Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Week 2 Power of Veto: Six Temptations
@Geyde and @VioletValkyrie have been nominated for eviction and we will be moving into the Power of Veto competition.
The participants in this competition will be:
Head of Household: @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Nominee: @Geyde
Nominee: @VioletValkyrie
Random Draw: @Vom
Random Draw: @bbninjas
Random Draw: @GM DracLord

For this competition, there are these six prizes laid out in front of you:
Diamond Power of Veto-The player who chooses this will get the power this week to keep the nominations the same or take one of the nominees off the block, but the winner of the Diamond POV will get to choose the replacement nominee. This will be used before the Normal POV.
Normal Power of Veto-The player who chooses this will get the power this week to keep the nominations the same or take one of the nominees off the block and force the HOH to make a replacement nominee. This will be used this week after the Diamond POV (if it has been selected).
HoH Advantage-The player who chooses this will get an advantage in the next HOH competition.
Automatic POV Draw-The player who chooses this will automatically be chosen in the random draw for any future Power of Veto competition.
One Week Immunity-The player who chooses this will be revealed publicly, and have immunity from being nominated on Week 3.
Two Week Vote Swap-The player who chooses this will gain the ability to secretly swap the votes either this week or Week 3, evicting the nominee who would have been safe.

Each of you may choose one of the prizes, which you will select via PM with me. If more than one player selects the same prize, the players who chose that prize will be informed of this and nobody will win it. The winners of the Diamond Power of Veto, Normal Power of Veto, and One Week Immunity will be public, but the winners of the other prizes will not.

You have 36 hours to speak in-thread about your choice and select your prize. All players, even those not in this competition, may discuss this competition in-thread, along with discussing the game as a whole.

Thanks to those who did so for posting more in the last 24 hours. Keep this up.

P.S. @Nyora has yet to like the role confirmation post and officially sub in.

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
First, sorry for not ISOing last night. Something came up and I'm fairly busy today as well, so ISOs may not happen. That said, right now they'd possibly clog up the thread: we've actually got a topic discussion going.

Second, there's no excuses for anyone except the player we nominate to choose the Diamond PoV to choose the Diamond PoV or Normal PoV. If you do, you're gonna die. We'll figure out who did it by process of elimination as the other prizes reveal themselves over the course of the game. We should also put another player on the Normal PoV as a backup for security in this particular phase, in case scum misplay and try to block the PoV from being used. Considering I scumread Geyde, I also think blocking PoV is negative for the scum team, as if no one gets veto'd, Geyde stays on the block.

My nominations for these powers are @bbninjas for diamond and @VioletValkyrie for normal, as I townread you both. There are no downsides to this plan, because if the player who gets the PoV doesn't follow the town consensus, they will die at the earliest opportunity by virtue of their outing themselves as scum.

I would also recommend that we put two players on the 2-week vote swap, to stop it coming into play. It only benefits scum. The players I would nominate to do this are @Geyde and @Vom, as they are my two biggest scum reads. If one of them doesn't choose the 2-week vote swap, we will know who it is once the 2-week vote swap is used (or it bars it from being used as the scum won't want to reveal themselves, which achieves the same end).

Finally, I'd recommend @GM DracLord take the HoH Advantage, as I know from previous The Challenge seasons that he is good at challenges, and I think he will listen to town consensus or at least discuss what he wants to do with the rest of us, meaning if he gets to be HoH next week we won't have another Nick situation like we have had here. And then I'd recommend @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK take the Automatic PoV Draw by default; giving immunity to any player is dangerous in this game as it limits options, and again only really helps scum. If the player's town, and we begin actually working as a town and discussing things, the townie probably won't get nominated anyway.

Thoughts?

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Thoughts?

Not against this, though I don't like the thought of just leaving Nick on default until he gives nom reasons. Might get new information there and give him a better reasoning to nominate him for one of these.

Only problem is, no matter who we nominate for these prizes someone could go against that and kinda ruin everything, that's the big thing I'm worried about with this.

NP isn't giving me standard competitions, and I signed up for this game just so I could win comps.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
We should also put another player on the Normal PoV as a backup for security in this particular phase, in case scum misplay and try to block the PoV from being used. Considering I scumread Geyde, I also think blocking PoV is negative for the scum team, as if no one gets veto'd, Geyde stays on the block.
I agree with your nominations and reasoning, but man you oughta stop telling scum how to not get caught. :L The only thing is I think if anything Drac will listen, but won't talk too much about it.

Also Violet if someone did they'd have a lot to explain as it wouldn't be hard to narrow down who it was seeing as three of the winners will be made public.

Celever

Wheeeee~
12 hours since last post. Nice.

Not signing off on the plan is not an excuse not to partake in the plan. If you're not checking the gamethread once a day we will kill you anyway.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Not signing off on the plan is not an excuse not to partake in the plan. If you're not checking the gamethread once a day we will kill you anyway.

I wish. Speaking of deaths, is there a night phase? I thought there was, but the way the weeks are structured suggests that there is not, and there is no nightkill by extension.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
First, sorry for not ISOing last night. Something came up and I'm fairly busy today as well, so ISOs may not happen. That said, right now they'd possibly clog up the thread: we've actually got a topic discussion going.

Second, there's no excuses for anyone except the player we nominate to choose the Diamond PoV to choose the Diamond PoV or Normal PoV. If you do, you're gonna die. We'll figure out who did it by process of elimination as the other prizes reveal themselves over the course of the game. We should also put another player on the Normal PoV as a backup for security in this particular phase, in case scum misplay and try to block the PoV from being used. Considering I scumread Geyde, I also think blocking PoV is negative for the scum team, as if no one gets veto'd, Geyde stays on the block.

My nominations for these powers are @bbninjas for diamond and @VioletValkyrie for normal, as I townread you both. There are no downsides to this plan, because if the player who gets the PoV doesn't follow the town consensus, they will die at the earliest opportunity by virtue of their outing themselves as scum.

I would also recommend that we put two players on the 2-week vote swap, to stop it coming into play. It only benefits scum. The players I would nominate to do this are @Geyde and @Vom, as they are my two biggest scum reads. If one of them doesn't choose the 2-week vote swap, we will know who it is once the 2-week vote swap is used (or it bars it from being used as the scum won't want to reveal themselves, which achieves the same end).

Finally, I'd recommend @GM DracLord take the HoH Advantage, as I know from previous The Challenge seasons that he is good at challenges, and I think he will listen to town consensus or at least discuss what he wants to do with the rest of us, meaning if he gets to be HoH next week we won't have another Nick situation like we have had here. And then I'd recommend @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK take the Automatic PoV Draw by default; giving immunity to any player is dangerous in this game as it limits options, and again only really helps scum. If the player's town, and we begin actually working as a town and discussing things, the townie probably won't get nominated anyway.

Thoughts?
As much as i think this idea is favourable, its almost impossible for us to planned all to pick differently, however i dont mind pre picking in thread if the other 5 agreed. Or atleast half of us could agree to pick between 2 that would not be the same as one another

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thanks for the comment Drac! I think you're right, we don't have time to coordinate especially not with 12 hours left on the clock.

Eitherway, I will be voting for the Diamond power so please don't vote that. :<

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Is there a reason you want the more powerful ability, or is it just the most enticing choice to you?

There's also so many factors to those choices that switch things up way more than makes me comfortable to speculate on.
Is it wrong for me to feel confused about this game as a whole?

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Also to the comment of this being just like a discord server, I'd disagree. On a discord server i could reply to whatever was the last thing said, and everything youve missed since then (which was a bit convoluted with my thoughts of the mechanics and scumhunting, but nonetheless a cluster of "Okay, i guess i should publically react to this to contribute") becomes apart of whatever you want to say.

Also i majorily post on phone, so direct replies to multiple posts take far more time than simply posting

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Also no one seems to care that i said this? Are you empathizing, are you upset with my decision?
Surely someone has something to say with me literally denying 10ish pages of the game. I recognize my fault in doing so, so surely there's some sort of debate to come from such a choice

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Is there a reason you want the more powerful ability, or is it just the most enticing choice to you?

I think it makes a lot of sense. Cel townread both me and bb, and giving the Diamond PoV would be better for bb as he's the more experienced one out of the two of us and would probably be better off with it. It's not like bb picked it himself.

Celever

Wheeeee~
We do have time to coordinate it because I coordinated it. Everyone do what I said and it all works out. If people want to object to it, well, bb, Vom, Drac and Vi have all posted without objecting to the proposal, so they've missed their chance. Geyde and Nick are the question marks, but if they don't do as I said by pleading that they never saw it, I will take that to mean their scumchat was too active and ate up all their time so they didn't get round to reading the thread. If they say they disagreed with it and so didn't follow it, then their not exposing their dissatisfaction with the plan to the thread so we could change the plan is also an exclusively scum move, so we've got scum there. So unless they inform us why they're not going with the plan (which frankly they've missed their shot to have their say by now because we're too close to deadline oh well) then they'd best go with the plan.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Geyde and Nick are the question marks, but if they don't do as I said by pleading that they never saw it, I will take that to mean their scumchat was too active and ate up all their time so they didn't get round to reading the thread.

I'm not sure I'd agree with the claim of a scumchat taking up their time just because of how low-discussion this game has been as a whole, haha. That being said I can't really comment on whether or not I think Geyde and/or Nick are scum since I've barely been paying attention until now, and I don't have a better claim to make instead, so I guess I'm just making that thought known.
Otherwise, totally agreed.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Yeeeeah it was hyperbole to basically say I'll tunnel em if they don't go with the plan. It's possibly not optimal play but I'd rather have scum playing the game in the later phases than have town who aren't

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It was because Cel had a plan and I figured it'd be best to stick to that plan. Had he said to pick anything else, I would have picked that 'anything else' instead.

There's also so many factors to those choices that switch things up way more than makes me comfortable to speculate on.
Is it wrong for me to feel confused about this game as a whole?
Nope, it's not wrong at all. I'm confused to. \o/

Also no one seems to care that i said this? Are you empathizing, are you upset with my decision?
Surely someone has something to say with me literally denying 10ish pages of the game. I recognize my fault in doing so, so surely there's some sort of debate to come from such a choice
We're pretty used to having inactives / lurkers and there are many in this game, which would be why there's been little debate of the amount you're posting. If that's what you mean.

We do have time to coordinate it because I coordinated it. Everyone do what I said and it all works out. If people want to object to it, well, bb, Vom, Drac and Vi have all posted without objecting to the proposal, so they've missed their chance. Geyde and Nick are the question marks, but if they don't do as I said by pleading that they never saw it, I will take that to mean their scumchat was too active and ate up all their time so they didn't get round to reading the thread. If they say they disagreed with it and so didn't follow it, then their not exposing their dissatisfaction with the plan to the thread so we could change the plan is also an exclusively scum move, so we've got scum there. So unless they inform us why they're not going with the plan (which frankly they've missed their shot to have their say by now because we're too close to deadline oh well) then they'd best go with the plan.
Sorry, yeah, that's what I mean. We don't have time to recoordianate or anything xD

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Week 2 Power of Veto Results
@VioletValkyrie has won the Power of Veto, while nobody has successfully claimed either the Diamond Power of Veto or One Week Immunity. Violet, you have 24 hours to decide if you want to take one of the nominees off the block or keep them the same. Please make your decision bolded and in-thread and tag me when you make it.
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK If she chooses to take a player off the block, you will then have until the rest of the deadline to name a replacement nominee (to make this easier, you can PM me your potential replacement nominee in the case she uses the veto before she makes her decision).

Geyde did not submit for this challenge and would receive a warning, but he has requested to sub out.

The following players need to post more in the next 48 hours:
Does not need any additional posts, but had multiposts counting towards the 5 so ought to post more:
@Blinkehyo
Needs to post at least one more time in the next 48 hours:
@Jadethepokemontrainer (also made multiposts so ought to make more)
Needs to make at least 3 more posts in the next 48 hours:
@Vom
@GM DracLord
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Needs to make at least 4 more posts in the next 48 hours:
@mirdo
Needs to like the role confirmation post and post at least 5 more times in next 48 hours:
@Nyora

GekkisaiDaiNi and Geyde have requested to sub out and are not included on this list.
Also, you are correct if you noticed every player but 3 is on this list. Please try to just make one post every 24 hours at least. This really isn't that difficult, just read a bit of the thread and say whatever thoughts come to your mind. Any content is literally always better than no content.

Last edited:

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Geyde and Nick are the question marks, but if they don't do as I said by pleading that they never saw it, I will take that to mean their scumchat was too active and ate up all their time so they didn't get round to reading the thread
Sorry, I guess I should’ve posted that I’d pretty much be on V/LA till today due to family and switching phone carriers. I didn’t account for something coming up with school that would keep me from the thread this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.