm one of the most heavily opinionated people around here so I can't judge. :p

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Yeah it gets old. I'm all for every Pokemon getting their spot in the sun, but popular Pokemon are going to get play because they're popular. Plus this is just a promo for a movie, it's not like Charizard got a 17th GX card.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Actually, Remix Bout probably will have something like that.
It's only really a lot from the set bloating that Sun and Moon gets really.

This does bring up one thing for me-If it gets a Tag Team or something in Remix Bout, I don't think that's really a bad thing though. Especially considering how many obscure pokemon are getting Ultras as of late. It's not like Charizard is the ONLY thing that gets exposure. And, people have to be realistic, popular Pokemon have fans too, and they're going to get cards. I really don't care what Pokemon's on the card, I care if it's got collectible appeal or not.