Collecting Question for collectors

Donaldo

Aspiring Trainer
So I was just reading about storing cards long-term and was wondering any of you knew whether the sleeves that come in elite trainer boxes are acid free. The art printed on the back of the sleeves has me concerned that they are not.

At the moment, I have some ETB sleeved valuable cards in toploaders but I'm considering switching to penny sleeves as that seems to be the recommended way of storing? I'm not sure though.

Thanks for helping

I don't actually know if they are, but the last time I bought an Elite Trainer Box (back in Roaring Skies aka Shaymin-EX) I remember not being too impressed with the quality of the sleeves and have stuck to UltraPro ever since.

When I really care about the card and the penny sleeve is small enough, I also stick it into a regular sleeve as long as it slides right in and I don't have to squeeze it in, and then put it into my binder. It's pretty overkill but you gotta do what you gotta do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't actually know if they are, but the last time I bought an Elite Trainer Box (back in Roaring Skies aka Shaymin-EX) I remember not being too impressed with the quality of the sleeves and have stuck to UltraPro ever since.

When I really care about the card and the penny sleeve is small enough, I also stick it into a regular sleeve as long as it slides right in and I don't have to squeeze it in, and then put it into my binder. It's pretty overkill but you gotta do what you gotta do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So you double sleeve your valuable cards with regular sleeves and penny sleeves?

Have you ever had any issues with regards to cards curling/bending insider your binders? I've read that cards will bend overtime if kept inside a binder.

So you double sleeve your valuable cards with regular sleeves and penny sleeves?

Have you ever had any issues with regards to cards curling/bending insider your binders? I've read that cards will bend overtime if kept inside a binder.

If anything, cards are LESS likely to bend in a folder. (There's more pressure on them due to the other sheets in the binder, kinda forcing them not to curve to an extent.) Damage only really occurs with mishandling them. (Hastily closing the binder in a way that leaves pages in the path of the rings, for example, or grossly overfilling a binder.)

You know, sometimes I forget how obsessive some people can be over maintaining the condition of their cards. I'm the kind of person that doesn't double-sleeve or top-loader anything. My in-format Ultras/Secrets are in regular Ultra Pro sleeves which are in my binder alongside holos/rev rares/Trainers. My cards are in great condition.

If anything, cards are LESS likely to bend in a folder. (There's more pressure on them due to the other sheets in the binder, kinda forcing them not to curve to an extent.) Damage only really occurs with mishandling them. (Hastily closing the binder in a way that leaves pages in the path of the rings, for example, or grossly overfilling a binder.)

You know, sometimes I forget how obsessive some people can be over maintaining the condition of their cards. I'm the kind of person that doesn't double-sleeve or top-loader anything. My in-format Ultras/Secrets are in regular Ultra Pro sleeves which are in my binder alongside holos/rev rares/Trainers. My cards are in great condition.

Which binder do you use?

Yeah, but it's usually only stuff like Full Arts or Secret Rares. As for bending, RiverShock pretty much covered it. I haven't had any bending problems with cars inside a binder.

Back