• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Unbroken Bonds: Pikarom

momand

Aspiring Trainer
This will be the list that I test going forward with Pikarom. Any opinions?
Pokemon:
3x Pikachu & Zekrom GX
2x Zeraora GX
2x Dedenne GX
Dedenne-GX – Lightning – HP160
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Dede Change
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench during your turn, you may discard your hand and draw 6 cards. You can only use 1 Dede Change Ability per turn.

[L][C] Static Shock: 50 damage.

[L][C] Zappy Return GX: 50 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game).

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1
1x Absol TEU
1x Marshadow SLG
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Zapdos TEU
1x Tapu Koko (*)
1x Tapu Koko GX

Trainers:
4x Lillie
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x Volkner
1x Giovanni's Exile
Gionvanni’s Exile – Trainer
Supporter

Choose up to 2 of your Benched Pokemon with no damage counters on them. Discard those Pokemon and all cards attached to them.

You can play only 1 Supporter during your turn (before your attack).

4x Ultra Ball
4x Electropower
4x Energy Switch
3x Electromagnetic Radar
Electromagnetic Radar – Trainer
Item

Discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, search your deck for up to 2 in any combination of [L] Pokemon-GX or [L] Pokemon-EX, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
2x Choice Band
2x Nest Ball

1x Aether Paradise Conservation Area
1x Thunder Mountain (*)

Energy:
12x Lightning Energy

Last edited:

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
  • You only really need Electromagnetic Radar to get a pair of PikaRoms or a PikaRom and a Zeraora-GX on the board, so you only really need 2 Electromagnetic Radars.
  • The main reason why PikaRom decks are able to flow so well is because Jirachis let you hoard Switch cards and fish for Electropowers and Thunder Mountain. You take out Jirachi, and it makes landing any clean hits with Zapdos a lot harder, and you NEED that chip damage if you're going against opposing Tag Team decks like Greninja/Zoroark.
  • Your ideal situation is to constantly be attacking with Zapdos against small Pokemon decks, overwhelming with Full Blitz against regular GX decks, or landing chip damage with Zapdos only to finish with Full Blitz and Tag Bolt-GX against decks based around Tag Teams. If you're only running 1 Zapdos, you are going to get 100% aped by anything that runs baby Buzz or Lucario-GX, so, basically, some Zapdos variants, Lost March, and some Zoroark variants, and 2 out of 3 of those are pretty common.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
Also I know it’s not very prevalent but vileplume could still be poking it’s head back with all these basic tag teams. You auto loose to it. I also think you can afford to drop an energy for something else. Also I see you starting with either dedenne, lele or marshadow a lot! I would cut those down and maybe increase the Giovanni by one to make sure you can get rid of them. Another idea is to add a stretcher or two to get dedenne or someone back Incase you need them.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
  • You only really need Electromagnetic Radar to get a pair of PikaRoms or a PikaRom and a Zeraora-GX on the board, so you only really need 2 Electromagnetic Radars.
  • The main reason why PikaRom decks are able to flow so well is because Jirachis let you hoard Switch cards and fish for Electropowers and Thunder Mountain. You take out Jirachi, and it makes landing any clean hits with Zapdos a lot harder, and you NEED that chip damage if you're going against opposing Tag Team decks like Greninja/Zoroark.
  • Your ideal situation is to constantly be attacking with Zapdos against small Pokemon decks, overwhelming with Full Blitz against regular GX decks, or landing chip damage with Zapdos only to finish with Full Blitz and Tag Bolt-GX against decks based around Tag Teams. If you're only running 1 Zapdos, you are going to get 100% aped by anything that runs baby Buzz or Lucario-GX, so, basically, some Zapdos variants, Lost March, and some Zoroark variants, and 2 out of 3 of those are pretty common.
I personally hate the playstyle of Pikarom/Zapdos and prefer turbo much better.

I agree with your point on only playing 2 EMR. Gonna cut 1.
I'm not that worried about Zoroninja going forward because this deck can outspeed simply by KOing Incineroars and dealing with Littens early game with Zapdos or Jolteon GX (which is a card that I'm adding). As with your point with attacking with Zapdos, that's not the main point of this deck. This is a turbo version of Pikarom, it doesn't really focus on getting 2 hit knockouts with Zapdos. It's also not that hard to play around Cario or Buzz with only 1 Zapdos

Also I know it’s not very prevalent but vileplume could still be poking it’s head back with all these basic tag teams. You auto loose to it. I also think you can afford to drop an energy for something else. Also I see you starting with either dedenne, lele or marshadow a lot! I would cut those down and maybe increase the Giovanni by one to make sure you can get rid of them. Another idea is to add a stretcher or two to get dedenne or someone back Incase you need them.
Vileplume can be dealt with using Let Loose or Guzma-ing Oddish early game. I'm also not that worried about Plume bc Regi/Hoopa is becoming leagues more popular.

Here's my changes:
-1 Volkner
-1 EMR
-1 Nest Ball

+1 Eevee SUM
+1 Jolteon GX
+1 Field Blower (helps against ZoroControl to deal with Dumbbells)

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I understand that and I think gigas stall is a better stall than vileplume but it is still out there and if they bench two oddish then you would HAVE to respond with a marshadow and hope and pray the other doesn’t evolve next turn

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I guess I look at decks at a regional level than just league cups. I don’t go to regionals but only play in the monthly pokebeach tourney which there are always stall in there and you never know what variant someone is going to make.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I understand that and I think gigas stall is a better stall than vileplume but it is still out there and if they bench two oddish then you would HAVE to respond with a marshadow and hope and pray the other doesn’t evolve next turn

I guess I look at decks at a regional level than just league cups. I don’t go to regionals but only play in the monthly pokebeach tourney which there are always stall in there and you never know what variant someone is going to make.
I definitely see your point, and Jolteon helps with the Plume MU quite a bit. My list plays a lot of different ways to beat it (Pikarom for Regi/Wailkarp, Marshadow for HAND, Zapdos for Hoopa, Jolteon for Plume), and the only way they can truly respond is by consistently getting Lusamine/Plumeria and the deck just straight up bricking.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I actually believe that a 1-1 Persian GX line would actually be pretty good in this list. Immediate Teammates is broke.
Here's my new list:
Pokemon:
3x Pikachu & Zekrom GX
2x Zeraora GX
2x Dedenne GX
1x Marshadow SLG
1x Absol TEU
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Tapu Koko (*)
1x Tapu Koko GX
1x Eevee SUM
1x Jolteon GX
1x Meowth UNB
1x Persian GX

Trainers:
4x Lillie
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x Volkner

4x Ultra Ball
4x Electropower
4x Energy Switch
2x Electromagnetic Radar
2x Choice Band
1x Nest Ball
1x Field Blower

1x Viridian Forest
1x Thunder Mountain (*)

Energy:
11x Lightning Energy

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
You need more Volkners, Volkners are insane with Dedenne-GX and Lillie and give you really good flexibility. Here are my suggestions:
+2 Volkner
-1 Viridian Forest (not necessary with Volkner)
Chose between a 2-1 line of Jolteon-GX or Persian-GX and get rid of the other one freeing up 1 space (1-1 lines are not particularly effective)
+1 Nest Ball (your deck is mostly basics)
-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Switch (Volkner can search them and let you move around more effectively)
-1 Absol (Not a stall deck)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
You need more Volkners, Volkners are insane with Dedenne-GX and Lillie and give you really good flexibility. Here are my suggestions:
+2 Volkner
-1 Viridian Forest (not necessary with Volkner)
Chose between a 2-1 line of Jolteon-GX or Persian-GX and get rid of the other one freeing up 1 space (1-1 lines are not particularly effective)
+1 Nest Ball (your deck is mostly basics)
-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Switch (Volkner can search them and let you move around more effectively)
-1 Absol (Not a stall deck)
Volkner is kind of only there to get EMR or Electropower. Running 4 makes the deck extremely clunky imo, especially when you’d rather be using Lillie or Cynthia some turns.
Viridian is absolutely necessary as a counter to Shrine and Wondrous Labyrinth.
I guess 2 Nest Ball is fine, but EMR and Ultra Ball are MUCH more applicable to most situations.
Playing a 1-1 Jolteon is fine bc you have Energy Evolution and don’t have to wait or Ultra Ball to evolve. Persian is a luxury not a necessity and its ability doesn’t stack so a 1-1 is fine.
Switch isn’t necessary bc the deck plays Zeraora and Guzma.
Absol is a necessity for the already somewhat difficult Zapdos matchup. It skews the matchup in Pikarom’s favor.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I didn’t think about it either until I accidentally benched it while online and noticed the tool was x’d. Then the light bulb turned on